Derby County versus Leeds United Official match day thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Derby County versus Leeds United Official match day thread

Post by The Subhuman »

And of course TC was complete junk too, if we're gonna slag off Heck lets not forget the awful job TC did to leave him in the s**t to start with
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

But agreed if MB keeps this up he's going to be a target...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:26 pm Didn't see the game as away, but having just read through all the posts sounds as if was another terrific performance :tup: :)

:moggy:
You missed a treat Cat
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:36 pm I said all last season that these players were more than good enough and we just needed a top manager to go alongside them.

I'm worried a PL club will throw money at him when a manager is inevitably sacked in a few games.
As did Faaip too !

I really didn't think it could be this good

I'm still on seventh heaven this morning

A couple of Man U fans stopped me whilst out shopping to say how impressed they with Leeds, one of them described our performances as scary !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Durly wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:36 am Two sublime performances on the bounce.......I'm still pinching myself!
Me too Durly, still buzzing this morning

Leeds fans deserve to feel happy after all the crap we've endured

Bielsa is our saviour :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:21 pm And of course TC was complete junk too, if we're gonna slag off Heck lets not forget the awful job TC did to leave him in the s**t to start with
Agree mate both 2nd rate coaches

Bielsa is different class
Charity Shield 69
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Charity Shield 69 »

Plenty to like about the team so far - some exhilarating play at times, an ability to prise open the defences of decent opposition and generally an air of quiet confidence that the players in the team know what they are doing individually and collectively.
Definitely it’s been helpful to get first half goals and create scoreboard pressure as well as to respond quickly after conceding - good signs I’d say.

If I was nitpicking I could find plenty of errors in decision making & execution across the team but these errors have barely been costly due to the team moving together and being upbeat & on the front foot thereby making things happen.
Klich definitely appears a class player, an ingredient we barely had last season.

Hoping to see Leeds continuing to look like a team in control.

Cheers,
CS69
Cheers,
CS69
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Very happy :)

Klich- cant praise him enough, just a calming, towering, skillful player that our midfield hasnt had for many years.
Roofe- He is proving many of us wrong (credit to those who saw it) but he is adding a goal threat to his already intelligent play, hope it continues
Saiz- He has found the form that he had early doors last season, brilliant again today.
Alioski-A workaholic who has shown intelligence with his movement and skill with another great cross.

Could name them all, they all did so well.

BPF at fault for the goal, but wont get to upset.

So impressed with how organised we are, the pressing is brilliant and everyone knows there roles, its reall refreshing to see such an organised team.

Far to early to get to excited, Bielsa is famous for starting well and burning out, just hope we have enough depth and enough luck this season with injuries and such.

But nobody expected us to tear two of the promotion favourites apart in the manner that we have, now we can rest a bit for the next game in the cup vs Bolton and hopefully we will be comfortably good enough to beat Rotherham.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:52 pm But nobody expected us to tear two of the promotion favourites apart in the manner that we have, now we can rest a bit for the next game in the cup vs Bolton and hopefully we will be comfortably good enough to beat Rotherham.
Will be very interesting to see how we do v Rotherham because we are usually poor in the matches where we are expected to win comfortably - very rare we do what we did to Burton last season.

Always tricky to judge early season form too as last season when we beat Forest and Sunderland they were both regarded as amongst the promotion favourites at the time - for all Stoke and Derby are well fancied either, or both, of them could have a poor season and be fighting relegation - Stoke especially, like Sunderland last year, have got a lot of players that have gotten used to losing matches and that can be a hard habit to get out of.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:51 pm Will be very interesting to see how we do v Rotherham because we are usually poor in the matches where we are expected to win comfortably - very rare we do what we did to Burton last season
I remember Revie's side putting 5 past Man U & then 7 against Southampton in our next home mate. Coventry came to ER & we all expected another goals bonanza, Big Jack scored after ten minutes & we thought he we go again, not the case as 1-0 was the final score in a very dull affair
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Now then who is the Rotherham manager?

Generally tells the story of the outcome!
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Didn't catch the game Saturday (I was at the Test match so don't feel too sorry!). Great reading all the positive comments in what seemed like another tremendous team performance. Amazing what a change of manager can do for players, just hope we can maintain this style of play for the duration of a season but we do still have decent players to come in who are no doubt chomping at the bit to get involved.