Jack Harrison

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Jack Harrison

Post by 1964white »

Jack Harrison has created more chances (76) than any other Leeds player in the Championship this season, and is the sixth-most creative player in the division. He has also registered the most league assists (7) for Leeds in 2019/20

Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 19.59.32.png
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It was there to see last season...one of the reasons I wanted him back when most didn't ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:47 pm It was there to see last season...one of the reasons I wanted him back when most didn't ....
Have to admit I had my doubts about Harrison however the improvement in Jack's play this season has given me the opinion he is the best winger in the championship
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jack Harrison vs. Aston Villa:

80.6% pass accuracy
61 touches
29/26 successful passes
18/22 successful final third passes
9 touches in the box
5 chances created Fire
5 crosses
3 ball recoveries
2 shots
2 successful take-ons
2 tackles won
1 shot on-target

Absolutely magnificent. :fire:

Screenshot 2020-10-24 at 07.44.13.png
Screenshot 2020-10-24 at 07.44.13.png (340.91 KiB) Viewed 1850 times
1964white

Post by 1964white »

How good was Jack last night?

Massive improvement on his Wolves display

Apart from his glory moment when he should have laid the ball off to anyone of his four colleagues standing completely unmarked in the box Jack had a super game running Matty Cash ragged
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Excellent performance from Jack. Looked pissed off at being subbed in the Wolves game, maybe went out feeling he had a point to prove. A lot is made of his crossing being poor at times, and undoubtedly he hits a few duff balls, but I do feel he suffers from a lack of movement from our attacking players. Too many wait for the ball coming to them instead of attacking it. Chris Wood isn't mobile enough for this team, but he'd have a field day off Jack's crosses.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Came across a funny comment elsewhere. Harrison is flush, he had Cash in his pocket all night.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:50 am How good was Jack last night?

Apart from his glory moment when he should have laid the ball off to anyone of his four colleagues standing completely unmarked in the box Jack had a super game running Matty Cash ragged
Almost seems one good game one bad game. Great performance yesterday. Best left-winger on the field. More of this please.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

One from Facebook

Jack Harrison is the richest man in Yorkshire...

He’s got pockets full of Cash :lol:
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Isn't he at his best when we play open attacking sides like us, and at his weakest when playing teams that sit deep like Wolves ? Having said that all wingers must like space to run into.
Allrounder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Allrounder »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:50 am How good was Jack last night?

I know where you are coming from, but against Wolves he was playing against one of the best right backs in the World; Nelson Semedo. Semedo has tremendous match awareness and very quick too so it wasn't easy to get pass him.

Coming back to Harrison, he was outstanding against Villa and we should enjoy his performances, and if he countinues like this City will take him back to put preassure on Silva and Mahrez.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Allrounder wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:21 am I know where you are coming from, but against Wolves he was playing against one of the best right backs in the World; Nelson Semedo. Semedo has tremendous match awareness and very quick too so it wasn't easy to get pass him.

Coming back to Harrison, he was outstanding against Villa and we should enjoy his performances, and if he countinues like this City will take him back to put preassure on Silva and Mahrez.
I don't believe they can. It's an obligation to buy, even if we go down. Like with Costa.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

And again v Wolves he was coming off a 3 plus week break having not played v City and then not playing an international..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I admire his effort, i admire his first touch.

But how much longer are we going to have to put up with his end product?

Its not good enough and i doubt it ever will be.

Seems a nice lad and dont doubt his commitment but the quality isnt there imo.

That one fantastic goal aside vs Liverpool he hasnt done enough for me this season.

Try him at full back maybe? But as a winger he doesnt offer enough consistently enough (same as the last 2 or 3 years).

Dont want to single him out but its been the same since he arrived.

Costa is similar, to hot or cold.

Love to see Poveda and Raph given a chance.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Allrounder wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:21 am I know where you are coming from, but against Wolves he was playing against one of the best right backs in the World; Nelson Semedo. Semedo has tremendous match awareness and very quick too so it wasn't easy to get pass him.

i really wouldn't worry about city wanting him back for their squad :lol:
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:22 pm I admire his effort, i admire his first touch.

But how much longer are we going to have to put up with his end product?

Its not good enough and i doubt it ever will be.

Seems a nice lad and dont doubt his commitment but the quality isnt there imo.

That one fantastic goal aside vs Liverpool he hasnt done enough for me this season.

Try him at full back maybe? But as a winger he doesnt offer enough consistently enough (same as the last 2 or 3 years).

Dont want to single him out but its been the same since he arrived.

Costa is similar, to hot or cold.

Love to see Poveda and Raph given a chance.
I just can't understand why Harrison has to be a mainstay - he simply hasn't done anything like enough to justify this. He never gets injured either, so he always seems to start every game, and has done for nearly 2 seasons. He scores very few goals as well - he's not likely to score more than 4 or 5 in a season. He doesn't seem to have the technical ability to be a decent winger - crossing the ball effectively requires a degree of natural ability. His shooting is poor too,

It really is time now to ditch some of the mainstay players who are at best championship standard - starting with Harrison and Cooper. Can't Harrison be sent back to City in January, or do we have to keep him for the term of the loan ? I'm glad we didn't buy him.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

I think he's better than Costa and Poveda still. Poveda has shown some really nice cameos but is still not quite starter material and needs to show some end product himself. Raphinha has to start but I still think Harrison is better than the other two. He's also shown his versatility to move central at times, and he may even end up a wing back in the long term (where he played one game for the U-23's)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:46 pm I just can't understand why Harrison has to be a mainstay - he simply hasn't done anything like enough to justify this. He never gets injured either, so he always seems to start every game, and has done for nearly 2 seasons. He scores very few goals as well - he's not likely to score more than 4 or 5 in a season. He doesn't seem to have the technical ability to be a decent winger - crossing the ball effectively requires a degree of natural ability. His shooting is poor too,

It really is time now to ditch some of the mainstay players who are at best championship standard - starting with Harrison and Cooper. Can't Harrison be sent back to City in January, or do we have to keep him for the term of the loan ? I'm glad we didn't buy him.
Jack is so inconsistent

To think both championship wingers are keeping a Spanish international out of the picture
hector

Post by hector »

He seems to have regressed this season so far.... Maybe because he is playing against better opposition...