The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 21st Aug)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 21st Aug)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Tyler Roberts has been dropped from the first team, and banished to the under 23's.

The 19yo forward has not exactly hit the ground running this season, and has been told to train with Carlos Corberán's youngsters.

Meanwhile, we are told that Leeds have no interest in Derby striker Cameron Jerome.

It is rumoured tht the 32 year old would be keen on a loan move to ER, but the club have stated that they have necessary fire power up front already, and are concentrating their efforts on another holding midfielder.

Leeds MD Angus Kinnear has been talking to the YEP about reinforcing the squad before the loan market slams shut :-

“So while the football department will actively monitor the market until the end of the loan window which closes at the end of the month, we feel we are doing so from a position of relative strength,”

“We believe that one or two opportunities are likely to present themselves but they will need to manifestly strengthen our hand if they are to be pursued.”

I know its early but here are the average home gates so far this season.

The Championship average attendances table
1 Aston Villa 34,331

2 Leeds United 33,912

3 Nottingham Forest 27,899

4 Derby County 27,311

5 Norwich City 25,144

6 Stoke City 24,806

7 West Bromwich Albion 24,327

8 Sheffield United 24,252

9 Sheffield Wednesday 23,416

10 Middlesbrough 23,354

11 Birmingham City 21,380

12 Bristol City 20,925

13 Swansea City 19,352

14 Ipswich Town 18.382

15 Reading 18,382

16 Millwall 15,120

17 Queens Park Rangers 14,128

18 Bolton Wanderers 14,112

19 Preston North End 13,707

20 Blackburn Rovers 13,239

21 Wigan Athletic 12,875

22 Hull City 12,233

23 Brentford 10,215

24 Rotherham United 9.460
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 21st Aug)

Post by 1964white »

Jerome is not for Leeds thankfully

Hull City's attendance has halved since their return to the championship as they head back to League One. I have quite a few Tigers Ra Ra Ra friends who also think they'll be relegated

Right time to get ready for the long journey to Swansea :-D
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Makes sense for Tyler Roberts to play with the U23s at the moment as he would be 3rd choice striker at present and unlikely to get any minutes with us only having 1 striker playing. Would expect him to still be part of the squad in cup games and also if Roofe or Bamford got injured.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Sure I posted on here whenRoberts signed, Walsall fans I know said he was a decent prospect but felt he wasn't ready for the Championship yet, I think it was a bit of a panic buy at £3M, especially as he was injured at the time.

Can't wait to see my West Brom mates and rip the piss, just over 22,000 on Saturday was pathetic. Honestly thought they'd carry on with 30,000 gates.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Bielsa listed Roberts in his 'highly rated youngsters' list the other week (along with Shackleton, Shaughnessy and Edmonson), so I think he'll still play some part in the first team. Will serve him well to get game time for the u23s so that he's fresh when called on for first team action.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:50 am Jerome is not for Leeds thankfully

Hull City's attendance has halved since their return to the championship as they head back to League One. I have quite a few Tigers Ra Ra Ra friends who also think they'll be relegated

Right time to get ready for the long journey to Swansea :-D
Morning Leon, safe trip to Swansea pal.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

weasel wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:57 am Makes sense for Tyler Roberts to play with the U23s at the moment as he would be 3rd choice striker at present and unlikely to get any minutes with us only having 1 striker playing. Would expect him to still be part of the squad in cup games and also if Roofe or Bamford got injured.
Morning Weasel, we all forget that the lad is only 19, as was Grot. Perhaps Bielsa did not want the boo boys to get to him?
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

gessa wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:37 am Sure I posted on here whenRoberts signed, Walsall fans I know said he was a decent prospect but felt he wasn't ready for the Championship yet, I think it was a bit of a panic buy at £3M, especially as he was injured at the time.

Can't wait to see my West Brom mates and rip the piss, just over 22,000 on Saturday was pathetic. Honestly thought they'd carry on with 30,000 gates.
Morning Gessa, the attendances surprised me, especially Hull. Oh - how the mighty have fallen...
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Genghers wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:19 am Bielsa listed Roberts in his 'highly rated youngsters' list the other week (along with Shackleton, Shaughnessy and Edmonson), so I think he'll still play some part in the first team. Will serve him well to get game time for the u23s so that he's fresh when called on for first team action.
Morning Genghers, I think Roberts just needs game time tbh. Let him have some u23 time, score some goals, get his confidence up.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Remember the FrackARSE when the Football Association was investigating a claim by Norwich striker
Cameron Jerome that he was racially abused by Leeds defender Giuseppe Bellusci on Tuesday.

Ah them were the days when a defender would do an overhead kick to clear the ball.

Not for Leeds in my opinion.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:03 am Morning Leon, safe trip to Swansea pal.
Traffic heavy on the M1

Next stop Hopwood Services I guess