The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 18th July)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 18th July)

Post by Cjay »

Its an incrediblly weak squad and line up.

Dallas- he did ok, but in no way can he be our left back next season, hed get torn a new one by any half decent championship winger.

Berardi/Cooper- No height between them, theyd get bullied and then they would lose there heads and get sent off or make a mistake, 2cbs needed.

Phillips-Did ok but he had so much time, he wouldn't get that in the Championship, even against Forest Green his passing stats wernt that good i saw on twitter, he played the Pirlo role, greatest will in the world that will never be him.

Roofe- Nothing new learned, he worked hard and showed great intelligence and movement, but his finishing wasnt good enough, he isnt clinical enough to be the main striker.

Saiz and Alioski- Did nothing of any real.note between them (and im an Ali fan) but we cant drop them because we havent anyone to replace them. Add to that there both also midgets.

Bielsa can not turn that squad into playoff contenders, even with Blackman and Baker he still cant imo.

There to small, to technically average, to one dimensional as players.

Ali and Saiz aside i cant see any of those above ever being key players for a Promotion chasing side.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:16 am Harsh to blame Roofe for all of those. Poor ball from Ayling contributed to the second miss. First miss down to lack of game sharpness plus most forwards would have missed that. Lovely movement to lose his marker for the headed chance, 50/50 he should have done better. Even the commentator said it should have been headed back, a goal shot not really on

Now the good,

Clinical passing.
Calm cool for the pass to Ayling, I've seen those short passes screwed up so many times ...not least multiple times by England in the WC
High skill flick pass late for Alioski I think
Clever movement
Harried keeper into kicking into touch twice
Closed down well when not on the ball
Got into positions to score all night
Scored
Assisted
Should have had a pen
Set other players up for good positions subsequently squandered
Afternoon Faaip, I'd agree with most of that. Couldn't believe we didn't get a pen...
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:30 am Its an incrediblly weak squad and line up.

Dallas- he did ok, but in no way can he be our left back next season, hed get torn a new one by any half decent championship winger.

Berardi/Cooper- No height between them, theyd get bullied and then they would lose there heads and get sent off or make a mistake, 2cbs needed.

Phillips-Did ok but he had so much time, he wouldn't get that in the Championship, even against Forest Green his passing stats wernt that good i saw on twitter, he played the Pirlo role, greatest will in the world that will never be him.

Roofe- Nothing new learned, he worked hard and showed great intelligence and movement, but his finishing wasnt good enough, he isnt clinical enough to be the main striker.

Saiz and Alioski- Did nothing of any real.note between them (and im an Ali fan) but we cant drop them because we havent anyone to replace them. Add to that there both also midgets.

Bielsa can not turn that squad into playoff contenders, even with Blackman and Baker he still cant imo.

There to small, to technically average, to one dimensional as players.

Ali and Saiz aside i cant see any of those above ever being key players for a Promotion chasing side.
Afternoon Cjay, I was a little confused by the line up. He put out our strongest team of last season. There was no Baker, Blackman, Ideguchi, Roberts, Klitch or any development players. I wonder if he is making a point?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:44 am I wonder if he is making a point?
If he is making a point already, walkies time is imminent :(
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The point is two different teams for Tuesday and Thursday...there's no sub-text here folks. He's actually showing great intelligence already. I'm highly impressed and I was one of the doubters (the only one?)
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

No, I'm still a doubter, not with regard to his credentials but if it can work in the Championship.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Of course there's that, no guarantee anything works in the championship but the 3313 wasn't forced on us, that may come later (though I agree if the top 3 includes wingers that looks far too weak in CMF to ever work in the championship, personally I think it's a pair of inside forwards who drop back into mid when we don't have the ball, think I've seen them called inverted wingers somewhere) and he starts with a 4231 which is basically last season...

My guess is he has a lot of player input, he does nothing rashly so it'll get done in his time. He also looked long and hard at this team/squad before signing on the dotted line and probably saw things in players with greater clarity then any of us can/could and then he decided he wanted to work with us. It was quite a coo tbf even with the reservations.

All we can do now is trust the process and wait and see. Those of us that wanted 5 players at 5-10 mill each and add another 10m on the wage bill are probably going to be disappointed.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:44 am Afternoon Cjay, I was a little confused by the line up. He put out our strongest team of last season. There was no Baker, Blackman, Ideguchi, Roberts, Klitch or any development players. I wonder if he is making a point?
Afternoon Ell.

Probably just giving them a chance, see how they do, how they cope with his ideas and what he has told them.

Doubt he was overly impressed, we could and should have won by 5 or 6, but we didn't.

If he was looking for who really impressed him, Forshaw and Ayling? Bout it.

Now go to York and give Klich, Ideguchi, Clarke, Edmondson, Blackman, Baker etc a chance see how they do.

If they do better then will they move up in the pecking order?

More excited to see the York game tbh given how it seems he will play a totally different line up.

Excited to see how the unknown lot do.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:49 am If he is making a point already, walkies time is imminent :(
:shock: :shock: :shock: