Barry Douglas

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Barry Douglas

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:03 pm And for all the times I argue with you on here, never once would I have expected any less, a credit to the club.
We’ll make you up a “I love Radz” T-shirt with his face on it, to wear to the match, when we lift the trophy ;-)
Sounds good to me Dezzy :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Douglas may have lost the ball in the build up to the penalty, but no player made more passes (30) or ball recoveries (4) than him in the second half. He also made the second-most touches (behind Pablo) after half-time (54) and supplied the assist for Ayling's goal.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Leeds United
📰 | #LUFC defender Barry Douglas sidelined for two to three months after rupturing medial ligament in his knee
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Looks like we get Alioski at LB RoS...Big shame we lose Douglas right when we need him..Though he looked god last couple of games
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

faaip wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:47 am Looks like we get Alioski at LB RoS...Big shame we lose Douglas right when we need him..Though he looked god last couple of games

He has, been a big part in goals too.

We've got cover but it's a shame we cant turn to him for the remaining 7 games.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

At least we have Berardi back and whilst not ideal he can play left back if needed.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:38 am Leeds United
📰 | #LUFC defender Barry Douglas sidelined for two to three months after rupturing medial ligament in his knee
Had a feeling that Douglas would be out for at least the Brum match as he was really struggling in the last ten minutes after taking a knock down near the West Stand touchline
hector

Post by hector »

I once ruptured my medial ligament whilst on a training exercise.... jeez how it hurt, and I was out for about 3 months with it, and was very tentative afterwards for a couple of months (luckily they sent me down the Falklands to work in the communication centre there for 5 months the barstewards )
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Unbelievable the amount of injuries this squad has taken and to still be in the position we are in. Fatigue is always a worry at the back end of a long season, but nearl all our players have had long lay offs, so maybe that will count in our favor over the next 7 games, hard luck on Douglas, warrior for carrying on and finishing the Gabe with such a bad injury, you would think if we go up he’ll be staying in the championship again next season, just hasn’t worked out for him sadly
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

With Roofe on his way back we very nearly had a clean bill of health.
Alioski has done well at LB and Beradi can play there so this injury doesn't worry as much as an injury to Pablo or Pontus would.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I don't trust Alio at left back...love him on the ball going forward but I hold my breath whenever he has to defend. Which he does poorly for me, good enough when he;s a winger supporting a FB but poor positioning and very suspect tackle tech. worries me.

Not unexpected he's not a FB, Wing backs work best when you have a strong back centre three or what happened v Millwall happens again.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Losing Douglas is a huge blow. He showed on Saturday flashes of what he could do for us once his sharpness returned.

Players with high experience is what we need now and we will miss him.

I was looking forward to him getting back into synch set piece wise too.

Ali is a dodgy defender at the best of times, and with Coop showing the jitters of late losing Douglas is the last thing we need.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Its a shame to have another injury.

Not overly fussed that Douglas wont be available though.

Showed his use with the assist for Ayling.

But showed why Wolves sold him later by losing the ball and more importantly not giving 100% to get back in position (he jogged) same as the other game where he was caught out.

Guy is a poor defender as Wolves fans said and has been a massive disappointment as he himself admitted.

Perfectly happy for Ali to remain at full back as we look a better side and Ali is caught out of position less (although admittedly he was for the 1st vs Millwall.)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Agree with Cjay in that one thing you can say for Alio is that he is Leeds through and through and puts in 100% every game no matter what the boo boys say
I am sure he has won so many over with effort at first, adapting to WB, then assists and now a few goals
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Douglas worries me.

Vs Bristol City the only times they looked threatening was down our left when Doiglas had gone walkies.

He had gone walkies when they scored.

Forest have pace with Adomah and Cash down the right, if Douglas plays like he did vs Bristol City then that is where we will have issues.

Wouldn't mind so much but in open play he offered no threat either attacking wise, far far to slow imo for playing in an MB side as a full back, needs to be a wing back for a back 3 like at Wolves. Did ok there because he had more players to cover for him imo.

Do wonder how many performances like Bristol City Douglas will get away with before Ali or Davis.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

My concern too CJay as I posted on the match thread & other topics over the last week

For a full-back to go totally missing plus not block one cross into the box suggests he is a weak link right now, better teams will exploit us down the left flank. Ali wasn't all that clever when he came on. Davis was our most assured player in that position for the few minutes he was on the pitch, at least young Lief made a couple of tackles & interceptions
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

When we're defending attacks from the wings we should essentially have 3 defending centrally with the 2 CBs and DMF (Phillips), so that crosses are easier to defend against.

I'm yet to be convinced by Douglas, but you don't get in the team of the season having been carried by tour teammates... Ali comes across as a better option as he has more pace and 'energy', but I don't think he's great defensively either.

Would be difficult to chuck Davies in, but he got minutes last week, so I'd expect a start at Salford.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Yes, Douglas worries me but there were times last season where our entire defence went missing..

But there are players who adapt well to the current system and there are those who dont...
The problem with playing Douglas with 3CBs just shifts the my worry from him onto the 3 CBs, we did it last week late on when Bristol brought on a second striker and it all looked a bit tricky...

I really want Douglas to succeed at Leeds but he is looking like our weakest link currently.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Better game today
gessa

Post by gessa »

Definitely