The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 7th Sept)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 7th Sept)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Radrizzani has hinted that Oriol Rey, Alex Machuca, Adrian Balboa and Oliver Sarkic could all be offloaded permanently

Radrizzani told the YEP 'We have a lot of millions in Under-23 salaries. It’s too heavy for this club'.

Thoughts?

Bailey Peacock-Farrell has been contacted by the FA about switching his allegiance to England!

The 21-year-old was born in England but has represented Northern Ireland in a friendly.

He told them he wants to play for Northern Ireland.

Mateusz Klich came very close to moving to the MLS in the Summer. Speaking to the Polish press, the 28yo said:-
“Over time, I realised that it could be getting harder to receive a call-up (to the national squad). I was very close to a transfer to the United States and it would probably have been a nail in the coffin. In the end, I didn’t leave, which I’m happy about.”

“I’m in the best shape I’ve ever had in my life. A lot has changed: I have seen a lot, learned a lot and drew a lot of conclusions. At the beginning of my football adventure, I did not take a few things seriously – even food. It’s only recently that I realised just how important it is for a football player.”

No surprises but Marcelo Bielsa and Kemar Roofe have won their respective Player / Manager of the Month for August in the Championship.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 7th Sept)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Heckingbottom had a lot to say earlier in the season why things did not work out for him at ER!

"I enjoyed it, but it was frustrating.

"You will always be judged on results but for me personally I would swap places with Marcelo straight away.

"There were lots of reasons it didn't work.

"The obvious one that people speak about is the squad of players and certain things are always said about that.

"There were bigger things for me - you can only change the players at the end of the season but for me the working culture needed to be different at the club.

"There are people involved in performance and looking after the players and making sure they can enjoy the best performance they can and then there are others that shouldn’t and that's one of the things as well as the squad of players that needed changing.

"There were obvious differences to what I expected but it was different to how the role that was set out to me as well and it was more that.

"I knew the players and I knew the team but until you were in the building and see how things work behind the scenes - they were the things that needed changing.

"Ultimately you can get results early doors and you are just papering over the cracks of what's not quite working.

"One thing about Leeds is they have so many people involved and they all like to be known to be involved instead of just being in the background away from the players - letting the coach get on with managing the players, letting the coach get on with generating the right environment around the players to be pushing and to all be geared towards performance and that is not quite there.

"I know that changes have been made this season to sort of help implement that - for me that is the biggest thing and the biggest thing they need to change to be competing at the top end."
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

:shock: First one to post MAY win a prize...
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:03 am Good Morning Everyone Good morning sir

Radrizzani has hinted that Oriol Rey, Alex Machuca, Adrian Balboa and Oliver Sarkic could all be offloaded permanently

Radrizzani told the YEP 'We have a lot of millions in Under-23 salaries. It’s too heavy for this club'.

Thoughts?
We all knew this as kids were arriving on a weekly basis at the expense of the 1st team

Bailey Peacock-Farrell has been contacted by the FA about switching his allegiance to England!

The 21-year-old was born in England but has represented Northern Ireland in a friendly.

He told them he wants to play for Northern Ireland.

Agree 100% , he has more chance of an international career with Ireland

Mateusz Klich came very close to moving to the MLS in the Summer. Speaking to the Polish press, the 28yo said:-
“Over time, I realised that it could be getting harder to receive a call-up (to the national squad). I was very close to a transfer to the United States and it would probably have been a nail in the coffin. In the end, I didn’t leave, which I’m happy about.”

“I’m in the best shape I’ve ever had in my life. A lot has changed: I have seen a lot, learned a lot and drew a lot of conclusions. At the beginning of my football adventure, I did not take a few things seriously – even food. It’s only recently that I realised just how important it is for a football player.”

Sounds like Mateusz is in a good place

No surprises but Marcelo Bielsa and Kemar Roofe have won their respective Player / Manager of the Month for August in the Championship.

Both well deserved and earned
Bot
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:03 am Good Morning Everyone
Good morning Matt & everyone from a rainy, windswept Northumbria, also had wi-fi network problems now resolved thankfully
1964white

Post by 1964white »

So good to see loyalty from a footballer that BPF has shown to NI
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Not surprised we are overloaded with U23's as we seem to have brought in millions :lol:

All paying off now as the U23's are unbeaten this season so we can afford to get rid of the dead-legs within the squad
1964white

Post by 1964white »

With regards Klich his comments says it all about Bielsa's management

We can add yet another reason why our players look so different this season, yesterday it was Pontus is not drinking alcohol now we have the food nutrition/diet aspect of Bielsa's methods to maintain our players are fit & healthy
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Surely it was a formality that Marcelo would be manager of August & Roofe player of the month.

Both thoroughly deserved
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:20 am :shock: First one to post MAY win a prize...
Can I have it for the most posts :)
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Agree I think our under 23s must have the biggest squad in the UK so selling, letting a few go won’t be an isssue

Nice to see a player stick to their guns and stay with the country he’s played for throughout

Glad Kiltch had a change of mind and stayed here as I feel we wouldn’t be playing quite as well without him, like having a new quality signing
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:17 am
Glad Kiltch had a change of mind and stayed here as I feel we wouldn’t be playing quite as well without him, like having a new quality signing
A long with Douglas I always feel that Klich is one of our two new signings in our first XI
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Afternoon Matt

We all grumbled about the amount of young players brought in last summer (at the expense of first team improvements) and, whilst we seem to be reaping the benefits in terms of the U23s being unbeaten and a few stepping up to the first team squad, if some are on the periphery or unlikely to make it, then it makes sense to let them go.

BPF is part of the Green and White Army, and he knows it!!!!

Interesting comments from Klich. Whilst it was accepted wisdom that TC caused the rift, perhaps Klich had something of an attitude problem and did some growing up when he was in Holland and over the summer. Whatever happened, we now have a helluva player on our books. He'd have been wasted in the MLS

No brainer for MB and KR
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:03 am Radrizzani has hinted that Oriol Rey, Alex Machuca, Adrian Balboa and Oliver Sarkic could all be offloaded permanently

Think it was absolutely the right policy last year to sign loads as our under age groups were a bit threadbare. Always going to be very hit and miss with youngsters progressing so signing loads increased our chances of finding some good ones. As shown by the results the policy has been successful in making us better and the hope is that the signings also raised the performances of the players already here and also made it so we could play a certain way as we had players coming into the club that were more used to the continental way of playing.

Now though we should be able to trim back as there will be a lot of players that won't make it and won't even be in the squads. The cream will rise to the top. It may even be that we will be able to recoup some of the investment by selling some that aren't going to be good enough for us. Even if it is just modest fees it all helps.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:47 am Interesting comments from Klich. Whilst it was accepted wisdom that TC caused the rift, perhaps Klich had something of an attitude problem and did some growing up when he was in Holland and over the summer. Whatever happened, we now have a helluva player on our books. He'd have been wasted in the MLS
Think sometimes it is the case that players can have the wrong attitude and it is then hard for a coach to work with them. Maybe the shock did him good and made him grow up and maybe also the fact Bielsa has the reputation, rather than it being a novice coach, has made him listen to the coach. Great that he has sorted himself out and is now showing how good a player he can be.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:15 am Heckingbottom had a lot to say earlier in the season why things did not work out for him at ER!
He can say all he wants but ultimately the results were abysmal and the club is in a far better place with Bielsa in charge. It is essentially the same group of players that he continually said were not good enough. Heckingbottom may at some point be a good manager but ex players get rushed into these jobs too quickly. I am sure Corboran will learn a lot working with Bielsa and potential new managers would be far better working under experienced managers to gain experience rather than just going from playing to managing and taking coaching badges.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:53 pm Think sometimes it is the case that players can have the wrong attitude and it is then hard for a coach to work with them. Maybe the shock did him good and made him grow up and maybe also the fact Bielsa has the reputation, rather than it being a novice coach, has made him listen to the coach. Great that he has sorted himself out and is now showing how good a player he can be.
Or Vice Versa
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote: ↑

Or Vice Versa
Agreed - still more inclined to this view.

As to Klich considering the MLS, you have to look at the timing - definitely pre-Bielsa and with the future uncertain in terms of a settled and effective management team. Given what he experienced with TC and then looking at his knee-jerk replacement, I'm not sure I would have had great faith in LUFC at that point either.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I'd be disappointed to see Rey go without him being given a chance. He impressed me when I saw him in the u23 last season. I thought he'd do well under Bielsa, but we decided to loan him out instead. Maybe it was homesickness or something. Same with Sarkic, he came with a big reputation and started well before getting injured, then Dalby and Edmondson were signed and took his place.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Evening all... Wish there was a like button, quite a few posts I agree with