The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 10th July)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 10th July)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds have hit a snag regarding the Vyrda deal.

The 26 year old has not been able to agree personal terms with Leeds.

Leeds offer of £30,000 per week has been snubbed by the Czech International, and there is no immidate sign that Radrizzani is going to up his offer. (Vydra is currently on 30k a week with the Rams).

Instead, if reports are to be believed Leeds are turning their attention to Jonathan Kodija and Jordan Hugill.

Personally, if we can land Hugill on loan, we've done very well. The 26 year old forward has not had a look in since his 10m transfer from Preston, and is looking to rebuilt his career.

A host of Championship clubs are after him, though it is believed Leeds are in pole position!

Where have we heard that before?

The goal keeping situation is not getting any better either, or is it?

The stand off continuous with Birmingham regarding Stockdale, the Blackman rumours have died down and Angus Gunn is about to sign for Southampton.

That's a strange one. Southampton already have former England keeper Fraser Forster and Alex McCarthy (as well as Stuart Taylor - remember him?)

My guess is when Gunn signs, he will be loaned out for the season or they'll get rid of Forster, either way, I think Leeds will be heavily involved!

Leeds were hoping to secure a new number one by the end of last week, but it was out of their hands - this could be why!

A week today, Leeds start their pre season campaign, and even though I expect our players to be better than last season, like so many of you, I'd like to see a couple of marquee signings.

It would have been Don Revie's 91st Birthday today.

Arguably our greatest Manager of all time has an 8ft bronze statue dedicated to his memory, but the monument is some way off.

Doesn't the Don deserve the same respect as Billy?

Would it not be better to be in a more prominant position?

Where would be a better location for the Don?

The Dugout?

Side by side with Billy?

Directly outside the East Stand?

Leave him where he is?

Somewhere else?
gessa

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 10th July)

Post by gessa »

I'm happy we're standing fast at £30 k, it is plenty for him, plus don't forget, the more the newbies get, others will want the same, a slippery slope that.

Rather Kodija than Hugill.

I'd take Alex McCarthy off Southampton's hands, good keeper. I believe Spurs want him as their number 2 though.

Any signings will be out of the blue, like last season, no one predicted any of the signings.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Morning Gessa, the latest is the Blackman deal IS ON....
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Just confirmed. BLACKMAN IS SIGNING TO LEEDS ON A ONE YEAR LOAN DEAL
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Excellent we're officially Chelsea's bitch
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

Harsh on BPF and we're giving Chelsea players more experience so they can sell them at a bigger price. Not liking this approach.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:24 am Harsh on BPF and we're giving Chelsea players more experience so they can sell them at a bigger price. Not liking this approach.
Agree, is Blackman a full international?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not keen on Hugill, decent player but no more then that, doesnt scream quality or marquee signing.

Kodjia was quality player, is he now after the injuries? Not sure.

Jamal is well thought of by Sheffield United fans, but probably no option to buy, not to keen on that again sounds like doing it on the cheap.

Happy with loans but there needs to be optipns to buy.

Starting to worry about Bielsa, could he walk?

You hope that noo course not but he did it to Lazio, naive to think it couldn't happen to us :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:26 am Agree, is Blackman a full international?
No, unless there's a chance to buy at an agreed price, then it is pointless.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:21 am Excellent we're officially Chelsea's bitch

Morning Faaip, how do you feel about that, and does it matter if we get promoted?
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:26 am Agree, is Blackman a full international?
No, only at School boy and U19 level
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

I don't mind Blackman on loan, if we do go up and he does well it's a viable purchase also if he has a bad game or so he's not undroppable for BPF - if we had Stockdale on £20k a week that's a huge block to BPF getting a game and a big waste of wages if he does get to be no1.

My only reservation with Kodja is that when he was fit I seem to recall he disappears off the the Africa Cup of Nations for a few weeks which if he is our marquee striker leaves a big gap when he does go. Hugill always looked like a bit of a lump - if we can get him fitter and sharper like we did with Wood I think he would do well.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:28 am Starting to worry about Bielsa, could he walk?
You hope that noo course not but he did it to Lazio, naive to think it couldn't happen to us :(
Lazio was a complete one off. He had agreed targets with the club, but when he got there found that there had been no conversations even started with any of the agreed targets. That is why he walked. It is plain to see that we have been talking to other clubs, and are stalling over transfer / wage demands. If clubs / players are pricing themselves out of a deal, then I am sure that Bielsa knows the constraints and finances that we are working under. TBH £11M fee and 40K pw wage is way over the top for Vydra.
Last edited by Gandalf on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Most teams below the top few use loans all of the time. It's a great way to get in a better quality player without having to pay a high transfer fee.

Personally think it's a great signing. He was good at sheff united and can challenge with BPF. Means we can save the money to spend on bringing in players elsewhere.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

We've just loaned out a number of players too - does that make them our bitch? No! It's just an agreement that helps out all parties
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Good afternoon Matt & all
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:54 am I'd take Alex McCarthy off Southampton's hands, good keeper. I believe Spurs want him as their number 2 though
Would be a decent signing mate, thing is do we make decent signings nowadays :roll:
gessa wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:54 am Any signings will be out of the blue, like last season, no one predicted any of the signings.
Is another Macedonian due :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:02 am Just confirmed. BLACKMAN IS SIGNING TO LEEDS ON A ONE YEAR LOAN DEAL
Where Matt ?

Unconfirmed as yet mate
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:28 am Starting to worry about Bielsa, could he walk?
Well we'll know who to blame if he does Cjay
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Gandalf wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:42 am Lazio was a complete one off. He had agreed targets with the club, but when he got there found that there had been no conversations even started with any of the agreed targets. That is why he walked. It is plain to see that we have been talking to other clubs, and are stalling over transfer / wage demands. If clubs / players are pricing themselves out of a deal, then I am sure that Bielsa knows the constraints and finances that we are working under. TBH £11M fee and 40K pw wage is way over the top for Vydra.
You're right.

Does seem we are at least making some sort of effort.

But Bielsa also did say "i require players in a timely manner".

He has said that wherever he has been.

Said we needed to improve 4 or 5 positions, as it is we have managed 1.

Whether he walks or not i dont know, but i don't imagine he is very impressed.
Last edited by Cjay on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom