WORLD CUP progress

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: WORLD CUP progress

Post by The Subhuman »

Way too much praise for that performance, nice but a few red flags.

Defence needs to tighten up. I thought Panama looked the better team til we scored and they're well a poor mans Monaco
Needs to be less reliance on set pieces, only one proper goal from open play so far and one complete fluke
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

faaip wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:34 pm Way too much praise for that performance, nice but a few red flags.

Defence needs to tighten up. I thought Panama looked the better team til we scored and they're well a poor mans Monaco
Needs to be less reliance on set pieces, only one proper goal from open play so far and one complete fluke
The red flag for me was the way they lost focus and gave up the consolation goal. It could have serious ramifications as it allowed Belgium to draw even on goal differential. Granted, nobody out of group H looks overly formidable, but this could make a difference.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

England are through anyway and I like the fact that other players than Kane are scoring.
England were really a bit mediocre but at least the ref punished the Panamanian players for some of their dirty play. 2 penalties and 1 inadvertent back heel for HK's hat trick wasn't a stellar achievement but at least he didn't miss a penalty.

I'm actually sickened by some of the unpunished Penalty Area fouls from some teams though.