To Panic Or Not To Panic

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: To Panic Or Not To Panic

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:40 am Not really one for conspiracy theories.

But the Bartley, Vydra, Hernandez links all came out about when the season ticket sales needed a nudge.

Slowly but surely our "interest" has dwindled as the weeks and months rolled on.

Now we have gone from Vydra and Hernandez links to Jordan Hugill loan and a move for Mbaye Diagne (who). A distinct drop in class.

We have gone from "an exciting summer" to "difficult window" and "will use the loan market".

Would the club dare feed Phil Hay nonsense information to boost sales?
why not every club does it, there's nothing new here. But if you're buying season tickets on rumours we may get a couple of top targets I have a bridge I can sell you..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Despite the negative feelings the tactics were refreshing and exciting.

Always looked forward, rarely an aimless hoof.

Good slick passing at times, Bielsa has clearly coached them well.

Compared to Hecky it was night and day.

We looked organised, fit, players were aware of there roles and responsibilities.

Can see the quality of coach Bielsa is imo, without speaking much English he has made an impact.

Give him the right players and i do think he could get us up.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think he could get us up with what's here...harder job and two years minimum but doable
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... g-14923176

Now that makes me panic!!!!!

Back 3 of

Berardi Phillips Cooper

:rave: :rave: :rave:
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:16 pm Well he probably has to print something everyday, hearsay better then nout :)

Just odd, Kinnear was on about "advanced talks" everything very advanced when Bielsa arrived.

Now we "might" make a move for Jozefzoon now someone else has :oops:

We may have been in advanced talks with several players only for Bielsa to say he didn't want any of them Jerry Mabukfo for example. Equally what does advanced talks mean - for example advanced talks with say Abel Henrnade could simply mean he has said he is willing to join us (i.e. not only going to go to a prem club) and that he would be happy to sign a 3 year deal on £40k pw. Suddenly wage demands are increased and as such advanced talks means nothing if we have already made the best offer we could.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:14 pm https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... g-14923176

Now that makes me panic!!!!!

Back 3 of

Berardi Phillips Cooper

:rave: :rave: :rave:
Before Bielsa finally put pen to paper, I read a report that he often liked to use a midfield player in his back three or sometimes a RB or LB as they are more comfortable on the ball, more willing to pass the ball out.

Guess we are going to have to trust Bielsa and his judgement for now.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think as it stands PJ would be one of the three...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Richard wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:46 pm Before Bielsa finally put pen to paper, I read a report that he often liked to use a midfield player in his back three or sometimes a RB or LB as they are more comfortable on the ball, more willing to pass the ball out.

Guess we are going to have to trust Bielsa and his judgement for now.
True i read the same.

He used Jose Chamot a full back with Poch and Walter Samuel for Argentina.

Javi Martinez a midfielder at Bilbao.

But theres a huge difference between those top class internationals and the 3 stooges.

Cooper and Berardi arent ball playing players imo anyways, Chamot and Martinez were, different class. Bielsa is famously hard headed so if he thinks they can then nobody will convince him otherwise.

Said from the start I'm concerned that we won't be able to sign the class of player required for his ideas, playing Berardi and Cooper would prove it imo, just wont work.

If Bielsa thinks that they can do a job fair enough, i dont.
Last edited by Cjay on Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:24 pm We may have been in advanced talks with several players only for Bielsa to say he didn't want any of them Jerry Mabukfo for example. Equally what does advanced talks mean - for example advanced talks with say Abel Henrnade could simply mean he has said he is willing to join us (i.e. not only going to go to a prem club) and that he would be happy to sign a 3 year deal on £40k pw. Suddenly wage demands are increased and as such advanced talks means nothing if we have already made the best offer we could.
18 days till kick off.

At some point we need to acknowledge we have been left behind in the transfer market again.

We may have been after these players, a month has gone by and we are still in need of the same positions we needed in some cases for 12months
Cb, striker,lb.
Signed

King Cjay

Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richard »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:18 pm True i read the same.

But theres a huge difference between those top class internationals and the 3 stooges.

Cooper and Berardi arent ball playing players imo anyways, Chamot and Martinez were, different class. Bielsa is famously hard headed so if he thinks they can then nobody will convince him otherwise.

Said from the start I'm concerned that we won't be able to sign the class of player required for his ideas, playing Berardi and Cooper would prove it imo, just wont work.

The board did everything they could to get Bielsa, he wouldn’t have joined us without assurances so he will either walk before the season kicks off or we’ll bring in some quality signings.

If Bielsa walks due to lack of backing then Rads time at Leeds will be up, I’m concerned as the clock is ticking.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:18 pm But theres a huge difference between those top class internationals and the 3 stooges.
:rol: :rol: :rol:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:02 pm If Bielsa walks due to lack of backing then Rads time at Leeds will be up, I’m concerned as the clock is ticking.
Yes Richard this is his last & great opportunity of moving us forward. If Bielsa walks due to lies, deceit or any lack of ambition he can take a run & jump & do one for me

Bielsa is an excellent appointment, now give him the necessary tools to play with !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:18 pm True i read the same.

We not playing top division or international football (Even if I do think this team would beat England) So the players can be the level or two down. Phillips is a very good Championship quality footballer. Cooper would walk into two thirds of the starting line ups. Beradi won't be starting once PJ is back
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:08 pm We not playing top division or international football (Even if I do think this team would beat England) So the players can be the level or two down. Phillips is a very good Championship quality footballer. Cooper would walk into two thirds of the starting line ups. Beradi won't be starting once PJ is back
Personally i use last seasons playoff teams as a measure, would Phillips or Cooper get into there 1st 11s? Not for me.

Definitely not Wolves.
Cardiff-Ahead of Joe Ralls and Aron Gunnarsson and Grujic for Cardiff in Phillips case, probably not, ahead of Bamba and Morrison, definitely not in Coopers.
Fulham- Ahead of Ream and Kalas, no 2 international cbs, Phillps certainly wont be displacing Cairney, Johansen, Norwood he'd be 4th choice at best, and thats maybe even generous given the talent they had.
Villa- Not a hope in either case, John Terry and James Chester are twice the players Cooper will ever be, Hourihane, Jedinak, Onomah, not going to choose Phillips over them.
Boro-Maybe for Phillips, not that keen on Boro's midfield last season, although Besic and Howson certainly are better then Phillips, so maybe not. Cooper, there is a reason Boro got Flint not Cooper, he would improve there defence, Cooper wouldn't, so no again for Liam imo.
Derby-Davies certainly better then Cooper, Keogh isnt my favorite player but he has plenty of awards so its unlikely Cooper gets in instead. Huddlestone, Johnson, Ledley, wouldnt pick Phillips over them imo.

For me Cooper and Phillips would be unlikely to get into any of the top 6 from last seasons starting 11, thats the level of player we should be using imo.

Others may disagree, i hope to find my optimism again at some point :duno:
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Richard wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:02 pm The board did everything they could to get Bielsa, he wouldn’t have joined us without assurances so he will either walk before the season kicks off or we’ll bring in some quality signings.

If Bielsa walks due to lack of backing then Rads time at Leeds will be up, I’m concerned as the clock is ticking.
I applaud them for Bielsa, but i just hope they dont think he is a miracle worker.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Richard wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:02 pm The board did everything they could to get Bielsa, he wouldn’t have joined us without assurances so he will either walk before the season kicks off or we’ll bring in some quality signings.

You mean the fans will do something stupid again like try to force him out because he sure as s**t ain't getting fired
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richard »

faaip wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:46 pm You mean the fans will do something stupid again like try to force him out because he sure as s**t ain't getting fired
They forced Cellino to sell up, if Rads doesn't invest in the team and Bielsa walks due to false promises Rads will have a lot of heat on him, add to this gates going through the floor he won't want to stick around.

For the record I feel he is the best owner we have had in 15+ years I'm still onside with him but my faith is starting to crumble just a little.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

The sheer lack of information worries me.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Norm wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:17 am The sheer lack of information worries me.
In life?
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

You got the 'L' right.