Bailey Peacock-Farrell

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Re: Bailey Peacock-Farrell

Post by danhirons »

Thought he was OK apart from the howler for the goal but mistakes like that will cost us points so if there's anymore I hope Blackman comes in. We can't have a repeat of Wiedwald last season.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Would expect Blackman to start in the cup, regardless of the mistake. It is then up to him to impress. In some regards our early results last season disguised FW's shortcomings and as you say there is the danger of a repeat. Still not sure about BPF.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Disagree entirely :lol:

Don't think he's been hyped up to the extent that Byram/Cook etc were, but thas clearly been backed by a couple of coaches now.

The freekick was hit incredibly sweetly. Commentator pointed out that it was the same technique as Ronaldo uses, which generates a lot of power and produces very unpredictable movement in the air.

I would have like to have seen a top keeper come in, but I'd rather be developing BPF now than Blackman.

Blackman will be in goal for the cup I suspect.
DUBLEEDS
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by DUBLEEDS »

BPF at fault, imo. However, let's give him some time. Felix was allowed to make too many mistakes last year before being dropped, so hope we do not have a repeat of that but don't expect it though,
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

It seems every season we have to have a boo boy and now it's Bailey's turn. It was a disappointing goal, but the swerve on the ball makes it harder for goalkeepers to read. Otherwise, I thought he did well. I don't think Blackman is better than him.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I've no problem with BPF in goal, as I said in the matchday commentary a lot of good keepers would have struggled with that. Lets not forget Butland a senior England keeper screwed up last week, it happens. Weidwald made simpler errors and would never collect cleanly. Plus it got to him.

He's young and probably the best we've got but he's still learning (as is Blackman) ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Charity Shield 69
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Charity Shield 69 »

Was BPF that heavily hyped prior to getting a run of games late last season?
Thought he has played well, although not flawlessly, this season. Other than the goal and a patch of errant kicking he contributed well to the win over DCFC.
Then again, there was a degree of errant kicking out of defence by our outfield players, at times.

Cheers,
CS69
Cheers,
CS69
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Charity Shield 69 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:28 pm Was BPF that heavily hyped prior to getting a run of games late last season?
Thought he has played well, although not flawlessly, this season. Other than the goal and a patch of errant kicking he contributed well to the win over DCFC.
Then again, there was a degree of errant kicking out of defence by our outfield players, at times.

Cheers,
CS69
No, I remember calling Heck out for picking him as he couldn't even get a start for York in NL football (I'd have gone back to Weidwald, when Lonners got injured) and I was ready to post lots of negative posts. He impressed that day and he's shown enough since that day to give him a chance. Now he just needs coaching up, all the basics are there
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:18 pm I've no problem with BPF in goal, as I said in the matchday commentary a lot of good keepers would have struggled with that. Lets not forget Butland a senior England keeper screwed up last week, it happens. Weidwald made simpler errors and would never collect cleanly. Plus it got to him.

He's young and probably the best we've got but he's still learning (as is Blackman) ...
Keepers make errors, Green did but showed his mental strength to go on and have a good season and was up there for player of the year for us, David DeGea made a huge error in the world cup. FW got to the point where people were criticising him and any goal was his fault regardless of whether it was fair - that said I think he'd have saved the free kick yesterday but certainly not caught it but probably sort of parried it back into play.

We certainly need to refrain from getting on any player's back - it is highly unlikely to make them play better. If the player isn't good enough then it is up to the manager to decide if the other options are better. If Blackman is better I have no problem with him starting over one of our own because if it was the case that Blackman is better then really what would be the point of playing BPF as surely the aim is to get promoted and at that point we'd have to be looking at buying a better keeper.

Will be interesting to see how Blackman does on Tuesday, if selected, as he should be up to full fitness now and will have been training with us for a few weeks so should know how he is expected to play in terms of ball playing.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

When I saw the free kick I said straight away to Mr Swan that the ball did something weird in mid flight.......Bailey is a young lad still learning his trade and he will improve with experience, however not at the expense of us losing points. I'm happy to stick with the lad at the moment, hopefully we will see that improvement with each game, minus any major blunders.....
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Best game of the season so far from Bailey, still learning but that final save was top draw for me and mostly ignored by everyone ....His coming to catch improves weekly too
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Still seems rooted to his line and his distribution isnt good enough imo.

Done a decent job but we really should have signed a better gk in the Summer imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Yes, shot stopping was good today but ball at feet was a disaster in general. He'll get better still very young
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:56 pm Still seems rooted to his line and his distribution isnt good enough imo.

Done a decent job but we really should have signed a better gk in the Summer imo.
agree , does not command his box. need better imo.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Thought he had a great game yesterday tbf, saves kept us in it. Didn't notice him being rooted to his line though I wasn't really looking for it. Happy with him in goal right now personally, wasn't at the start of the season, but he's looking a real prospect the more her plays
pembswhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by pembswhite »

Cjay wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:56 pm Still seems rooted to his line and his distribution isnt good enough imo.

Totally agree - you would be hard pressed to say he is a "commanding gk"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I know he is young but its time he was dropped.

Aside from flapping at the cross he costs us goals.

WBA
Goal 1 vs Swansea
Goal 1 vs Birmingham
Derby

And thats being kind because there are others he probably should have done better with.

He has no presence and his shot stopping is mediocre at best.

Even vs WBA he parried into the middle of the goal which is a schoolboy error and Rodriguezs shot sailed over his head because he was to far off his line.

Positional sense is poor, shot stopping is questionable and he is rooted to his line.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Cjay wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:39 pm I know he is young but its time he was dropped.

WBA
Goal 1 vs Swansea
Goal 1 vs Birmingham
Derby

And thats being kind because there are others he probably should have done better with.
I

Even vs WBA he parried into the middle of the goal which is a schoolboy error and Rodriguezs shot sailed over his head because he was to far off his line.

Positional sense is poor, shot stopping is questionable and he is rooted to his line.
Speaking with my brother Friday night (bits I can remember :-D ) we both agreed that BPF needed a top game yesterday to save him from been dropped so...... we both also thought that he doesn’t command the box well but perhaps this is more down to our two loud commanding Centre Halves and they are calling the shots, in which case they need to be told to shut up
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
pembswhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by pembswhite »

Cjay wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:39 pm I know he is young but its time he was dropped.

WBA
Goal 1 vs Swansea
Goal 1 vs Birmingham
Derby

Totally agree otherwise it will cost us more points - we would have lost yesterday no matter who was in goal. One of the few balls in the box he did come for yesterday he almost missed it completely . When comes to corners he appears timid and rooted to the goal line. Needs a break for his own sake and the team's.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

pembswhite wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:14 pm Totally agree otherwise it will cost us more points - we would have lost yesterday no matter who was in goal.
Would disagree about us losing no matter who was in net because the second goal was crucial (especially as we fell apart after that). We have got back in to many games this season after going 1-0 down but when we have gone 2-0 down we have lost both times (Birmingham and yesterday). Yes we played poorly and deserved to lose but a keeper can be the difference in getting you points when you played poorly (Robert Green being a prime example in recent times as he had a great second half of the season and in several games we took points due to him keeping the opposition out and Chris Wood nicking a goal).