The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18 June)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
User avatar
Ellandback1
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18 June)

Post by Ellandback1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:14 am

Good Morning Everyone

Here is the latest Bielsa news in a nutshell.

The 62 yo Argentine is expected to arrive at Elland Road early this week. He wasn't due to arrive until Friday.

It is believed that Bielsa will be given a 20m kitty to transform the squad.

The gaffer prefers Vydra over Hernandez.





Leeds have agreed their first signing of the Summer.

They have an agreement with Walsall (a Walsall pact if you will :roflmao: ) to sign 16 year old Joshveer Shergill.

A nominal fee of £25,000 has been agreed for the young left back.

With Pearce being promoted to first team duties, you'd imagine Shergill will go straight into the u18 / u23's.





Following Bielsa's appointment, the odds on Leeds getting promoted have drastically been cut. 9/2 is the best odds available (Betway) whilst William Hill and 188bet offer the shortest odds of 3-1.

Boro and Swansea both are also at 3/1





We shouldn't be surprised to see ourselves linked with every Argentine in South America, but one in particular holds some credence. 20 yo centre back Juan Foyth arrived at White Hart Lane last Summer from Argentinian side Estudiantes for a fee just under 12m.

He is highly thought of by Pochettino, but the youngster needs more 1st team game time.




Pick a player

Chris Fairclough

Chris Whyte

and

Robbie Blake

David Healy

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 24088
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18 June)

Post by faaip » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:25 am

Vydra would be half the kitty it seems, plus probably shatter the wage structure. Would give us Vydra, Hernandez and Siaz as no. 10's. ATM, the extension for Pablo would seem redundant then.

I would not touch that bet, we should be around twelves
"My house is gone and now it's an Ultimart, You can never go home again Oatman, but I guess you can shop there

User avatar
Ellandback1
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18 June)

Post by Ellandback1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:38 am

faaip wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:25 am
Vydra would be half the kitty it seems, plus probably shatter the wage structure. Would give us Vydra, Hernandez and Siaz as no. 10's. ATM, the extension for Pablo would seem redundant then.

I would not touch that bet, we should be around twelves
Morning Faaip, I keep hearing Abel Hernandez blows hot and cold. Perhaps Vydra would be a better option, but as you said, would set us back 10m.

User avatar
Ellandback1
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18 June)

Post by Ellandback1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:06 am

Weidwald is on his way. Looks like his contract is being terminated.

FIFA Article 17 gives the players full compensation should this be done.

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 24088
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18 June)

Post by faaip » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:14 am

Complete bust then, called that one right then. Makes a change
"My house is gone and now it's an Ultimart, You can never go home again Oatman, but I guess you can shop there

User avatar
Ellandback1
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18 June)

Post by Ellandback1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:16 am

Weghorst ook in beeld bij Leeds United
Wout Weghorst wordt niet alleen gelinkt aan Sevilla, ook Leeds United heetf de spits en aanvoerder van AZ op de korrel. Hij moet volgens Engelse media de eerste aankoop worden van de nieuwe manager Marcelo Bielsa, die vorige week werd aangesteld bij de ploeg uit het Championship. The Whites lijken daarmee op de Nederlandse toer te gaan. Bij Leeds United spelen al Vurnon Anita en Jay-Roy Grot. Leeds United, in 1992 nog landskampioen, werd vorig seizoen 13de op het tweede niveau van Engeland.
download3.jpg
download3.jpg (45.8 KiB) Viewed 5905 times

User avatar
Ellandback1
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18 June)

Post by Ellandback1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:18 am

faaip wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:14 am
Complete bust then, called that one right then. Makes a change
Df9WJh5WkAAK2RH.jpg

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 24088
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18 June)

Post by faaip » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:19 am

2Weghorst also in the picture at Leeds United
Wout Weghorst is not only linked to Seville , Leeds United also addresses the striker and captain of AZ. According to English media, he must be the first purchase of the new manager Marcelo Bielsa, who was appointed last week to the team from the Championship. The Whites thus appear to be on the Dutch tour. At Leeds United, Vurnon Anita and Jay-Roy Cave are already playing . Leeds United, national champion in 1992, was 13th last season at the second level in England."

For those of us that don't speak Dutch
"My house is gone and now it's an Ultimart, You can never go home again Oatman, but I guess you can shop there

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 24088
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18 June)

Post by faaip » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:26 am

Just went back to the Bolton thread game one where I wrote

Defence looks a little dodgy and Weidwald will have to improve.
Medine gets one back as Wiedwald goes AWOL...I've seen nothing that impresses me from him yet
Pennington has done ok, Anita looks real tidy. Gianni is a find should be dangerous all season, Wiedwald looks horrible but maybe a settling in period needed
Weidwald - 4 - Not sure yet what makes this guy a sweeper keeper.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34537&hilit=leeds+b ... d&start=40
"My house is gone and now it's an Ultimart, You can never go home again Oatman, but I guess you can shop there

User avatar
Ellandback1
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18 June)

Post by Ellandback1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:42 am

faaip wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:19 am
2Weghorst also in the picture at Leeds United
Wout Weghorst is not only linked to Seville , Leeds United also addresses the striker and captain of AZ. According to English media, he must be the first purchase of the new manager Marcelo Bielsa, who was appointed last week to the team from the Championship. The Whites thus appear to be on the Dutch tour. At Leeds United, Vurnon Anita and Jay-Roy Cave are already playing . Leeds United, national champion in 1992, was 13th last season at the second level in England."

For those of us that don't speak Dutch
Thanks for the translation pal.

User avatar
Ellandback1
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18 June)

Post by Ellandback1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:40 am

By Phil Hay

Felix Wiedwald is closing in on a return to Germany with Eintracht Frankfurt bidding to sign him from Leeds United.

Wiedwald looks set to end a torrid year in England by moving back to the Bundesliga and rejoining a club he played for earlier in his career. The 28-year-old spent two years with Frankfurt between 2013 and 2015 and is wanted by the German side to compete with new signing Frederik Ronnow after current first-choice Lukas Hradecky chose to leave at the end of his contract.

Leeds are open to approaches for Wiedwald and want to move him on just 12 months into his three-year contract. Wiedwald cost £500,000 from Werder Bremen last summer, replacing Rob Green as number one at Elland Road, but he struggled for form in the Championship and was dropped by both of United’s head coaches this term, Thomas Christiansen and Paul Heckingbottom, amid criticism of his performances.

His last appearance came in a 3-0 defeat at Middlesbrough in March, a result which saw him lose his place to 21-year-old Bailey Peacock-Farrell. Wiedwald struggled to make the bench ahead of Andy Lonergan during the closing stages of the term.

United have been targeting a new keeper since the beginning of the transfer window and are vying to sign Manchester City youngster Angus Gunn on a season-long loan. The club have also shown an interest in Birmingham City’s David Stockdale - surplus to requirements at St Andrews - but the YEP understands that Leeds and Stockdale are a distance apart on wages.

Wiedwald’s availability has alerted Frankfurt, who recently won Germany’s DBF Cup with an impressive victory over Bayern Munich. Hradecky confirmed ahead of the final that he would be quitting the club when he contract expired this summer and has since agreed a move to Bayer Leverkusen. Ronnow, meanwhile, will officially join Frankfurt from Danish club Brondby next month.

Wiedwald is among a group of players who Leeds are working to remove from their wage bill. Academy midfielder Madger Gomes departed for Sochaux in France last week and Swedish forward Marcus Antonsson is close to a move to Massimo Cellino’s Brescia in Italy.

New United head coach Marcelo Bielsa spent weeks studying the squad at Elland Road prior to his appointment on Friday and has already told Leeds which players will not be part of his plans next season.

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 63184
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18 June)

Post by 1964white » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:44 am

Ellandback1 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:14 am
Good Morning Everyone

Here is the latest Bielsa news in a nutshell.

The 62 yo Argentine is expected to arrive at Elland Road early this week. He wasn't due to arrive until Friday
Good morning Matt

Biesla looking to get on with job as early as possible :clape: he hasn't got long before the pre-season training resumes

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 63184
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18 June)

Post by 1964white » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:46 am

Ellandback1 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:40 am
By Phil Hay

Felix Wiedwald is closing in on a return to Germany with Eintracht Frankfurt bidding to sign him from Leeds United.

Wiedwald looks set to end a torrid year in England by moving back to the Bundesliga and rejoining a club he played for earlier in his career. The 28-year-old spent two years with Frankfurt between 2013 and 2015 and is wanted by the German side to compete with new signing Frederik Ronnow after current first-choice Lukas Hradecky chose to leave at the end of his contract.

Leeds are open to approaches for Wiedwald and want to move him on just 12 months into his three-year contract. Wiedwald cost £500,000 from Werder Bremen last summer, replacing Rob Green as number one at Elland Road, but he struggled for form in the Championship and was dropped by both of United’s head coaches this term, Thomas Christiansen and Paul Heckingbottom, amid criticism of his performances.

His last appearance came in a 3-0 defeat at Middlesbrough in March, a result which saw him lose his place to 21-year-old Bailey Peacock-Farrell. Wiedwald struggled to make the bench ahead of Andy Lonergan during the closing stages of the term.

United have been targeting a new keeper since the beginning of the transfer window and are vying to sign Manchester City youngster Angus Gunn on a season-long loan. The club have also shown an interest in Birmingham City’s David Stockdale - surplus to requirements at St Andrews - but the YEP understands that Leeds and Stockdale are a distance apart on wages.

Wiedwald’s availability has alerted Frankfurt, who recently won Germany’s DBF Cup with an impressive victory over Bayern Munich. Hradecky confirmed ahead of the final that he would be quitting the club when he contract expired this summer and has since agreed a move to Bayer Leverkusen. Ronnow, meanwhile, will officially join Frankfurt from Danish club Brondby next month.

Wiedwald is among a group of players who Leeds are working to remove from their wage bill. Academy midfielder Madger Gomes departed for Sochaux in France last week and Swedish forward Marcus Antonsson is close to a move to Massimo Cellino’s Brescia in Italy.

New United head coach Marcelo Bielsa spent weeks studying the squad at Elland Road prior to his appointment on Friday and has already told Leeds which players will not be part of his plans next season.
Interesting Matt. I wonder who are the other players on the list to go

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 63184
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18 June)

Post by 1964white » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:51 am

Never had a bet on Leeds however those odds are far too stingy to even contemplate a wager, not good value

Bookies safeguarding their satchels I guess

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 63184
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18 June)

Post by 1964white » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:53 am

Ellandback1 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:14 am



Pick a player

Chris Fairclough

Chris Whyte

and

Robbie Blake

David Healy
Never a fan of Healy or Blake

Chris Fairclough for me

User avatar
gessa
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18321
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18 June)

Post by gessa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:53 am

1964white wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:51 am
Never had a bet on Leeds however those odds are far too stingy to even contemplate a wager, not good value

Bookies safeguarding their satchels I guess
It's more to do with how much as been put on us rather than them thinking we'll go up.

User avatar
Ellandback1
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18 June)

Post by Ellandback1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:57 am

1964white wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:44 am
Good morning Matt

Biesla looking to get on with job as early as possible :clape: he hasn't got long before the pre-season training resumes
Morning Leon, I wonder which hotel he'll be staying at. I know the club uses the Clayton?

User avatar
Ellandback1
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18 June)

Post by Ellandback1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:59 am

1964white wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:53 am
Never a fan of Healy or Blake

Chris Fairclough for me
Who was the USA winger / striker we had at the same time as Healy and Blake?

User avatar
Ellandback1
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18 June)

Post by Ellandback1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:00 am

gessa wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:53 am
It's more to do with how much as been put on us rather than them thinking we'll go up.
Good Afternoon Gessa :)

danhirons
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 935
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18 June)

Post by danhirons » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:12 am

Ellandback1 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:59 am
Who was the USA winger / striker we had at the same time as Healy and Blake?
eddie lewis?

Post Reply