To Panic Or Not To Panic

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: To Panic Or Not To Panic

Post by Cjay »

Irony of (potentially) signing a player known for his set piece and crossing ability and having the shortest players known to man. :oops:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

And the irony of Leeds signing the last years championship team of the year left back who hit 14 assists and 5 goals and still complaining
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

"The 72" is reporting that the Vydra deal is back on.

Is this a legitimate site?
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

John in Louisiana wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:52 pm "The 72" is reporting that the Vydra deal is back on.

Is this a legitimate site?
They are all putting 2+2 together due to Sky Sports News... I was actually watching it live when they mentioned Vydra and Leeds, I had to rewind and listen again as I thought I’d got it wrong at first.

Basically the Sky Sports presenter was going through transfers and possibles. When they got to Derby he said Marriott fee agreed, £3m rising to a possible £5m subject to a medical, he then said Derby might not stop there, they want to bring Waghorn to the county ground but they are aware of it breaking the fair play rule so they can only proceed if the deal for Vydra to Leeds goes ahead.

Rumour out of Leeds is yes they want him, no not at the wage he is asking it won’t happen unless he lowers his demands. Rumours and pace gathering that we’ve agreed to Peterborough’s Marcus Maddison as he has a 2.5m release fee clause.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Brader wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:03 pm And the irony of Leeds signing the last years championship team of the year left back who hit 14 assists and 5 goals and still complaining
Statement of fact . . Not a complaint.

Happy with Douglas.

Much more work.needed though.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Richard wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:02 pm They are all putting 2+2 together due to Sky Sports News... I was actually watching it live when they mentioned Vydra and Leeds, I had to rewind and listen again as I thought I’d got it wrong at first.

Basically the Sky Sports presenter was going through transfers and possibles. When they got to Derby he said Marriott fee agreed, £3m rising to a possible £5m subject to a medical, he then said Derby might not stop there, they want to bring Waghorn to the county ground but they are aware of it breaking the fair play rule so they can only proceed if the deal for Vydra to Leeds goes ahead.

Rumour out of Leeds is yes they want him, no not at the wage he is asking it won’t happen unless he lowers his demands. Rumours and pace gathering that we’ve agreed to Peterborough’s Marcus Maddison as he has a 2.5m release fee clause.
Now that would make me very happy :)

Banging on about him for months and months.

Edit, Pboro Chairmen responded to the question "have Leeds put in an official offer for Marcus".

The response "not today pal no".

Either he is harking back to the offer 2 years ago that we did put in.

Or, we are the club he mentioned weeks ago that wanted to pay in installments.
Signed

King Cjay

Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:18 pm Now that would make me very happy :)

Banging on about him for months and months.

Edit, Pboro Chairmen responded to the question "have Leeds put in an official offer for Marcus".

The response "not today pal no".

Either he is harking back to the offer 2 years ago that we did put in.

Or, we are the club he mentioned weeks ago that wanted to pay in installments.
Think you might be right regarding the installments, it’s a funny statement to make else
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Richard wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:16 pm Think you might be right regarding the installments, it’s a funny statement to make else
My thinking to, very odd statement if nothing in it.

And installments is the Leeds way :)
Signed

King Cjay

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

It has been with good games played.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

We are now in single digits in terms of days till we kick off the season.

Our last pre season friendly is on Sunday.

Its looking unlikely any new players will play in it.

Given Bielsa seems highly unlikely to start any new lads even if we sign some before Stoke given his insistence on training and preparation.

Is this window another mess up?

Vydra was definitely in Leeds yesterday (although rumours of an injury have started) and Douglas was meant to be having a medical yesterday (rumours of others looking to hijack the deal).

Rumours of Foden and Tammy Abraham and Jack Harrison, lots and lots of rumours.

But nothing concrete.

Angus Kinnear and his exciting summer and then hoping we would be ready for Stoke . . . .well we wont be.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/30/do ... on-back-t/

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING :(
This is the appropriate thread for THAT
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

On the ball defender, could do well in the system tbf...Always looked a useful passer/ball carrier just a suspect defender at times
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Loan as backup, no more than that please.
Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white »

Huth from Leicester is still out there, could do a lot worse
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

but not much older ...34.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Something that seems odd to me, bit worrying even.

We wanted a winger, we got one, a very highly rated but unproven loan from Manchester City, fair enough, cheap and risk free.

But if we wanted a winger and we spoke to Manchester City.

Why didnt we go for the City winger available for 4mil who got 7 goals in 23 games including a screamer against us for Ipswich last season?

Bersant Celina seems perfect for us and is proven good in the Championship.

We seem to have spent the whole summer lining up unrealistic players like Vudra and Hernandez (months and months to find out we couldnt afford the wages for either and neither were very interested from the start, something very wrong with our recruitment for that to take months to find out).

Now we are scrambling around a bit and still not prepared to take a risk on a signing rather going for unproven or relatively cheap.

I know there maybe Bamford but even he is only £7mil compared to Vydra and Hernandez, and less proven then both.

Just feels like deja vu, cheap loans, Baker, Blackman, Harrison and a player sale that covers the one money signing we look like making.

Hope im wrong but something about our recruitment doesnt sit right.

Does it really take months to find out that not only we cant afford but in Vydra's case he wasnt interested from the start?

Would the club have such good ticket sales if they had said.

"we plan on signing 3 loans and Patrick Bamford".

Wait till the end of the permanent window to fully judge but at the moment there seems to be some truth in the theory that certain names were mentioned with no intention of really signing to boost ticket sales.

The Vydra and Hernandez transfers seemed ridiculous from the start, but to hear Vydra was never that interested anyway, why does that take months :duno:
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:10 pm Something that seems odd to me, bit worrying even.

We wanted a winger, we got one, a very highly rated but unproven loan from Manchester City, fair enough, cheap and risk free.

Why didnt we go for the City winger available for 4mil who got 7 goals in 23 games including a screamer against us for Ipswich last season?

We seem to have spent the whole summer lining up unrealistic players like Vudra and Hernandez (months and months to find out we couldnt afford the wages for either and neither were very interested from the start, something very wrong with our recruitment for that to take months to find out).

Now we are scrambling around a bit and still not prepared to take a risk on a signing rather going for unproven or relatively cheap.

I know there maybe Bamford but even he is only £7mil compared to Vydra and Hernandez, and less proven then both.

Just feels like deja vu, cheap loans, Baker, Blackman, Harrison and a player sale that covers the one money signing we look like making.

Hope im wrong but something about our recruitment doesnt sit right.

Does it really take months to find out that not only we cant afford but in Vydra's case he wasnt interested from the start?

Would the club have such good ticket sales if they had said.

"we plan on signing 3 loans and Patrick Bamford".

Wait till the end of the permanent window to fully judge but at the moment there seems to be some truth in the theory that certain names were mentioned with no intention of really signing to boost ticket sales.

The Vydra and Hernandez transfers seemed ridiculous from the start, but to hear Vydra was never that interested anyway, why does that take months :duno:
You maybe right Cjay

I've had my suspicions all summer
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:43 pm You maybe right Cjay

I've had my suspicions all summer
Its very strange.

Vydra deal.drags on for a month or so, he is in Leeds then next day its all over and Bamford deal is almost wrapped up days later.

Sky Sports say he didnt want to join a club that finished below Derby for similar cash.

100% right, why should he.

The club though can spin that.

We are speaking to City but nobody says "er, Celina did well last year, 4mil thats a bargain".

They say "Jack harrison, he might be good, wouldn't cost much would he".

Not meaning to sound unhappy with Bamford and Harrison.

Just cant help but feel there has been some stringing along and the signings still dont reflect what we were promised pre Season ticket sales.
Signed

King Cjay

Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

OR the interest was real, but they were demanding excessive wages that we weren't prepared to spend.

Vydra on £50k/w isn't worth it, even if he was top scorer last season (with the lowest total since 2009...). Hernandez has just failed a medical at CSKA Moscow and they were going to ask him to lower his wage demands anyway.

How many people buy season tickets based on signings? Agree that Kinnear's exciting summer comments seem premature now and you shouldn't go making those promises, but I don't think there was any devious intent there.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:10 pm Something that seems odd to me, bit worrying even.

Because he went to Swansea on wages we couldn’t offer.