Matej Vydra Vs Abel Hernandez vs Fernando Torres

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Matej Vydra Vs Abel Hernandez vs Fernando Torres

Post by Cjay »

Phil Hay saying Bielsa prefers Vydra, so who would be a better signing?

Cost wise Vydra is more expensive, a transfer fee probably close to £10mil, wages around the £40k mark.

Abel Hernandez is a free agent. Wages similar to Vydra.

Abel Hernandez is 28 in August.
Championship record with minutes played talen into account.
43 games 29 goals 3 assists.

Standing 6ft1 the Uruguayan is an out and out number 9, known for his pace and intelligence he is a class act at this level. Happy to drift wide but preferring to play on the shoulder he is ideal for teams looking to stretch the opposition. However, he has an awful injury record, something that must be taken into account.

Matej Vydra is 26.
103 games 45 goals 12 assists.
The Czech international is best played as a number 10, equally able to play out wide cutting in from the left he has spoken before about not wanting to play as a main striker. An intelligent player able to find space between the midfield and defence he is a tricky player with good pace and intelligence, able to both create and score. However he drifts out of games and has been accused of not doing enough at times.

Fernando Torres.
Recent form so only counting since his return to Atletico.
55 games 27 goals 10 assists.
A fantasy signing perhaps but one that would excite the fanbase and raise our profile. 34 year old Torres is a genuine legend of the modern game, injuries harmed the Spaniard especially during his time at Chelsea, but he found some form again in recent seasons. Mainly used as a sub since returning to Spain his record at a high level even in his 30s is fantastic. The blistering pace of his prime has gone, however he is no slouch probably, quicker then Wood and Lasogga. His touch and control is still top class and as his stats show he still can score goals. Dropping deeper as his pace decreased he still makes a difference due to his intelligence and technical skill. As you can tell im a massive fan, a dream signing but at 34 with injury issues and undoubtedly if possible not cheap, would he be worth it?

Both have pros and cons.

But which would be best for us?
Last edited by Cjay on Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
gessa

Re: Matej Vydra Vs Abel Hernandez.

Post by gessa »

Lets have em both, we need to show intent and scare the life out of the rest of the league.
hector

Post by hector »

gessa wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:06 pm Lets have em both, we need to show intent and scare the life out of the rest of the league.
Ah... well, if we hire BB and Mucky Ducky as player security that would have the same effect... ;-)

And be a lot cheaper too..... :shock: :shock:

:) :) :)

I am just emigrating ................. bye............. :poo: :poo:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:06 pm Lets have em both, we need to show intent and scare the life out of the rest of the league.
Like it Ges, now that would be stunning :tup:

Can't remember when we last scared the living daylights out of the opposition
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Matej Vydra Vs Abel Hernandez vs Fernando Torres

Post by The Subhuman »

Well if we're throwing money around then both...if we get them we can sell Saiz.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Torres is done, Hernandez is injury prone so would look at pay-as-you-play deal for him, Vydra most definitely
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not sure Hernandez would be particularly happy if we sign another number ten who'd almost certainly relegate him to reserve at best and fight for that position with Saiz...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

hector wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:17 pm Ah... well, if we hire BB and Mucky Ducky as player security that would have the same effect... ;-)

And be a lot cheaper too..... :shock: :shock:

:) :) :)

I am just emigrating ................. bye............. :poo: :poo:
:twisted: ooh there's a shed with your name on it :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Hernandez for me. We don't need another no.10. I don't think Torres is likely, but if he is, then I'd get him as well.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Hernandez for me followed by Vydra, to be honest, I would have to pinch myself if we got either of them
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

(1)Fernando Torres - Pipe dream but if it can be done he is my pick. May be 34 but you look at some of the ageing strikers like Leon Clarke, Billy Sharp etc who did well last year. Torres even at 34 is twice the player that 90% of championship strikers will ever be.

2) Matej Vydra- Even as a number 10 he scored 20 goals last season. Good player, versatile to.

3)Abel Hernandez- purely because of his injury record, its very worrying.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom