Even the sharks.....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Even the sharks.....

Post by 1964white »

love St Ives :love:

May have one of them on my plate next time we're down there :lol:

Our apartment overlooks the harbour where the shark was spotted

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 51556.html
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Even the sharks.....

Post by The Subhuman »

Enjoy...with the ill cat/s this will be year 6 without a holiday.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:17 am love St Ives :love:

I thought you were gonna say that the footballing sharks were after one of our players :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:30 pm Enjoy...with the ill cat/s this will be year 6 without a holiday.
Sorry to hear that your cat's aren't well faaip.....
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

One has now passed, last year, Lewis needs 3 pills a day to keep him healthy, two for his thyroid and one for his heart. Plus we're in a constant battle to keep his weight up. No one else would be able to do this so no holidays.

Thanks for your concern
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:45 pm One has now passed, last year, Lewis needs 3 pills a day to keep him healthy, two for his thyroid and one for his heart. Plus we're in a constant battle to keep his weight up. No one else would be able to do this so no holidays.

Thanks for your concern
faaip - how on earth do you get your cat to take three pills a day ?
I struggle get one worming pill down our cat's (the real Muppet the Cat) neck once every so many months......and we've tried the trying to hide it in food etc trick :moggy:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

When Seven was alive she needed three and he needed 2 (all different amounts and the heart pill came later after a small stroke), could't use their food as no guarantee who or if it would get eaten. So we cooked chicken breast and used a chicken wrapped pill bomb to get it down them. She was fussy and on occasions would need a pill giver which isn't pleasant. He eats almost anything meat or dairy so it's fairly easy in cheese or chicken. It's keeping track that's tricky, Heart pill in the morning with a 15 thyroid tablet then 12 hours later a 10 thyroid tablet. Once a month a 10 day liver supplement adds a fourth tablet.

She just made 19, he's about to make 20 early next month.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:45 pm One has now passed, last year, Lewis needs 3 pills a day to keep him healthy, two for his thyroid and one for his heart. Plus we're in a constant battle to keep his weight up. No one else would be able to do this so no holidays.

Thanks for your concern
Pets are a massive commitment, unfortunately at times we have to make sacrifices, we've done the same in the past

Hopefully one day you are in a position to take a holiday Faaip
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:42 pm faaip - how on earth do you get your cat to take three pills a day ?
I struggle get one worming pill down our cat's (the real Muppet the Cat) neck once every so many months......and we've tried the trying to hide it in food etc trick :moggy:
An absolute nightmare Cat

Casper objects to the dab behind the neck. I have to pin him down holding his front legs firmly whilst Jill administers the frontline :moggy:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:24 pm When Seven was alive she needed three and he needed 2 (all different amounts and the heart pill came later after a small stroke), could't use their food as no guarantee who or if it would get eaten. So we cooked chicken breast and used a chicken wrapped pill bomb to get it down them. She was fussy and on occasions would need a pill giver which isn't pleasant. He eats almost anything meat or dairy so it's fairly easy in cheese or chicken. It's keeping track that's tricky, Heart pill in the morning with a 15 thyroid tablet then 12 hours later a 10 thyroid tablet. Once a month a 10 day liver supplement adds a fourth tablet.

Good age mate

Felix was 17yo & Heidi 19yo when we lost them, that's a big chunk of our lives
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Lewis just had this months flea treatment about 10 minutes ago.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

1964white wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:17 am love St Ives :love:

Wish it was a 9foot lemon sole
I'd be after the bugger.
Love me fish.
Divvnt care for cats mind
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Love all cats but this is my favourite

Wouldn't mind a Maine Coon next
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:24 pm When Seven was alive she needed three and he needed 2 (all different amounts and the heart pill came later after a small stroke), could't use their food as no guarantee who or if it would get eaten. So we cooked chicken breast and used a chicken wrapped pill bomb to get it down them. She was fussy and on occasions would need a pill giver which isn't pleasant. He eats almost anything meat or dairy so it's fairly easy in cheese or chicken. It's keeping track that's tricky, Heart pill in the morning with a 15 thyroid tablet then 12 hours later a 10 thyroid tablet. Once a month a 10 day liver supplement adds a fourth tablet.

Wow, those are great ages faaip .

Growing up we always had dogs (English Setters) and the family never had a cat. We now have Muppet and had one before. In both cases they just seemingly appeared at the back door and never left. We don't know where they came from and whether they were lost, abandoned, wild ?? (we took both to a vet to be checked for a chip (in both cases none) and given the once over etc).

Muppet has the life of Riley and rules the house. Sometimes I wish I had her life :moggy: