The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 13th Aug)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 13th Aug)

Post by The Subhuman »

You'd have to define left handed..I can bat well enough left handed, Bowl ok, When I played football I was considered left footed and I can do my job with either hand...but I've never tried to write left handed.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:47 pm You'd have to define left handed..I can bat well enough left handed, Bowl ok, When I played football I was considered left footed and I can do my job with either hand...but I've never tried to write left handed.
Ambidextrous people tend to be more in tune with their physical abilities than their mental ones. It may be for this reason that they tend to perform more poorly on general intelligence tests than people who favor one hand. In a Finnish study, seven- and eight-year-old children completed several different academic tests. 87 out of the 8000 participants were comfortable using both hands. The ambidextrous students were 90 percent more likely than the right-handed ones to struggle with math problems and were also more likely to have difficulties with language.

Ambidexterity tends to give people a major advantage in activities such as music, art, and sports. Leonardo da Vinci, Ben Franklin, and Albert Einstein are some of history’s most famous ambis. (Franklin signed the Declaration of Independence with his left hand!) Maroon 5 frontrunner Adam Levine, while not totally ambidextrous, writes with his left hand but does most other things with his right. Figure skater Michelle Kwan and LeBron James are just two of the many athletes skilled at using both hands.
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:39 pm Happy left handed day Everyone. :hi5:

Anybody else left handed?
I am :fwa:
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

I do some things with my left hand only , bat and bowl in cricket , and hold a racquet with my left hand for example . ( And I kick a football with my left foot ) But I write with my right hand and play snooker with my right hand only . And some things I can and do use either hand : hold a saw , screwdriver etc .
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

BPF played fine. The ball he missed was doing some awfully strange things in the air. But even if we stipulate that he should have made the play, he did very well after that. It would have been very easy for a GK in that sort of hostile environment to lose his composure, but BPF got tough. Good for him. We should reward that sort of grit.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Evening all
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Mrs64 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:02 pmI am :fwa:
:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: