The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 20 July)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 20 July)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds Utd youth had a chance to shine last night at Bootham Crescent; unfortunately non league York City had other idea's.

The game ended in statemate one apiece which left many Leeds fans dreading the worst come 5th August.

Which players from last night were first team material?

Where was Tyler Roberts?

What were your thoughs on Lewis Baker and Yosuke Ideguchi

What do we think Bielsa has learned from these two friendlies?

If Radrazani, owner of the prestigous Eleven Sports network (and others) is such a media magnate, how come he can't deliver a decent stream for LUTV?

The coverage, especially in the second half was woeful!

Thoughts?

There is a strong rumour circulating that our next signing is likely to be Citeh central defender Tosin Adarabioyo.

The 6ft - 5 20 yo has been part of the Blue side of Manchester since he was five.

The deal is likely to be a season long loan.

Stoke are about to sign Uddersfield's Tom Ince for a reported 10m.

Thoughts?

It has been reported in the press today that Abel Hernandez is holding out for 100k a week!

Thats 5m a year...

Back to Vyrda eh?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 20 July)

Post by HarryofOz »

Hi EB

Fun thing for me every morning when I wake up, is to log onto to NewsNow to read about the next player that we are on the verge of signing.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Not sure many from last night will be firat team regulars.

Roberts looking like a longer ter injury than expected, ridiculous to aign him when we did.

Watched 10 minutes last night, couldn't put up with Lutv a moment longer, not as though it's a new problem.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Even putting the teams together that have played the two friendlies we look woefully short up front and at the back which is a recipe for disaster, can't score or keep the opposition out don't matter what you have in MF it's going to be a tough season. We look to potentially have a very soft underbelly, even worse than last season, we need some physical presence as mentioned elsewhere.

Tyler Roberts situation is baffling, however did the guy pass a medical. Must confess to not following all the pre-season gossip that closely but what I did see early on was positive about him being back in full training and raring to go - also not seen anything to the contrary? If he's not fit does that leave us with Roofe as our one senior striker?

Which leads in to Hernandez. If the total package is £100k a week - £5m'ish a year - we have him 3 years that's £15m all in, as a stand alone that doesn't seem too bad as in if he has a decent first year we probably have a player on our hands who has a market value of £10-£12m. All that assumes that the £100k a week covers signing on fee and all extras. There is also the knock on effect with other big names such as Pontus and their expectations but we need to do something in the striker dept.

Bit worried about the threadbare nature of the squad in defence and attack - surely the board must see the problems :duno:
Last edited by NorfolkWhite on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

p.s. - watched 5 minutes of the game on a stream last night, it was dreadful but I assumed it was the feed. If that was as it was shown on LUTV it was embarrassing.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:33 am Hi EB

Fun thing for me every morning when I wake up, is to log onto to NewsNow to read about the next player that we are on the verge of signing.
Morning Harry, you're not the only one.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

gessa wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:48 am Not sure many from last night will be firat team regulars.

Roberts looking like a longer ter injury than expected, ridiculous to aign him when we did.

Watched 10 minutes last night, couldn't put up with Lutv a moment longer, not as though it's a new problem.
Morning Gessa, well said pal
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

The only players who I was half impressed with last night were Klich (probably our MoTM) and Baker. The Japanese lad did ok, in patches, but was moved to the right wing in second half where he looked totally lost. The game was a very poor standard but I am praying it was the cobwebs of pre-season still being blown off.

Moving on from the match itself, LUTV was an utter shambles last night. People such as myself have paid £15.00 to watch the pre-season games yet it was then shown free to air on the official app for non subscribers too - and the actual pictures were just pathetic, often freezing, then going back a few minutes, then jumping forward again.

To think Radz is a media expert with Eleven Sports being streamed worldwide, I am at a loss how he hasnt managed to sort this out yet. I honestly thought after a year of him being around, LUTV would be one of the best in house productions but its actually getting worse !!!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We played 2 defenders and 7 centre mids last night, MB just getting a look at players so the score was about as important as my decision to eat cereal for breakfast

Diaz looks close to stepping up
Klich looks quality, maybe defensively suspect but he's an attacking mid anyway
Baker got better as the game went on.
De Bock was assured
And very impressed by Dalby.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Think if Roofe played it's 2 or 3 -1, Without having seen Roberts he's easily the best striker at the club right now.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:05 am Even putting the teams together that have played the two friendlies we look woefully short up front and at the back which is a recipe for disaster, can't score or keep the opposition out don't matter what you have in MF it's going to be a tough season. We look to potentially have a very soft underbelly, even worse than last season, we need some physical presence as mentioned elsewhere.

Tyler Roberts situation is baffling, however did the guy pass a medical. Must confess to not following all the pre-season gossip that closely but what I did see early on was positive about him being back in full training and raring to go - also not seen anything to the contrary? If he's not fit does that leave us with Roofe as our one senior striker?

Which leads in to Hernandez. If the total package is £100k a week - £5m'ish a year - we have him 3 years that's £15m all in, as a stand alone that doesn't seem too bad as in if he has a decent first year we probably have a player on our hands who has a market value of £10-£12m. All that assumes that the £100k a week covers signing on fee and all extras. There is also the knock on effect with other big names such as Pontus and their expectations but we need to do something in the striker dept.

Bit worried about the threadbare nature of the squad in defence and attack - surely the board must see the problems :duno:
Morning Norfolk, Roberts returned to pre season training the same time as the others. I don't actually know if he has reinjured himself. Abel Hernandez is no Ronaldo though. Rumour has it, he was on 35k a week at Hull. What entitles him to a 200% pay increase?
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:54 am Morning Norfolk, Roberts returned to pre season training the same time as the others. I don't actually know if he has reinjured himself. Abel Hernandez is no Ronaldo though. Rumour has it, he was on 35k a week at Hull. What entitles him to a 200% pay increase?
I'm guessing rolled up in that £100k a week is a big chunk of signing on fee as he's on a free and probably has a market value of c. £10m. Just means he's going to get it and not the club he was at....Back of a fag packet maths but If Vydra is £11m and it was rumoured we'd offered him £30k a week that's c. £15.5m over say 3 years with a much bigger chunk up front - not saying it's value or right for us, but just that it's the sort of deal the club said they were looking at.....I suspect we aren't anywhere near either really :lol:
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Gurj wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:10 am The only players who I was half impressed with last night were Klich (probably our MoTM) and Baker. The Japanese lad did ok, in patches, but was moved to the right wing in second half where he looked totally lost. The game was a very poor standard but I am praying it was the cobwebs of pre-season still being blown off.

Moving on from the match itself, LUTV was an utter shambles last night. People such as myself have paid £15.00 to watch the pre-season games yet it was then shown free to air on the official app for non subscribers too - and the actual pictures were just pathetic, often freezing, then going back a few minutes, then jumping forward again.

To think Radz is a media expert with Eleven Sports being streamed worldwide, I am at a loss how he hasnt managed to sort this out yet. I honestly thought after a year of him being around, LUTV would be one of the best in house productions but its actually getting worse !!!
Morning Gurj, I though Klich did alright too, but we seem to have quite a few midfielders that are just alright.

Well said about LUTV pal
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:29 am We played 2 defenders and 7 centre mids last night, MB just getting a look at players so the score was about as important as my decision to eat cereal for breakfast

Diaz looks close to stepping up
Klich looks quality, maybe defensively suspect but he's an attacking mid anyway
Baker got better as the game went on.
De Bock was assured
And very impressed by Dalby.
Morning Faaip, you can't beat marmite on toast for Breakfast...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Not concerned about the result last night (or Tuesday) as friendly results are fairly meaningless. If even 1 player from last night has done enough to impress Bielsa then it has been a good result for the club. If several players have confirmed to Bielsa that they aren't good enough then equally that is a good result for Bielsa as he will know exactly what is still required signings wise. It may be that a mishmash of the 2 line ups with PJ thrown in too isn't too bad.

They may simply be giving Tyler Roberts a bit longer to ensure he doesn't have a setback and is 100% recovered, don't forget he took part in a training session for us after he signed so was obviously fit enough to some degree but certainly better to not rush him.

Bielsa will have learned a lot from these two friendlies. As I said earlier even if he can simply cross some players off his first team squad then it is very useful. These friendlies are probably of a better standard than the U23 matches in terms of the opposition wanting to win rather than just back up players keeping themselves fit during the season and not playing at 100%.

The only defence for AR regarding the poor quality stream is that as it was an away match then the quality of stream etc could have all boiled down to how good York's capabilities are. That said though you would have expected AR to have been able to check out how good it was likely to be and have offered his expertise with it being streamed to Leeds fans. A poor show and they really need to get it improved.

Tom Ince has continually flattered to deceive and never really delivered bar the occasional good match.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

ellandback, post: 11948438, member: 1007027 wrote:Good Morning Everyone
Leeds Utd youth had a chance to shine last night at Bootham Crescent; unfortunately non league York City had other idea's.
The game ended in statemate one apiece which left many Leeds fans dreading the worst come 5th August.
Which players from last night were first team material?
Good morning Matt & All
None on that showing although Vieira & Baker will be in Bielsa's first team plans
ellandback, post: 11948438, member: 1007027 wrote: Where was Tyler Roberts?
Crocked
ellandback, post: 11948438, member: 1007027 wrote: What were your thoughts on Lewis Baker and Yosuke Ideguchi
Baker looks like a footballer. Ideguchi looked like a little boy lost, a rabbit caught in headlights
ellandback, post: 11948438, member: 1007027 wrote:
ellandback, post: 11948438, member: 1007027 wrote: What do we think Bielsa has learned from these two friendlies?
Probably realises he requires a better squad
ellandback, post: 11948438, member: 1007027 wrote: If Radrazani, owner of the prestigous Eleven Sports network (and others) is such a media magnate, how come he can't deliver a decent stream for LUTV?
The coverage, especially in the second half was woeful!
Because he does everything on the cheap, many fans at the game last night think he is taking the proverbial p*ss out of us loyal fans, they are not happy !
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

It has just been revealed that Jozefzoon used Leeds Utd to get a better deal from Derby.

Jozefzoon's agent phoned Leeds to say an offer was on the table from Derby, but he would much rather go to Leeds.

Orta and Co jumped all over it, and stated negotiations with Brentford.

A few hours later, Derby offered better terms to Jozefzoon and a medical was booked.

His agent tells Leeds, his client chose the Rams as they had offered a 4 year deal as apposed to three that Leeds wanted to offer.

It has now been disclosed that Derby signed him on a three year deal.

Leeds have been used. I feel so violated.......
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jozefzoon thing doesnt make our recruitment team look any less incompetent, shows that there is no real plan, reactive not proactive.

Klich did well, Vieira did ok in a back 3 at times, like to see more of Clarke, the only player who ran at the York backline.

How anyone at Leeds can look at that defence and think "we dont need 2 cbs" I'll never know.

Bielsa will have learned that we have a ridiculously low quality squad.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

weasel wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:24 am Not concerned about the result last night (or Tuesday) as friendly results are fairly meaningless. If even 1 player from last night has done enough to impress Bielsa then it has been a good result for the club. If several players have confirmed to Bielsa that they aren't good enough then equally that is a good result for Bielsa as he will know exactly what is still required signings wise. It may be that a mishmash of the 2 line ups with PJ thrown in too isn't too bad.

They may simply be giving Tyler Roberts a bit longer to ensure he doesn't have a setback and is 100% recovered, don't forget he took part in a training session for us after he signed so was obviously fit enough to some degree but certainly better to not rush him.

Bielsa will have learned a lot from these two friendlies. As I said earlier even if he can simply cross some players off his first team squad then it is very useful. These friendlies are probably of a better standard than the U23 matches in terms of the opposition wanting to win rather than just back up players keeping themselves fit during the season and not playing at 100%.

The only defence for AR regarding the poor quality stream is that as it was an away match then the quality of stream etc could have all boiled down to how good York's capabilities are. That said though you would have expected AR to have been able to check out how good it was likely to be and have offered his expertise with it being streamed to Leeds fans. A poor show and they really need to get it improved.

Tom Ince has continually flattered to deceive and never really delivered bar the occasional good match.
Afternoon Weasel, the fitness of our players has definitely improved, and only time will tell whether Bielsa can get what he needs out of them.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:34 am Good morning Matt & All
None on that showing although Vieira & Baker will be in Bielsa's first team plans

Crocked

Baker looks like a footballer. Ideguchi looked like a little boy lost, a rabbit caught in headlights

Probably realises he requires a better squad

Because he does everything on the cheap, many fans at the game last night think he is taking the proverbial p*ss out of us loyal fans, they are not happy !
Afternoon Leon, What about Klich?

Do you think Bielsa will be disappointing by what the players have delivered over the last two games?