Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:24 am You called him right there Cjay, I don't like his attitude too !
They need to sign someone like him, a marquee signing.

Jack Harrison on loan and Patrick Bamford dont make up for selling Vieira.

Not happy :evil:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Matej Vydra didnt want to join a team that finished below Derby.

Absolutely spot on, why should he.

Especially for similar money.

Arrogance from us tbh
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Signing him on a loan though. No chance of a permanent if he's that highly rated.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Genghers wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:18 pm Signing him on a loan though. No chance of a permanent if he's that highly rated.
Yeah true

Was trying to be positive because pretty annoyed about Vieira.
Signed

King Cjay

Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:05 pm Yeah true

Was trying to be positive because pretty annoyed about Vieira.
Haha, he's not one yet, so hold onto that!

Hopefully he can provide good competition of the likes of Alioski and Saiz out wide.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Genghers wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:13 pm Haha, he's not one yet, so hold onto that!

Hopefully he can provide good competition of the likes of Alioski and Saiz out wide.
Id be selling Saiz myself.

Manchester City fans saying he has done well in pre season, so clearly is in Peps plans, thats encouraging.
Signed

King Cjay

Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:26 pm Id be selling Saiz myself.

Manchester City fans saying he has done well in pre season, so clearly is in Peps plans, thats encouraging.
Agree with you here Cjay

Biggest frustration with last season was saiz and his inability to release that last pass. Hoping he can add it to his game - if he tries to play that killer pass instead of taking a few more touches and go the whole Distance himself he’ll be unplayable in this league
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Brader wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:19 pm Agree with you here Cjay

Biggest frustration with last season was saiz and his inability to release that last pass. Hoping he can add it to his game - if he tries to play that killer pass instead of taking a few more touches and go the whole Distance himself he’ll be unplayable in this league
Agree with you here mate.

If he can then he would be class.

But he isnt a young man now, 21 22 23, he is 27, do players often add skills they have never had in there late 20s?

Concern with Saiz is there must be a reason he has never progressed above Spanish Segunda.

May just be that he just doesnt have that little bit of awareness that you can see in Pablo, a player who has made the top level.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

We still need a CB. Captain calamity has about 15 good games in him and Pontus will pick up silly yellows. Some suggestions:
Kenneth Ormeruo or Matt Miazga loan from Chelsea
Tosin Adarabioyo loan from Man City
Rob Holding loan Arsenal
Robert Huth free transfer
Filip Helander
Last edited by SG90 on Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

In other news, Abel Hernandez failed his medical at CSKA and they will only sign him if he lowers his demands. I think if we offered £60k a week for two years that would still work out cheaper than Bamford.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:45 am We still need a CB. Captain calamity has about 15 good games in him and Pontus will pick up silly yellows. Some suggestions:
Rob Holding loan Arsenal
Filip Helander
Our fans can see it, unfortunately he must give our coaches that daft grin on their arrival & they fall for his persuasive powers. Bielsa will soon recognise the problem once the season kicks in although it will be too late to replace Captain Chaos come the end of August
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:47 am In other news, Abel Hernandez failed his medical at CSKA and they will only sign him if he lowers his demands. I think if we offered £60k a week for two years that would still work out cheaper than Bamford.
So Hernandez who thinks he is worth big money is basically a crock
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:47 am In other news, Abel Hernandez failed his medical at CSKA and they will only sign him if he lowers his demands. I think if we offered £60k a week for two years that would still work out cheaper than Bamford.
But what works out better value £60k pw for a player who has had repeated injury problems, has failed a medical elsewhere and may end up playing 15 matches a season or buying a player with a decent pedigree at this level and no real problems with injury (no doubt jinxed him now).

Abel may havebeen worth what he wanted from Villa a couple of years back but since then he hasn't played much and wants more money.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:57 am But what works out better value £60k pw for a player who has had repeated injury problems, has failed a medical elsewhere and may end up playing 15 matches a season or buying a player with a decent pedigree at this level and no real problems with injury (no doubt jinxed him now).

Abel may havebeen worth what he wanted from Villa a couple of years back but since then he hasn't played much and wants more money.
No I want Bamford as well, just saying he'd be cheaper even on those wages as has no fee to pay. I think we should go back in for him, he could be difference between automatic and play offs.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

SG90 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:45 am We still need a CB. Captain calamity has about 15 good games in him and Pontus will pick up silly yellows. Some suggestions:
Rob Holding loan Arsenal
Filip Helander
Not interested in taking on more youth loanees. If we want to improve on Cooper it needs to be an experienced player.

Don't know much about Holding, but he's got pretty limited appearances so far.

Huth declined rapidly after their title winning season and wouldn't be cheap. There must be better options out there.

Seen Helander's name pop up a few times, but my knowledge of him is limited to FIFA/football manager. Could probably strike up a good partnership with Jansson and he's got age on his side...
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Genghers wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:50 am Not interested in taking on more youth loanees. If we want to improve on Cooper it needs to be an experienced player.

Don't know much about Holding, but he's got pretty limited appearances so far.

Huth declined rapidly after their title winning season and wouldn't be cheap. There must be better options out there.

Seen Helander's name pop up a few times, but my knowledge of him is limited to FIFA/football manager. Could probably strike up a good partnership with Jansson and he's got age on his side...
Ormeruo isn't inexperienced and played for Boro in Championship, Miazga has 50 appearances at Vitesse including Europa League. Only Adarabioyo would be inexperienced out of those.

Helander could form a partnership with Pontus straight away, so wouldn't need to settle in.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

ew

with zero assets at the end of the two years
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

danhirons wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:12 pm ew

with zero assets at the end of the two years
Well if we got promoted then that would be £200m plus we could sell him to a parachute club for £15m afterwards.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:14 pm They need to sign someone like him, a marquee signing.

Jack Harrison on loan and Patrick Bamford dont make up for selling Vieira.

Not happy :evil:
I have a feeling there is one more surprise signing to come.
By all accounts Klitch seems to have moved up the pecking order in central midfield above RV as well as Foreshaw and Baker so I think the club see selling him as an opportunity to recruit someone else. On his day RV can completely boss the midfield but for me those days are few and far between.
I think Harrison will prove to be a great signing but obviously not 'like for like' with RV so I'm wondering whether the club will use the money from RV to get someone like Marcus Maddison from Peterborough?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden