The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 18th Sept)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 18th Sept)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Neil Harris has reopened the can of worms that is starting to overshadow the 1-1 draw at the New Den last weekend.

The Millwall Manager appeared to draw a line under the incident where Diego Flores, Diego Reyes, Pablo Quiroga, Carlos Corberan and French fitness coach Benoit Delaval showed their adulation for Harrison's equalizer, but during an interview on Monday Harris said: “Their reaction to the goal is completely over the top and a disgrace in English football.”

Bielsa had already played peacemaker by apologising for losing his cool when the Millwall bench were slow to give the ball back for a Leeds throw in moments before Harrison scorerd.

“I get involved in disputes only when I think that exchanging arguments with the opponent increases the understanding of the public,” Bielsa said. “I have an idea of what we should make public and what we shouldn’t.

“I also (know) that I’m a foreigner and I’m welcome and received by the football of a country which is not mine. These points are enough for me to avoid making any response.

“Everything that happened at the end of the game is clear enough so there is no necessity to explain it. When you act like a savage, you will always be criticised. But when the river has too much water in it, you don’t only draw the conclusion that the river has too much water.

You need to think why the river has too much. What are the causes? “To be accused as a savage, when you are accused of not behaving well, you have to take into account the causes, the reasons that made you not behave well.”

Conor Shaughnessy has become the latest player to succumb to what is becoming the Leeds Utd jinx.

The 22 year old central defender was forced off during the second half of the u23 development game against Sheffield Wednesday. Unfortunately, Carlos Corberan had already used up all his substitutes so United were forced to play the last 15 minutes with 10 men.

We will learn today the severeness of the injury.

The game ended 2-2.

Bielsa gave an injury update yesterday.

Berardi and Shackleton may be fit for the weekend whilst Roofe and Hernandez wil definately be sidelined for at least another fortnight.

We were also told notr to expect Izzy Brown to return to fitness anytime soon.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 18th Sept)

Post by Dalton »

Morning Sir....I take it no one has replied yet as the whole lot is doom and gloom!!!!

We have a bloke at work who put his back out "answering the telephone"
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
gessa

Post by gessa »

Millwall are just above the drop zone, Harris is trying to take the heat away from himself, trying to keep his job, that's the last 2 home games they've been winning, lose one draw one, with the defeat against 10 men, he's under pressure and it's showing. Strange how he played down the incident just before the goal which lead to the reaction to the goal, the bloke's an arse.

Roofe and Hernandez will be the 2 big misses but out the longest, our luck.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Good morning Matt & everyone
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:47 am Millwall are just above the drop zone, Harris is trying to take the heat away from himself, trying to keep his job, that's the last 2 home games they've been winning, lose one draw one, with the defeat against 10 men, he's under pressure and it's showing. Strange how he played down the incident just before the goal which lead to the reaction to the goal, the bloke's an arse.

Roofe and Hernandez will be the 2 big misses but out the longest, our luck.
Spot on mate Harris is doing is utmost to deflect his own deficiencies by raising this matter which had supposedly been put to bed

Roofe & Hernandez are a massive loss, their absence has disrupted the pattern of our play somewhat
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not interested in what Harris says, as others have said, just deflection, he is under pressure and he knows it.

Shame for SheckedNessie, but i dont rate him anyway, no big loss to the 1st team.

Hernandez and Roofe are the main losses.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Harris is a pr*ck, was as a player, is as a manager. Couldn't give a flying f**k what he says

Shame for Connor, hopefully nothing too serious.

We need Roofe and Hernandez back asap, missed them both on Saturday.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson