Patrick Bamford

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by Cjay »

Have to hope the break has done Paddy good, he made a mistake and he is aware of that and apologised to the squad.

He is at his best a very good striker at this level, even though he hasnt always been the main man and often has played as a number 10 and a winger his record is extremely good.

86 games 46 goals 7 assists (minutes played taken into account )

Thats a minutes per goal of 168 minutes per goal which this season would put him 7th in that respect.

This season its 1 every 151 minutes which is only behind Sharp, Gayle, Pukki, Maupay and Abraham.

So ahead of people like Jay Rodriguez, Che Adams, Ollie McBurnie and Lewis Grabban.

Considering he has had 2 nasty injuries that's decent.

As for the chances missed they all do it, Abraham, Pukki etc.

Bamford isnt ideal for our style but he is the most proven and naturally talented striker we have imo and we need to get behind him.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 12.31.17.png
Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 12.31.17.png (275.78 KiB) Viewed 3575 times
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

That is superb from Lord Bamford and maybe highlights why Bielsa plays him over Eddie, that sort of thing will appeal to MB a lot.

Not entirely convinced Eddie can play as a lone front man, imo Paddy makes more intelligent runs, links play better and holds it up better.

Great work rate Paddy :clap:

( i cant get twitter clips to work anymore)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:35 pm
That is superb from Lord Bamford and maybe highlights why Bielsa plays him over Eddie, that sort of thing will appeal to MB a lot.

Not entirely convinced Eddie can play as a lone front man, imo Paddy makes more intelligent runs, links play better and holds it up better.

Great work rate Paddy :clap:

( i cant get twitter clips to work anymore)
Sorted Cjay
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

What's the point if he can't stick it in the back of the net?
Playing pretty won't get you Promoted.
He hasn't scored in the last 7 games simply not good enough.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

leedsmad wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:52 am What's the point if he can't stick it in the back of the net?
It wasn't even playing pretty.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Mb made the interesting observation that his high press tactics is hurting Costas game as he rarely gets the ball on the ring and has no space to run into.

So no delivery to Bamford from the right hand side.

Then we have Mr Ponderous on the left..

Do we cant blame the striker in isolation of what is happening ( or in this case not happening) around him.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

leedsmad wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:52 am What's the point if he can't stick it in the back of the net?
^^^^^^^^^
This :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:25 pm Mb made the interesting observation that his high press tactics is hurting Costas game as he rarely gets the ball on the ring and has no space to run into.

So no delivery to Bamford from the right hand side.

Then we have Mr Ponderous on the left..

Do we cant blame the striker in isolation of what is happening ( or in this case not happening) around him.
He's had 34 shots at goal, most as far as I can tell in the division. He'd probably be closer to 50 had he gotten in better positions, pulled the trigger when he should have or been a touch quicker, he's all too often not in the box when the cross comes in

I don't think supply is an issue.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Eddie comes on and scores basically on 1st attempt.
MB is to stubborn and costing us by playing and starting Bamford instead of Eddie, blind Freddy can see it
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

His performances in front of goal are getting embarrassing now...good running for the team or not, his finishing has been really poor for a while now.

Bielsa's stubbornness isn't helping either. Nketiah absolutely has to start next game, he's forced Bielsa's hand.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He needs to rebuild his confidence in the U23's for a while..
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:00 pm He needs to rebuild his confidence in the U23's for a while..
This is the key bit. All strikers need confidence and he is snatching at things rather than relying on instinct and making himself look a lot worse than he is. For his own sake now he could do with being rested and getting his confidence back.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

It's just borderline cruel at this point keeping him out there so he misses and then his misses are written about in the BBC etc and on Sky, Quest etc making him a target of embarrassment. Clearly not in a position to be starting up front. I constantly was screaming don't pass to Bamford whenever we got in their box, it's got to that point.
Last edited by SG90 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

He's always been a striker who scores in batches rather than every week like a Gayle etc.
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

Its not even a debate anymore Eddie should start over Bamford end of ,you want promotion you need to score goals and win games,!Bamfords not the man to do that
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Bamford looks like a guy low on confidence when he gets a chance, doing well other than that, working hard, holding the ball up, can’t see why he can’t play behind Nketiah
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

dezzy wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:51 pm Bamford looks like a guy low on confidence when he gets a chance, doing well other than that, working hard, holding the ball up, can’t see why he can’t play behind Nketiah
Not a midfielder for me, if we use him as a second forward and we have wing backs which means Kalvin covers he back 2 then we get Klich in center mid and that's it. Dallas would probably need to drop out if we do play 2 up front
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Insisted all along Bamford is not a 20/25 goals a season striker, at this rate he'll be lucky to reach double-figures, 15 at best if he shapes himself. Imo PB is not a good striker, it's got beyond the stage of him being unfortunate or out of form. Bamford whole demeanour is wrong so much so it's become embarrassing!

The likes of Wood, Beckford, Becchio & McCormack who have played for Leeds at championship level would have eaten up the chances Paddy continues to miss. The opportunities he squandered tonight is unacceptable, once again he has cost us points, the game should have been out of Preston's sight by half-time. With five minutes to go I couldn't see us grabbing a point, our blushes saved by a 19yo kid who is a natural goalscorer. Surely that was a penalty at the death as Eddie appeared to be taken out from the back.

Something has to give or else we are not going up come next May
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:05 am Insisted all along Bamford is not a 20/25 goals a season striker, at this rate he'll be lucky to reach double-figures, 15 at best if he shapes himself. Imo PB is not a good striker, it's got beyond the stage of him being unfortunate or out of form. Bamford whole demeanour is wrong so much so it's become embarrassing!

The likes of Wood, Beckford, Becchio & McCormack who have played for Leeds at championship level would have eaten up the chances Paddy continues to miss. The opportunities he squandered tonight is unacceptable, once again he has cost us points, the game should have been out of Preston's sight by half-time. With five minutes to go I couldn't see us grabbing a point, our blushes saved by a 19yo kid who is a natural goalscorer. Surely that was a penalty at the death as Eddie appeared to be taken out from the back.

Something has to give or else we are not going up come next May
I must admit it looked a stone wall penalty to me but there are no replays on the red button games so I can't say for certain.
The ref seemed to have a good view of it and said no immediately plus there wasn't too many protests from the Leeds players.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden