Bailey Peacock-Farrell

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Bailey Peacock-Farrell

Post by Dalton »

I dont think the posts here are doom and gloom just being realistic.
The fact is.the GK is the lynchpin of the side. 1 GK and 10 outfield.
We already know BPF doesn't install the best confidence in the defence by their own admission. Vocal, staying on his line and fielding long shots.

So, is it time for a change? I think so.

I wish we had spent Bamfords money on a keeper
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Dalton wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:23 am I dont think the posts here are doom and gloom just being realistic.
The fact is.the GK is the lynchpin of the side. 1 GK and 10 outfield.
We already know BPF doesn't install the best confidence in the defence by their own admission. Vocal, staying on his line and fielding long shots.

So, is it time for a change? I think so.

I wish we had spent Bamfords money on a keeper
course its not all doom and gloom . win, draw or lose there will always be debatable topics with different opinions, highs and lows its the nature of the game most probably why we all love this sport so much . be pretty boring if you won every week eh !

for me its not a negativity its just pure frustration.
bitd i have hitchhiked, travelled by train, coach, car ,air and would have f**king swam the channel to watch my beloved team . i am 55 going on 80 and not getting any younger . its been 15 years and counting since we have been in the top flight and it gets very frustrating our skintflint owner hasnt gone that extra mile which i think we really need to be genuinely top two contenders.
i also fear if we don't get promoted this year we will lose jansson and other key players all because the clubs lack of ambition.
end of discussion !
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Agreed good Sir. It looks like the Bristol game is shaping up to be a full house.
I am sure a lot of us will be there as well.
If we win, the lack of leg room i will have experienced will be worth it!
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Dalton wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:20 pm Agreed good Sir. It looks like the Bristol game is shaping up to be a full house.
I am sure a lot of us will be there as well.
If we win, the lack of leg room i will have experienced will be worth it!
indeed it will be.
i am up by train and in the west stand with me lad. so ill be on my very best behaviour :)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

leic white 63 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:57 pm we invested in some real quality in 89/90 ! the miser should follow suit .
The big difference then though was that there wasn't such a gulf in wages and as such a 2nd flight team could attract top flight players, additionally the transfer fees for top flight players weren't as vastly inflated as they are now. Additionally in 89/90 we only got promoted on the last day of the season so with one different result we could have not been promoted and possibly then found ourselves in financial trouble. An example would be Wolverhampton, who around the same time spent a lot of money and also had an England international striker, Steve Bull, and consistently failed to get promoted.
I would have liked to have seen AR splash more cash, especially after some of the things he said prior to the transfer window, but I can understand his reluctance to over commit.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

weasel wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:48 pm The big difference then though was that there wasn't such a gulf in wages and as such a 2nd flight team could attract top flight players, additionally the transfer fees for top flight players weren't as vastly inflated as they are now. Additionally in 89/90 we only got promoted on the last day of the season so with one different result we could have not been promoted and possibly then found ourselves in financial trouble. An example would be Wolverhampton, who around the same time spent a lot of money and also had an England international striker, Steve Bull, and consistently failed to get promoted.
I would have liked to have seen AR splash more cash, especially after some of the things he said prior to the transfer window, but I can understand his reluctance to over commit.
so whats the answer we continue to fester in this league ? my opinion if he isn't going to commit himself then he should sell up to someone who can actually take us to the next level. 15 years and counting !
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

and whilst we on about investments where as this 10 million gone from the 49ers ..... anyone ?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:35 pm and whilst we on about investments where has this 10 million gone from the 49ers ..... anyone ?
God knows mate, I doubt it will be spent in the January Transfer Window if that's any help :lol:
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:45 pm God knows mate, I doubt it will be spent in the January Transfer Window if that's any help :lol:
like ive said mate our radz is all smoke screens and mirrors.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:03 pm like ive said mate our radz is all smoke screens and mirrors.
£3m net was chicken feed in the summer

The loanees are a sheer waste of space, they can't even make the first team when we have players injured or are out of form :roll:
Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @kevingaff

Post by Eireleeds1 »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:25 pm £3m net was chicken feed in the summer

The loanees are a sheer waste of space, they can't even make the first team when we have players injured or are out of form :roll:
Wnen have loanees ever worked out for us. Its a cheap method of building a squad thats all. Fans wet themselves then if they hear they are from City or Chelsea even if theyve never played a competitive game for those clubs
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Eireleeds1 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:52 pm Wnen have loanees ever worked out for us. Its a cheap method of building a squad thats all. Fans wet themselves then if they hear they are from City or Chelsea even if theyve never played a competitive game for those clubs
I rather have Lewie Coyle & Paudie O'Connor back in our squad, they'd be much more useful to us right now than our loanee's & the majority of our U23's who are not ready for championship football yet
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

leic white 63 wrote:
and whilst we on about investments where as this 10 million gone from the 49ers ..... anyone ?
Accusing our owner of impropriety isn't going to be helpful.

There was a thread on here a few months ago that said he's still paying off debts accumulated under previous owners, and I can quite believe it.
Cellino spent a fair bit trying to get this club solvent again, but after all the shenanigans from Bates and GFH we probably still need help.

We have yet another owner who can't really splash the cash, but his saving grace is that at least he's trying to be honorable about getting the club on an even keel. I agree it's a shame that we didn't attract a billionaire but c'est la vie.

I'm disappointed about the lack of serious investment too but I'm not going to accuse Radz of being a thief.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

apart from coyle the club will also be faced with the burden and cost paying off the rest of the sack of s**t we have loaned out. some on 4 yrs contracts :shock:
another complete waste of money because cant see any fucker buying any of em.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Norm wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:34 am Accusing our owner of impropriety isn't going to be helpful.

There was a thread on here a few months ago that said he's still paying off debts accumulated under previous owners, and I can quite believe it.
Cellino spent a fair bit trying to get this club solvent again, but after all the shenanigans from Bates and GFH we probably still need help.

We have yet another owner who can't really splash the cash, but his saving grace is that at least he's trying to be honorable about getting the club on an even keel. I agree it's a shame that we didn't attract a billionaire but c'est la vie.

I'm disappointed about the lack of serious investment too but I'm not going to accuse Radz of being a thief.
not accusing anyone being a thief just the clubs lack of ambition and false promises.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

leic white 63 wrote: ↑

not accusing anyone being a thief just the clubs lack of ambition and false promises.
Quite right - you weren't :tup:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Not even in the squad this evening for Northern Ireland v Austria. Hope he's not injured.....
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

IF he isnt says a lot about him that a goalie who has only looked ok in League 2 or Scotland and a guy playing in the Scottish Championship are picked ahead of him.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:07 pm IF he isnt says a lot about him that a goalie who has only looked ok in League 2 or Scotland and a guy playing in the Scottish Championship are picked ahead of him.
On current form BPF doesn't deserve to be in a international squad
Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:07 pm IF he isnt says a lot about him that a goalie who has only looked ok in League 2 or Scotland and a guy playing in the Scottish Championship are picked ahead of him.
Some people add 2 and 2 together and get 5!!!!! It’s obvious Leeds have asked Northern Ireland not to play him in case he gets injured and they have been good enough to protect him for us