Patrick Bamford

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Patrick Bamford First Interview

Post by Cjay »

Bit early but our medicals are pretty poor, if he arrives with 2 legs tomorrow he is signing :)

71 gamez 36 goals 5 assists is his Championship record with minutes played taken into account.

Good record given he has played on the wing, number 10 and as a striker.

Boro fans are very angry, always think thats a good sign, if there is almost universal anger from the previous/current club of a potential new signing then you've probably got a good player.

Some very good finishes tbf to him in the 2 highlight videos.

Welcome (probaby) Patrick Bamford.

Will we/are we be happy?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Think he'll be a very good signing. Fans should get good odds at 1xbet indonesia on him being our top scorer this season. He be coming to Leeds as a very much needed front man, up top or striker. However he'll be played as an out and and out goalscorer. Around the top leagues enough for me to convince me that he can make a name for himself. Hope he can hit the ground running as we say and please god he can stay fit. Good luck to the man .
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Mildly ambivalent, he's taking the place of one of my favourite players...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:57 pm Mildly ambivalent, he's taking the place of one of my favourite players...
I don't think he is being signed as a direct replacement for Sacko.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Think he is a step down from Vydra and Hernandez, thats disappointing.

I hope we can sign a marquee player like them, need more then Bamford.

Bamford when mentioned was with Jordan Hugill in the "plus Vydra bracket" imo, with Vydra then great as a partner, alone and at 7mil rising to 10mil he is a bit overpriced and underwhelming.

But, he seems well thought off at Boro, his record is 1 in 2 practically despite playing in multiple positions.

Intelligent player, decent pace, wins headers, links well within others, left footed but seems able to use his right to.

He is a good signing if he arrives but he isn't the difference maker i thought Vydra would have been.
Signed

King Cjay

Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Can't believe no one's mentioned that he's over six foot yet...
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Boro fans don't seem too bothered he's going from what I've read. His record in the championship for boro since he signed for them permanently has been quite poor and at seven million he's not cheap. Don't think he'll get many goals for us especially now he's in a team where he will probably get worse Service.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

BoroFan TV a candid view from a Boro fan on Leeds and Bamford.
What a rant :lol:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

What eloquent composed erudition.
I wonder if he realised his drool level without looking at the camcorder lens.
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Hmmmm... still not signed !!
Is there a snag ?
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:39 pm Think he is a step down from Vydra and Hernandez, thats disappointing.

I hope we can sign a marquee player like them, need more then Bamford.

Bamford when mentioned was with Jordan Hugill in the "plus Vydra bracket" imo, with Vydra then great as a partner, alone and at 7mil rising to 10mil he is a bit overpriced and underwhelming.

But, he seems well thought off at Boro, his record is 1 in 2 practically despite playing in multiple positions.

Intelligent player, decent pace, wins headers, links well within others, left footed but seems able to use his right to.

He is a good signing if he arrives but he isn't the difference maker i thought Vydra would have been.
Agree hope the lad proves me wrong and is a massive hit but then I’m sure there was at least one game I thought Sacko was good so proves what I know :roll:

I understand there’s another issue with signing Vydra apparently he doesn’t want his name on the back of his shirt but Show Me The Money instead
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Ratscoot wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:00 am Agree hope the lad proves me wrong and is a massive hit but then I’m sure there was at least one game I thought Sacko was good so proves what I know :roll:

I understand there’s another issue with signing Vydra apparently he doesn’t want his name on the back of his shirt but Show Me The Money instead
Goes to show Vydra never wanted to come :(

Hope Bamford proves me wrong to. :)
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9278452

Deal done - worth noting when people knock the current owners of the club that it is the most we have spent on a player in 17 years.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

More I've thought about Bamford the happier I've become. Seems to fit better with what we needed than Vydra who reports suggested was better at 10, whereas Bamford seems to get best reports leading the line. Good touch, movement and awareness - just not the quickest. Quite hopeful of this one.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

weasel wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:06 pm https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9278452

Deal done - worth noting when people knock the current owners of the club that it is the most we have spent on a player in 17 years.
Indded, in the absence of a "money no object" owner - which other clubs seem to have been able to attract, we have seen a consistent upward trajectory of the clubs finances from the unmitigated shambles that was GFH and prior. Maybe not as quick as some people want but better to have a sustainable plan and stick to it than risk the lot.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Very happy with Bamford provided the Vieira money doesnt pay for it.

7mil is a decent price.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:06 pm https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9278452

This is what we've all been crying out for in a long time, spending money on proven championship players & showing some ambition, hasn't been the case up until the last couple of weeks apart from the signing of Forshaw in January

Well done to our top management, at last they have seen the light :clape:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:29 pm Very happy with Bamford provided the Vieira money doesnt pay for it.

7mil is a decent price.
Evening post quoting £7m

BBC site £10m

We need a CB with the Vieira money
1964white

Re: Patrick Bamford - WE HAVE A STRIKER

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2018-07-31 at 17.40.27.png