Ben Stokes....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Ben Stokes....

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Ben Stokes....

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Didn't sound good for him this week, was fairly sure he was going to be found guilty.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Fine lines, and a good brief...
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I remember seeing the footage at the time of his arrest and, having saw it again on the news at lunchtime, I'm struggling to understand how he has been acquitted. Looks to be the aggressor, and clearly knocks at least one guy out. Claims he was defending two gay friends, which any decent person would do, but he's the only one I can see throwing punches. Weird one :duno:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Absolutely astounded by this. The CCTV pictures were so damning, he was swinging hay-makers like a lunatic yet he gets found not guilty !
Had this been an ordinary member of the public there is not a cat in hells chance of an acquittal. One rule for one.........
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

It is more about what the term affray relates to as it is very peculiar. It is all about if others, i.e. those not involved in the fisticuffs, felt unsafe. To a large degree all the stuff about him being drunk, throwing punches, knocking someone out out is irrelevant to the charge. The whole case never really made much sense, in my opinion, as you would have though that either party involved would have been better off suing for assault or if the Crown Prosecution Service was making the charge then why weren't any witnesses brought forward to say they felt scared.

It basically seemed to boil down to 2 (or 3) people having a fight and neither of them was simply an innocent victim - i.e both were happy to fight and no one else was in danger. It is more a case that Stokes shouldn't have got himself involved but it wasn't the case that he simply beat up someone minding their own business.
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Money talks