Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by gessa »

Now the manager is sorted, what players will we be getting, I believe 4 quality players will improve us enough to get us to the top 6.

Rumours are abound about us loaning players from Man Citeh and Spurs, for obvious reasons but unless there is a chance of signing these players then perhaps we should only be looking at 1 of these as an option.

2 players linked today are Juan Foyth and Cameron Carter-Vickers from Spurs but both loans though , Plus a permanent move for Sheff Wed midfielder Sean Clare but we're apparently one of several clubs interested in him.
Is this just lazy journalism,as Bielsa would be very unlikely to know anything about them.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:50 am Plus a permanent move for Sheff Wed midfielder Sean Clare but we're apparently one of several clubs interested in him
I know absolutely nothing about Clare, don't think I've seen him play Ges.

I'm hoping Bielsa signs some quality bruisers :) we really need to toughen up
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Foyth seems to be a persistent rumour, and being an Argentinian, I assume he is known by Bielsa. Well regarded ball playing centre back. If there are truth in these rumours, then maybe Bartley has been discounted by our new boss.

Carter-Vickers is also well regarded. USA international, on loan at Ipswich from Spurs last season. Another defender, so two young loanees at the back is probably not the way we want to go, and after Pennington, one might be one too many ! I would imagine Spurs would want them both to play 1st team football.

Clare is a 21 year old 6' 3" midfielder, who has spent the last three seasons on loan in League 1 and League 2. Can't see the point in this, unless he is filling a gap in the U23's.

The club are keeping a tight lid on their transfer dealings, but as preparation is Bielsa's forte, we can assume, he has put forward a list of names, and we are working on them. Hernandez has still not announced his destination, so we cannot be discounted from that one, but as usual,, we are casting about in the dark. The next week will be crucial for the start of pre-season on the 25th.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Goalkeeper
CB
WL
Striker

They are the four I think we need, I know some love BPF but we need more experience between the sticks, I'm sticking with Alioski wide left and alternating between Saiz and Pablo #`10
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

GK - Gunn on loan would be good.
CB - Foyth loan would be good, need another ball playing if we go 3 CBs. Maybe look in u23s as well O'Connor, Diaz or Struijk might do well under Bielsa.
CM - Tall, energetic midfielder. Souliaho Meite on loan from Monaco could be a good shout. Abdoulaye Toure from Nantes, more expensive but would be an excellent signing. Alfred NDiaye on loan would be good too.
Winger - don't know, maybe Diaz from Man City.
Striker - Abel Hernandez.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Don't need a starting keeper atm,

Pair of CB, especially if we play a back 3 we only really have Jansson right now

Striker times 2, again there's nothing proven here at all. As it stands it's Ekuban and Grot as first teamers

That's about it for needs really
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Interesting no one thinks the midfield needs improving, that has been our weakness the last two seasons imo. We don't have enough ball players, especially for Bielsa's style.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I personally think Klich is a very good player, Hernandez is proven, Saiz is a good back up. I like both Alioski and Roofe to get better. Some interesting players in the youth set up too. We own a lot of centre midfielders...If Biesla is half the manager most say he is then he should have no problem finding 3 or 4 to mould. Surely the point of Biesla is to make ok players good or very good.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:00 pm I personally think Klich is a very good player, Hernandez is proven, Saiz is a good back up. I like both Alioski and Roofe to get better. Some interesting players in the youth set up too. We own a lot of centre midfielders...If Biesla is half the manager most say he is then he should have no problem finding 3 or 4 to mould. Surely the point of Biesla is to make ok players good or very good.
Klich and Rey would do well and maybe Forshaw, but Vieira and Phillips are both poor on the ball and not good enough if we want promotion. They're ok as rotation. We need a tall, energetic enforcer and ball winner.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I rate Vierra very highly, has all the tools but lacks the confidence atm. Biesla should be the making of him. Maybe confidence is the wrong word, maybe it should be self belief .

I'm not averse to a player coming in but it for me is not a priority over CF or CB.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Current central mid on the books AFAIK right now are

Ronaldo Vierra
Oriol Rey

Adam Forshaw
Kalvin Phillips
Eunan O'Kane
Yosuke Ideguchi
Mateusz Klich
Alejandro Machuca
Jamie Shackleton

Samuel Saiz
Pablo Hernandez
Jack Clarke
Robbie Gotts -
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:47 pm Interesting no one thinks the midfield needs improving, that has been our weakness the last two seasons imo. We don't have enough ball players, especially for Bielsa's style.
I do.....our midfield has been weak for the last two seasons

Pretty sure Bielsa will tweak the midfield somewhat !
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Those rating Klich, what are you basing it on? Genuine question have you seen him play well?

Reading reports Bielsa doesn’t want Abel Hernandez, he wants Vydra.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I agree with Faaip
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Reports in Holland saying we are interested in dutch international striker Wout Weghorst.

27 and 18 goals in all competitions for AZ last 2 seasons.

Holland debut in March vs England.

6ft6 powerful forward similar to Gignac and Llorente who Bielsa liked.

Fee of around £10mil.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Richard wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:35 pm Those rating Klich, what are you basing it on? Genuine question have you seen him play well?

Reading reports Bielsa doesn’t want Abel Hernandez, he wants Vydra.
Burnley, thought he was brilliant.

Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Several very good games on loan too, outstanding on occasions according to reports.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Vierra, Forshaw, Phillips and a new centre mid signing would provide strong competition in the centre of the park,

saiz and hernandez battling for an attacking mid role,

alioski, dallas and two new wingers (roofe back up plus roberts)

new striker (roofe back up + roberts)

ayling right back, pearce + new signing battling for left back, pontus and (hopefully bartley) centre backs, cooper providing cover

New keeper, BPF as back up

for me
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

YEP reporting we remain interested in Stockdale but wages are an issue.

Surely if he is such a Leeds fan he'd take a wage cut?

Never on earth is he a 40k a week goalie. . 15k at most.

Reports suggesting Wolves have offered Hernandez £57k a week and a £5mil signing on fee.

They can have him for that, to injury prone to risk that sort of deal.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

That's a lot for a back up