Can we expect Leeds.......

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Can we expect Leeds.......

Post by 1964white »

to play similar to Uruguay under Bielsa ?

Every player working for each other.
Defensively very sound.
Press hard & keep their shape
Play with two excellent wing-backs. Caceres reminds me of Ayling, naturally a better player of course.
Two world class centre-backs.
One quality defensive midfielder.
Two world class strikers with one dropping back into midfield when required.

All we require now is some cloned Uruguayans :-D
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Re: Can we expect Leeds.......

Post by paddy parrott »

Wouldn't mind if we did mate though I'd much prefer if we play like the Spanish . The wonder of it all? eh!
Uruquay were terrific tonight in fairness.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I like Uruguay way better than Spain for overall effectiveness. They don't try to play Tiki-taka all the time, just when they need to, and they have proper defenders too. They combine the best bits of all the systems to make themselves effective - I think they have a good chance of winning the 2018 World Cup and, if England can't, I hope Uruguay do, although Belgium might have something to say about that. Wouldn't that be a cracking final, Belgium vs Uruguay? I don't know whether it's possible, given the way the path to the final is structured.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:21 am I like Uruguay way better than Spain for overall effectiveness. They don't try to play Tiki-taka all the time, just when they need to, and they have proper defenders too. They combine the best bits of all the systems to make themselves effective - I think they have a good chance of winning the 2018 World Cup and, if England can't, I hope Uruguay do, although Belgium might have something to say about that. Wouldn't that be a cracking final, Belgium vs Uruguay? I don't know whether it's possible, given the way the path to the final is structured.
Correct Norm the Uruguayan's play a mixture of styles. I love their two attacking full-backs & the two goals scored on the break from Cavani were sublime

Would love to see Leeds play like the South Americans :-D
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

A proper team Leon - they must have been a few years building their team - you don't get as good as they are overnight.
What a refreshing change from Spain and Brylcreem-ugal. What is it Nick says? self-licking. :rol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:18 am A proper team Leon - they must have been a few years building their team - you don't get as good as they are overnight.
What a refreshing change from Spain and Brylcreem-ugal. What is it Nick says? self-licking. :rol:
Physically Uraguay are strong something last season's Leeds squad lacked totally, hopefully Bielsa will toughen us up