The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 20 July)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 20 July)

Post by Gurj »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:44 am Morning Gurj, I though Klich did alright too, but we seem to have quite a few midfielders that are just alright.

Well said about LUTV pal
Hi mate, very true, they are all much of a muchness in that central midfield, oh for a Gary Mac or Olivier Dacourt again !
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Gurj wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:47 am Hi mate, very true, they are all much of a muchness in that central midfield, oh for a Gary Mac or Olivier Dacourt again !
Or both...
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Bloody Villa taken over by a guy worth £5.2 billion with significant and immediate investment to be undertaken :-(

Why does this never happen to us, we end up with paupers such as GFH and co - even Radz is proving to be a disappointment !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Gurj wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:30 pm Bloody Villa taken over by a guy worth £5.2 billion with significant and immediate investment to be undertaken :-(

Why does this never happen to us, we end up with paupers such as GFH and co - even Radz is proving to be a disappointment !
Its more depressing then that.

The other guy is worth about £2billion as well.

The hope with Radz was he would bring some of his mates in (some of whom dwarf 7billion).

Unfortunately it looks like we have another unwilling to invest whats needed :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Just totally sick of LUFC always being on poverty street these days and before anyone starts, no I am not advocating spending like Ridsdale did but I just want us to be able to compete with other clubs in this shitty league after all these bloody years !! No matter who we get in as owner/chairman, we seem to hit the same issues year after year.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:37 am Afternoon Leon, What about Klich?

Do you think Bielsa will be disappointing by what the players have delivered over the last two games?
Klich is not a CB that's for sure. He made some nice runs out of the defence then promptly gave the ball away with a sloppy pass at least four times, he also made a few clumsy challenges giving free-kicks away in dangerous areas.

I think Bielsa will be happy with how many chances we created down at Forest Green but he'll be concerned we are not clinical enough in front of goal
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Afternoon all...

I assume Leeds “claimed” Abdel would cost £100k a week, of course they are factoring in a £3m signing on fee, that alone equates to £20k a week. I agree he isn’t worth the wages he is asking but you can find evidence everywhere that he turned down an off of £55k a week to remain at Hull, does anyone believe Leeds really thought they could get him for less?

In 2016 Aston Villa bid £20m for this guy, the bid was accepted but the deal fell through due to Abdel and his agents excessive demands, rumoured to be that he was asking £80k a week. Now come on, why did Leeds United even waste 5 minutes negotiating with this guy, we NEVER had a chance of tempting him, Abdel and Vydra were season ticket sales boosts, just a pr stunt.