Jack Clarke- Get Your Boots On

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Jack Clarke

Post by SG90 »

I'm more worried about Bundesliga clubs coming in for Jack, than PL clubs. They're obviously interested in English talent atm and we will accept any decent offer we receive.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Thought Harrison had a good half yesterday, but again Clarke changed the game. Were we not a man down we would have won that yesterday.

Think Jack will get a start against QPR, along with Shackleton and Halme... maybe Buffer as well to give BPF a day off.

Still questions about Clarke's fitness/stamina for me, but he's clearly got the quality.

Don't think we have to worry about him being sold in Jan tbh. If we go up I reckon he'll stay as well. Radz isn't stupid and the financial benefit of a quality player and promotion is much more than the cash injection...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -ball.html

He's crap.

Dont buy him all you Premier league teams
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.footballinsider247.com/excl ... ds-player/

There is no excuse for selling Jack this window, not one, there probably are clubs preparing bids, given how popular English players are.

I dont care how much, NO!!!!!!

Fed up of us selling our kids, Fulham set a precedent last season, told clubs to fook off when they came calling for Cairney and Sessegnon, they got promoted because of it.

Villa didnt have a pot to piss in, they kept Grealish.

Already sold Vieira against Bielsas wishes Radz, and Saiz (not your fault entirely) and left him with a under strength squad.

Dont push your luck anymore with him or the fans!!!!!!
Signed

King Cjay

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I think it might depend on whether the kids want to stay, or whether they get their heads turned by agents. I believe that in Grealish's case, he actually wanted to stay and said no to leaving...which Villa were delighted with of course.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Ian Harte is his agent ffs. Hopefully he tells him to stay put.

If a bid comes in, Radz will sell. And it will be derisory like £5m.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

And don't even think about a loan back for the rest of the season, because if we go up, we've lost a quality talent on the cheap.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:44 pm I think it might depend on whether the kids want to stay, or whether they get their heads turned by agents. I believe that in Grealish's case, he actually wanted to stay and said no to leaving...which Villa were delighted with of course.
Tbf Radz has already set a precedent for pushing the young players out the door, look at what Ronnie Vieira said, he was forced out, in no way his choice.

We could have brought Bamford, didn't need to sell Vieira but Radz wouldn't invest that money into transfers, the sell to buy excuse worked when the club was in the poo, but we arent anymore, we could afford to make a 10-15mil loss and still be ok.

Tried to do the same with Jansson to, tried to flog him to a Russian team.

Does sometimes depend on agents and the players mindset but Radz has shown he will sell and in the case of Vieira the player has little choice.

I worry about Clarke more then any other player we have, no faith in Radz to not sell then spout about "we need to sell players to buy".
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:00 pm Tbf Radz has already set a precedent for pushing the young players out the door, look at what Ronnie Vieira said, he was forced out, in no way his choice.

We could have brought Bamford, didn't need to sell Vieira but Radz wouldn't invest that money into transfers, the sell to buy excuse worked when the club was in the poo, but we arent anymore, we could afford to make a 10-15mil loss and still be ok.

Tried to do the same with Jansson to, tried to flog him to a Russian team.

Does sometimes depend on agents and the players mindset but Radz has shown he will sell and in the case of Vieira the player has little choice.

I worry about Clarke more then any other player we have, no faith in Radz to not sell then spout about "we need to sell players to buy".
Completely agree. He's gone sadly, nothing we can do about it until Italian Bates fucks off.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

It wouldn't go down well with our fans if Radz put his greed & love for money first by selling one of our prime assets
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

I’d be more surprised if clubs werent looking to sign Clarke, this article is hot air.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:04 pm Completely agree. He's gone sadly, nothing we can do about it until Italian Bates fucks off.
Wouldn't go as far as to say "Italian Bates".

Bates invested naff all including what he received in fees.

Radz does invest the fees he just wont put his own money up, which was entirely expected tbh, he is a businessman here to make a profit, we are an asset to be used to generate money for Radz however he sees fit.

Be that spending £20mil on a stadium that the rent during his specified 5 years was 1/4 of the cost, sending us to far away countries to gain tv rights.

Or be that selling players to keep the club in the black.

He just wont invest his own cash in transfers unfortunately and its so f**king annoying.

The stadium purchase winds me up, great PR, looks good when your club owns its ground, but that £20mil could have gone on transfers, get to the Prem THEN buy the stadium back.

A Championship club with a stadium isnt worth as much as a Premier league one without it.

Just hope hope hope he sees what a golden opportunity this January and season is now.
Last edited by Cjay on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

dezzy wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:12 pm I’d be more surprised if clubs werent looking to sign Clarke, this article is hot air.
Radz was touting Jansson and Vieira around all summer, that was mentioned all over the place.

Turned out to be true.

Hand on heart do you trust him to not do the same with Jack and if possible sell him this window?
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:41 pm Wouldn't go as far as to say "Italian Bates".

Bates invested naff all including what he received in fees.

Radz does invest the fees he just wont put his own money up, which was entirely expected tbh, he is a businessman here to make a profit, we are an asset to be used to generate money for Radz however he sees fit.

Be that spending £20mil on a stadium that the rent during his specified 5 years was 1/4 of the cost, sending us to far away countries to gain tv rights.

Or be that selling players to keep the club in the black.

He just wont invest his own cash in transfers unfortunately and its so f**king annoying.

The stadium purchase winds me up, great PR, looks good when your club owns its ground, but that £20mil could have gone on transfers, get to the Prem THEN buy the stadium back.

A Championship club with a stadium isnt worth as much as a Premier league one without it.

Just hope hope hope he sees what a golden opportunity this January and season is now.
I agree it's just so frustrating.

I have no problem with us living within our means, but in the position we're in, we simply have to go for it rather than trying to do it on the cheap and rely on miracles. I'm not saying spend fortunes and go crazy, just £10m on a couple of quality additions, they could be loans for all I care.

I just don't get Radz. He says he'd give Conte £20m a year, yet he has shown no desire to put it in the team. He moans about wanting a PL2 because of the tv money, but refuses to put any money towards us getting to the real PL.

It's all the secrecy and lies as well, just be open and honest. The Peterborough chairman is always talking to fans and giving updates on Twitter, Radz only appears when we win and goes into hiding when it gets tough.

If we have any ambition, we simply have to say no to all bids. If we go up, he'd be worth £50m, so no excuses for selling him for £5-10m this January. But I fear we will because we have no fight or backbone.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:41 pm Be that spending £20mil on a stadium that the rent during his specified 5 years was 1/4 of the cost, sending us to far away countries to gain tv rights.
So are you saying that the rent for the 5 year period would amount to just £5m (or £1m per year) if it is 1/4 of the cost? That simply isn't true, I don't know the exact figures but likely over the 5 year period we would be paying upwards of £3m per year so quite easily nearly the full £20m over the 5 year period and that would simply be lost money.

What you also then have is the cost of maintaining the stadium and repairs as I am sure the landlord wouldn't have been spending a penny. So we'd be spending millions more adding value to something that didn't belong to the club which means that the cost of buying it back would continually increase.

The cost of the stadium as well doesn't affect FFP - this has been shown on here before and it wasn't like AR sold Taylor and Wood and then used the £20m that brought in to buy the stadium - he invested it back on players.

We may be one of only a few clubs adhering to FFP but guess what FFP is designed to stop clubs spending more than they can afford, to stop clubs going into administration when they gamble and fail. The idea behind FFP is to make clubs run like a proper business and be self sustaining. Villa may continue to spend beyond their means but there will come a point, if they continue to not get promoted, where it will all collapse and there won't be anyone waiting to take them over and save them - it will be the likes of Bates and all the other vultures who looked to feast on our carcass when we gambled and failed.

Yes spending £10m to £20m extra would be worthwhile if it guaranteed promotion and the premiership money but it doesn't and if the club spent an extra £20m and failed then we could see another firesale like we had when Ridsdale gambled and failed. Jack Clarke and others being flogged on the cheap because we gambled and failed.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Clarke will be sold if we don't go up weasel, whether we gamble or not.

Tired of the ffp excuse. Did Bournemouth, Wolves, QPR, Leicester, Brighton care about it? No. It's noble we're trying to adhere to it, but it will cost us in the long run.

Even Hudds lost £20m chasing promotion. You can't do it on the cheap.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:16 pm So are you saying that the rent for the 5 year period would amount to just £5m (or £1m per year) if it is 1/4 of the cost? That simply isn't true, I don't know the exact figures but likely over the 5 year period we would be paying upwards of £3m per year so quite easily nearly the full £20m over the 5 year period and that would simply be lost money.

What you also then have is the cost of maintaining the stadium and repairs as I am sure the landlord wouldn't have been spending a penny. So we'd be spending millions more adding value to something that didn't belong to the club which means that the cost of buying it back would continually increase.

The cost of the stadium as well doesn't affect FFP - this has been shown on here before and it wasn't like AR sold Taylor and Wood and then used the £20m that brought in to buy the stadium - he invested it back on players.

We may be one of only a few clubs adhering to FFP but guess what FFP is designed to stop clubs spending more than they can afford, to stop clubs going into administration when they gamble and fail. The idea behind FFP is to make clubs run like a proper business and be self sustaining. Villa may continue to spend beyond their means but there will come a point, if they continue to not get promoted, where it will all collapse and there won't be anyone waiting to take them over and save them - it will be the likes of Bates and all the other vultures who looked to feast on our carcass when we gambled and failed.

Yes spending £10m to £20m extra would be worthwhile if it guaranteed promotion and the premiership money but it doesn't and if the club spent an extra £20m and failed then we could see another firesale like we had when Ridsdale gambled and failed. Jack Clarke and others being flogged on the cheap because we gambled and failed.
The cost of the rent was £1.5mil in 2017 rising by 3% every year as reported by the YEP.

The 5 year rental wouldn't have even cost half of the £20mil, about £8-10mil at most over the 5 years.

The rental and cost of leasing Elland Road came from the mouth of the owner, "we might save £1.5-2mil a year", he said that back in 2017.

Mate we will see another fire sale regardless if we dont go up.

He will sell whoever he can, he said we need to sell 2 players a year, he tried to flog Jansson and will again.

So if we spend 0 this window or £15mil the end results will be the same if we dont go up we will lose at least 2 players and the whole circle repeats.

Ive no issue with living within our means, but when you have a golden opportunity to get promoted and your manager is asking for better players then we have why wouldn't you spend some money?

Had he not spent on the stadium then that money he saved could have been used to fund the squad.

As it is Radz went cap in hand to the 49ers because he wont spend money on transfers.

The 49ers can increase there shareholding every year we dont get promotion because Radz doesnt want to own a loss making club and he cant and wont afford one.

None of this is made up or some sort of agenda its all plain as day imo.

Radz WILL sell players if we dont go up regardless of spending in January.

The stadium is an expensive and unnecessary PR scheme designed to get fans onside and enhance the value of Leeds for him as the owner.

We could lose money this year and still clear FFP but Radz has already said he wants us to break even every year.

Radz is all about money we are a vehicle to make money and his whole business mantra is small expenditure maximum profits, thats why he closed the UK arm of Eleven Sports so fast, he doesnt have the funds to lose money like his competitors did in the early days.

I think Radz is underfunded, he cant afford to finance us, hence the 49ers. If you look at the fallout from the Eleven Sports issues the consensual between the industry experts was that Radz greatly underestimated the funding needed to break into the lucrative but competitive UK sports media scene. Now given that mediais where Radz made his cash so presumably has good knowledge i think its a surprise he would underestimate the funding that is needed.

Now is it not entirely plausible that a man with no prior football club ownership experience never mind English and 2nd division club ownership would totally underestimate the cost of owning a 2nd division club? Hence why he keeps saying we need to break even, something 95% of EFL clubs dont do. Hence why he said he wanted to follow the Brighton model, a model held up as this great way run a club.

But a club with the 2nd largest debt in the country almsot entirely owed to there owner, Brighton are a sugar daddy club, there not runon the cheap making profits, they are given money hand over first by there billionaire owner.

I'm not anti Radz but imo i see him for what he is, he isn't a crook or an asset stripper but he is a businessman who sees the club as a business and will treat it as such.

Investing in things that enhance the value of his asset like stadiums and training grounds and even Bielsa who has increased our worldwide exposure.

But risks in the transfer market are not what he will do, he doesnt like risks and he doesnt like to use his own cash imo.

And frankly ive had enough of owners refusing to show ambition and selling all our best players.

Sick of being a feeder club and pissing about on the cheap.

Everyone moans about Ridsdale and yes he got us in a mess but that was also the most enjoyable time in my lifetime supporting LUFC.

The majority of it has been crap and I'm sick of it.

No more cheap owners, no more selling our best players, no more excuses.

If we dont go up this season and we dont have a proper go this window then Radz can piss off like the rest of the potless chancers looking to use the club purely for themselves.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The club are hiding behind Ridsdale still. That was 17/18 years ago now, let go. I rather us try and fail than not to bother trying at all. I don't want to be sat here in May, saying "what if?"
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:45 pm Radz was touting Jansson and Vieira around all summer, that was mentioned all over the place.

Turned out to be true.

Hand on heart do you trust him to not do the same with Jack and if possible sell him this window?
No, I don’t think he’s flaunting Jack, but I wouldn’t think he’d be switching his phone off either, wathever way the clubs finances are, we had to sell a big name player, that’s his business plan, sadly and one that most clubs in the championship have, but not the ones we want to be competing with, he just came out and said it, which was foolish considering the stick he gets anyway :roflmao: I think it’s under the assumption that the investment he has put into the youth setup will produce players, which it looks like hopefully it will.
I think it would take a crazy offer for him to even entertain though and that we won’t sell him or come close to doing so
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

dezzy wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:51 pm No, I don’t think he’s flaunting Jack, but I wouldn’t think he’d be switching his phone off either, wathever way the clubs finances are, we had to sell a big name player, that’s his business plan, sadly and one that most clubs in the championship have, but not the ones we want to be competing with, he just came out and said it, which was foolish considering the stick he gets anyway :roflmao: I think it’s under the assumption that the investment he has put into the youth setup will produce players, which it looks like hopefully it will.
I think it would take a crazy offer for him to even entertain though and that we won’t sell him or come close to doing so
You have more faith in him then me :(

Anyone who touts Brighton as a Successful example of how to run a club and get promoted needs to do more research.

They were successful yes, but not an example of a club run cheaply.

They made a £20mil loss in the 2 seasons leading up to there promtion through transfers alone.

£75.2 million loss total from 14-15 to 16-17 season.

They were not profitable and selling there u21 stars for £6mil!!!!!!

Anyways i hope your right, i feel better now :)
Signed

King Cjay