Marcelo Bielsa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by hector »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:44 pm I agree - neither (to a greater or lesser extent) can Allegri, Tuchel, Simeone or Sampaoli and we wouldn't turn our nose up at any of them :-D
I lead a very sheltered life.... I haven't heard of any of those guys cat....
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

John in Louisiana wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:17 am Seeing reports that Marcelo Bielsa is in negotiations to be the next manager at LUFC.
I personally think this would be a great, if unconventional, hire.
I read somewhere that his signature formation is 3-3-3-1
Now that would be a novel setup I wonder how he would play it.
Ayling Jansson Pearce at the back
Forshaw Viera Philips in the middle
Alioski Hernandez Saiz in attack
and Roofe up front.

How would you play it with the present players?

EDIT HA I see Faaip has already posted a similar idea.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:14 pm I read somewhere that his signature formation is 3-3-3-1
and Roofe up front.

Explanation I read was that it was 3 at the back but the two wing backs were part of the 6 in MF with a lone striker up top....? So more like 3 CHs - seems to make a bit more sense, well to me anyway.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Well it ain't rocket science this tactical stuff is ok .. when you not only believe in the so called tactics . You have to have the players to do it , understanding is of course necessary but the quality is paramount. MacDermott even used it but come on you have to have the right people on the pitch. Backed with young players that are not only good enough but are immersed in the system.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:14 pm I read somewhere that his signature formation is 3-3-3-1
and Roofe up front.

great minds
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

What can we expect from 3331 and do we have the players to implement it?
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Interesting write up here:

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2016/11/17/ ... g-el-loco/

Was written before his last two jobs (which went pretty badly by all accounts), but has some good insights into his philosophy.

Bielsa sought to apply his intellect to seek alternative solutions to football’s age-old tactical quandaries. “I am a student of football,” he once said. “I watch videos, read, analyse, but beneath all my technical talk the great principle is not to concede too much space.”

“Tactically it was a radical change,” midfielder Juan Manuel Llop said of the new manager’s approach. “He altered the fitness preparation enormously, he worked set-pieces very thoroughly and paid close attention to all the details.

“The style was very practical. It was a very aggressive style, looking for every man to win his personal duel … along with controlling possession and always looking to go forward and attack.”
:tup:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Gonna stick my neck out and say this will be a great appointment. I had a bad feeling about Heck and was right, so hopefully this is a good feeling too. Can't help but think the kind of players we would attract and keep with a top name manager here.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Cjay »

Phil Hay

@PhilHayYEP

A source close to Marcelo Bielsa tells me he intends to sign his contract tonight and will become Leeds United's next head coach. #lufc

10:59 pm · 14 Jun 2018
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Hallelujah
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

At bloody last
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not my choice at all and 40 grand a week but welcome MB, looking forward to what you bring to the party. Good luck
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

Welcome Marcelo , hope this signals a turn in our fortunes and a glowing new era . :tup: :tup: :tup:
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

40 K a week sounds a lot but it's only 2 million for the year. We've wasted more than that on sacko and cibicki alone, and plenty more elsewhere
gessa

Post by gessa »

We pay that out on managers and compensation for sackings, not a worry if the right man, now he's here and they have a strong belief in him, they have to give him time.
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

gessa wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:14 am We pay that out on managers and compensation for sackings, not a worry if the right man, now he's here and they have a strong belief in him, they have to give him time.
And more importantly back him with money and whatever else, or he won't be here for long!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

MightyWhites wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:00 am And more importantly back him with money and whatever else, or he won't be here for long!
I don't think the board will have any option not to back him as they know he'll be off if they mess him about as you say MW :tup:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

His apointment has just been announced on SKY sports news :)
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

1964white wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:59 am I don't think the board will have any option not to back him as they know he'll be off if they mess him about as you say MW :tup:
Agree Leon , its not rocket science is it , spend money on decent players , Leeds start to win playing attractive football , crowds increase becoming sell outs every game , income excedes expenditure , fans are happy Radz is happy with a healthy bank account to boot as well :tup: :tup: :tup:
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter