Bielsa's press conference pre-Rotherham

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Bielsa's press conference pre-Rotherham

Post by 1964white »

Bielsa on Rotherham: "Their style is different. It's not the same as the first two opponents. Regarding their style, they play long balls to the strikers and they don't play with balls on the ground. This is the main difference but it doesn't mean it's going to be like that."

Bielsa on Rotherham game and Leeds being favourites to win it: "If you say that we are favourites you think we are superior or our opponent is inferior. These things are never decided before the game. It's better to demonstrate than to say

Bielsa says he thinks it will be the same starting line-up (as Derby/Stoke games) on Saturday.

No more news on transfers. "As I said last time, there is a possibility that we could get one player or maybe two

Bielsa with a lot of good things to say about Phillips. Admits he'd be difficult to replace at the moment (Vieira would have been the obvious pick) but thinks Klich, Forshaw and Shaughnessy can all play there. Called Forshaw a complete midfielder.

Bielsa says he's toned down training since the season started - shorter sessions, less intensity now that Leeds are playing regularly. Wasn't tempted to make any changes this weekend. The performance against Derby deserved an unchanged line-up. #lufc

Bielsa on O'Kane/Ekuban/Anita futures: "When a player has a history as a footballer player, one way to respect them is to keep them inside the team if they have the possibility to play in another position. But if we have one position with three players, it's difficult."

Bielsa said he watched highlights of them last season and "listened to the opinion of the club" about them. Said it would have been "counter-productive" to involve players who had little chance of playing.

Bielsa says it's different with young players - he can have Shackleton/Edmondson etc on the fringes as 'third players' but not experienced pros like Anita/O'Kane etc. "Of course I can make mistake." Says that with Dallas injured, it would have been better to have Anita involved..

Bielsa: "I'm not saying the players who are not involved in the project are not good players. I just had to make choices and I gave my opinion.

Bielsa says he doesn't know if O'Kane, Ekuban, Anita will definitely leave before the end of the window.

Bielsa says he won't use his conections with Guardiola or Pochettino to land loan players before the window ends. It would be wrong to use a personal relationship for a professional reason. You don't have to manipulate these decisions

Bielsa talking more about the Roofe/Bamford decision. Says those are the positions you change most and you need options there.

You're supposing we are superior and the opponent is inferior. It's better to demonstrate it than say it." Bielsa sees no risk of complacency on Saturday as Leeds attempt to make it nine points from nine against Rotherham: