Jack Harrison

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Jack Harrison

Post by The Subhuman »

My worry with Harrison was less the talent but the time it would take him to adjust to proper football, which he is doing (probably quicker than expected under MB) but he's still a ways away. (Still too much head down not looking for the outlet) and I'm worried we won't see the benefit. I don't think he's been a big part of the reason we are where we are. Alioski would have done as well or even Shack/Clarke given the same game time.

We're just progressing him for MC to either sell him for a bundle to someone else or loan back into this division next...To us they'll over charge for him
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Comfortably his best game yesterday and Bamford missed a couple of chances too.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I'm really going off the idea of loans. Unless it's to cover an injury crisis, we seem to be better off developing our own players.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jack can head back to Manchester as soon as possible for me

Had the ball in 30 yards of space so often yesterday.....can't pass, can't cross, can't beat a man apart from himself

Easy to see why Citeh offloaded him to us last summer

On your bike Jack
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Nothing personal against him as he seems like a nice young chap, but I don't rate him at this level of football never mind PL.

Why Citeh would pay him 51k per week I don't know? Shows how crazy modern footy is.

He's a waste of a player every time he plays and why someone like Shack, Bogusz, Stevens, Edmondson, anyone in the Under-23s can't get a game ahead of him, can only be explained by Bielsa?

If these guys can win aginst all the other teams in the top 5 they can surely beat 10 man Wigan, but apparently not :roll:

But as we know MB will stick with Harrison and co, even though we have other young kids that could swing a match for us.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Waste of space, end of.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Said at the start of the season that it made no sense for us. I disagree a bit as he does have talent, (clever runs, good movement, quick feet, will be box dangerous in the future) but he grew up playing football in a half paced plastic league. He was no way Championship ready. I said it would take him 2-3 seasons to adapt and I still believe that. Man City are paying for measurables and potential, they can afford to.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

If we stay down and they said 2 mill and you can keep him, I would
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Harrison has some talent but as Faaip said he grew up in an inferior league.

He may become good enough but probably not for another 2 or 3 years.

Find it odd we went for Harrison when Celina was for sale (he actually cost money).

In every way Dan James is better then Harrison, less bad touches, more dribbles, more assists, better passing accuracy.

How we contrived to not get Bielsa a better winger then Harrison for 2 windowns is staggering.

Jack could have had a part to play as a sub, nothing more.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:13 am Jack can head back to Manchester as soon as possible for me

Had the ball in 30 yards of space so often yesterday.....can't pass, can't cross, can't beat a man apart from himself

Easy to see why Citeh offloaded him to us last summer

On your bike Jack
Agreed, I posted on the match thread criticising his delivery, yesterday was atrocious. Phil Hay posted some stats saying we had 59 crosses in the game and not one of them led to a goal.
God knows what he does in training but it’s not replicated on the pitch.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:35 pm Agreed, I posted on the match thread criticising his delivery, yesterday was atrocious. Phil Hay posted some stats saying we had 59 crosses in the game and not one of them led to a goal.
God knows what he does in training but it’s not replicated on the pitch.
too busy combing his hair
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Would have been better keeping Pedrosza or Alfonso what ever his name was. Apparently not good enough here but good enough for la liga. 10 million a snip👍
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jack returns

Screenshot 2019-07-01 at 12.59.10.png
Screenshot 2019-07-01 at 12.59.10.png (259.01 KiB) Viewed 3973 times
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Bielsa and the club have shown tremendous faith in him. Time for him to start repaying it.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Jack will prove us all wrong this season, we will buy him at the end of the season and he will go on to have many good years at Leeds United. He will become captain material. ( I do hope so)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Be an issue if he proves me wrong...I'd have been wrong
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

I am actually glad to see him back. I was a critic of his last season and bemoaned his constant inclusion on the team sheet at times but it was his first full season actually playing in the championship and I would have hated for us to have prepped him only for another championship team to bear the fruits this season. I think he will come good. Not sure where this leaves Alioski assuming douglas comes back in.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Alio's best position is on the right..
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

WhiteRose wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:42 pm Not sure where this leaves Alioski assuming douglas comes back in.
It leaves us with options. :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Where would it leave Pablo if Costa comes in