The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 20 Aug)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 20 Aug)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

After a topsy turvy first half on Saturday, Leeds took control and came away comfortable victors by two goals to nil.

The display was not as comprehensive as any of us thought it would be, and its fair to say there were periods of the game when Leeds were not playing well - but we came away with three points, and a clean sheet against a much improved Rotherham United.

Some talking points:-

Kalvin Phillips was roasted on social media for his performance.

Was he off par?

Cooper made two glaring errors, one of which almost led to a Rotherham goal.

Thoughts?

Height - Leeds were second best in the headering department on Saturday.

Agree?

What changes would you make to the starting line up tomorrow at Swansea?

Is this a game you'd expect to win?

Most of you will remember Peter Ridsdale's famous goldfish!

For those of you that are either too young or the majority that have simply blocked it out of your minds pretending it was a bad dream, Ridsdale used to rent a fish tank for the Leeds Utd board room costing the club £50 a week; well, up until recently Sunderland were spending £1,000-a-month to rotate plastic pot plants around the various rooms at the Stadium of Light.

Thoughts?

Finally, Norwich City have painted their away dressing room pink to lower opponents’ testosterone!!!

Dr Andrew Bayliss, senior psychology lecturer at the UEA says although the pink effect would be small, it could be enough to tip results in marginal games.

Dr Bayliss said it would be a player’s emotional memory of a colour that would make the difference, warning that the tactic could actually work against Norwich.

He said: “If they have played a team with a pink changing room in the past and smashed them then the victorious feeling could be triggered, which might improve their game.”
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 20 Aug)

Post by Norm »

I don't care what else Kalvin did but that pass to Kemar which led to his goal was good quality so he's still doing something right. I didn't see the whole game but I think we ended up the stronger team.

Some Leeds "fans" ought to be horsewhipped for their constant 'boo-boy' comments.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

There were some head scratchingingly bad passes in the first half that did give Rov a chance or two but it was a bad half at the office, happens and he redeemed himself second half. No need for the twitter morons to pile on. But that's what Twitter morons do
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

I was at the game and yes Phillips put a couple of passes astray and Cooper played a dodgy back pass, but are our fans seriously berating them, if those fans are sitting back waiting for 100% accuracy in everything we do they are seriously deluded.I watch alot of football and I see passes going astray all over the place in many games no matter what division, the fact is that although we weren't as good as in the first 2 games we were still so much better than 70% of last season.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Finally, Norwich City have painted their away dressing room pink to lower opponents’ testosterone!!!

Dr Andrew Bayliss, senior psychology lecturer at the UEA says although the pink effect would be small, it could be enough to tip results in marginal games.

Dr Bayliss said it would be a player’s emotional memory of a colour that would make the difference, warning that the tactic could actually work against Norwich.

He said: “If they have played a team with a pink changing room in the past and smashed them then the victorious feeling could be triggerd, which might improve their game.”
Do the EFL have rules on such things?
It's very pre-LGBT and maybe should be frowned upon. It's not homophobic but rather designed to make straight guys uncomfortable. Amidst all the LGBT stuff don't straight guys have rights too. I wonder how Norwich would feel if a couple of small cans of black paint were to be smuggled in and the walls defaced.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:06 am Some talking points:-
Kalvin Phillips was roasted on social media for his performance.
Was he off par?
Cooper made two glaring errors, one of which almost led to a Rotherham goal.
Thoughts?
Good morning Matt

So those on Twitter/Facebook were at the game then :shock: Phillips missed an interception & made a couple of poor passes in what was otherwise yet another splendid performance from KP.
Cooper only made one glaring error, but apart from that he looked assured
Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:06 am Height - Leeds were second best in the headering department on Saturday.
Agree?
Rotherham were noticeably a much taller side than our lads but tbh they didn't make their height pay, in fact I can't recall any headed chances for the Millers
Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:06 am What changes would you make to the starting line up tomorrow at Swansea?
None
Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:06 am Is this a game you'd expect to win?
Yes
Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:06 am Finally, Norwich City have painted their away dressing room pink to lower opponents’ testosterone!!!
He said: “If they have played a team with a pink changing room in the past and smashed them then the victorious feeling could be triggered, which might improve their game.”
What a load of nonsense
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

Good morning Matt,

Some humans are unable to go through day to day life without negativity, it is a psychological condition, typically associated with a deep seated personal unhappiness and discontentment in life as a whole. Unfortunately social media has given these individuals a far reaching platform in which to vent their negativity. As a sports personality you will obviously scour the media and social platforms to glean feedback and tit bits about your standing and performance in the public eye. Sadly negative lambasting will effect your mental psyche, and thus your self confidence and ultimately your performance. For me, Kalvin Phillips epitomises what the majority of sensible Leeds United supporters seek in a player wearing the white shirt. In my eyes as a young adult, he carries him self with personal and professional dignity, integrity at all times. His hunger and willingness to keep on learning under the guidance of an experienced, competent coach in Bielsa can only improve him further. I can only shake my head when I hear impetuous comments about him not being good enough to wear the shirt and childish comments about his hairstyle.

Coops - Another target for the boo boys, most of my above comments relate to him too. For goodness sake let us get behind the team and build their confidence.

Height - I have trust in the Bielsa and the board to know what they are doing.

Swansea - A young team, new manager, still trying to find their groove, who without the instability of their club ownership, could well be challenging for a top 6 finish. I believe that we are playing them at the right time, as they will no doubt at some stage in the season rise to their potential, (bar the club selling more talent).

I was under the impression that Ridsdale's fish tanks, (one in the board room, and one in his office), equated to GBP200 per year.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Norm wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:04 am Do the EFL have rules on such things?
It's very pre-LGBT and maybe should be frowned upon. It's not homophobic but rather designed to make straight guys uncomfortable. Amidst all the LGBT stuff don't straight guys have rights too. I wonder how Norwich would feel if a couple of small cans of black paint were to be smuggled in and the walls defaced.
To be honest my first thought is we could do the same, not so much paint the walls pink as stock mini fridges with Stella and leave a few ready made spliffs around....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

maybe have Emma pop in an hour before kick off...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

..with a friend or two....
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

s**t I've gone too far again ......
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

faaip wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:35 am To be honest my first thought is we could do the same, not so much paint the walls pink as stock mini fridges with Stella and leave a few ready made spliffs around....
I know you find it lazy ;-) but Like :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

No, I want a like button....I'm always happy to get a like
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

faaip wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:39 am No, I want a like button....I'm always happy to get a like
Agree ;-) :lol:
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Most of you will remember Peter Ridsdale's famous goldfish!

For those of you that are either too young or the majority that have simply blocked it out of your minds pretending it was a bad dream, Ridsdale used to rent a fish tank for the Leeds Utd board room costing the club £50 a week; well, up until recently Sunderland were spending £1,000-a-month to rotate plastic pot plants around the various rooms at the Stadium of Light.

Thoughts?
That will really piss off some of their players who in the past were at least able to honestly state 'well at least I'm more mobile than those plastic pot plants'.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Norm wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:22 am I don't care what else Kalvin did but that pass to Kemar which led to his goal was good quality so he's still doing something right. I didn't see the whole game but I think we ended up the stronger team.

Some Leeds "fans" ought to be horsewhipped for their constant 'boo-boy' comments.
Morning Norm, he did indeed.

If they could be donkey whipped, we've got a smiley for that...

:flog:
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:36 am There were some head scratchingingly bad passes in the first half that did give Rov a chance or two but it was a bad half at the office, happens and he redeemed himself second half. No need for the twitter morons to pile on. But that's what Twitter morons do
Morning faaip, I think its a social media problem, not just twitter. Leeds fans do seem to be quite unforgiving...
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

60sUnited wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:43 am I was at the game and yes Phillips put a couple of passes astray and Cooper played a dodgy back pass, but are our fans seriously berating them, if those fans are sitting back waiting for 100% accuracy in everything we do they are seriously deluded.I watch alot of football and I see passes going astray all over the place in many games no matter what division, the fact is that although we weren't as good as in the first 2 games we were still so much better than 70% of last season.
Morning 60's, I did notice for the first time Bielsa got off his bucket to yell something at the players. Obviously our form dipped a little on Saturday. Do changes need to be made for tomorrow in your opinion?
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Norm wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:04 am Do the EFL have rules on such things?
The EFL don't have any rules on this but there is in the States.

The pink technique was used for years in college football in America and was believed to be so effective that the governing body banned the tactic.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:09 am Good morning Matt

So those on Twitter/Facebook were at the game then :shock: Phillips missed an interception & made a couple of poor passes in what was otherwise yet another splendid performance from KP.
Cooper only made one glaring error, but apart from that he looked assured

Rotherham were noticeably a much taller side than our lads but tbh they didn't make their height pay, in fact I can't recall any headed chances for the Millers

None

Yes

What a load of nonsense
Morning Leon, would we have been able to beat Derby had we played at the level we did on Saturday?