2018 WORLD CUP FINAL - FRANCE v CROATIA

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Re: 2018 WORLD CUP - DENMARK v AUSTRALIA

Post by Ronan »

Come on you Socceroooos !!!
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
gessa

Post by gessa »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:00 am It's possible that Spain and Portugal could end up with identical records in their group. I believe there is some sort of tie-breaker (well there has to be really) in that case. Has anyone heard/read/seen any mention of which of the two are ahead in respect of the tie-breaker?
From the bbc site, i knew they said this after the match but rechecked.

Spain top Group B courtesy of having collected fewer disciplinary points than Portugal.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Re: 2018 WORLD CUP - FRANCE V PERU

Post by Ronan »

Peru !!!!!!
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

gessa wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:44 pm From the bbc site, i knew they said this after the match but rechecked.

Spain top Group B courtesy of having collected fewer disciplinary points than Portugal.
Yes, I remember seeing that on sky sports news as well ges.... :)
gessa

Re: 2018 WORLD CUP - ARGENTINA v CROATIA

Post by gessa »

Good start in the Argentina v Croatia game.
gessa

Post by gessa »

What a mistake from Caballero the Argentine keeper, both keepers looking dodgy but that was an awful mistake, trying to be too clever.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cracking goal from Modric, a wonderful victory for Croatia
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Croatia were a very impressive outfit, not only skilled but a bit of bite as well.

Looks like being Denmark or Australia for them in the next round.

(Is it just me or have other people been getting a SQL error, whatever one of those is !?!?!, preventing the ability to log for the past couple of hours ?)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Me too,

Long way back for Argentina ...3 goals conceded should come back to bite them
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Croatia looked the class of the tournament so far today. Dominating performance.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

John in Louisiana wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:44 pm Croatia looked the class of the tournament so far today. Dominating performance.
Fancied Croatia to go well before the tournament started, wasn't sure if they had enough goals in them, that myth has been put to bed after tonight's impressive performance
rab_rant

Re: 2018 WORLD CUP - BRAZIL v COSTA RICA

Post by rab_rant »

That Croatian side are tough. I always thought the Argentinians had a lot of bite to them
but Croatia made them look like powder puffs. I think they will go far, maybe even to the final.
Some more Snapshots of the game some of the fouls were horrendous. Stamping on feet
Nearly breaking ankles. Anguish from Maradona and the Argentinian fans.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I would not mind Ante Rebic up front for Leeds. PLays for Frankfurt, contract ends 30.6.18
I certainly can put himself about... built like Lasogga but does not run in treacle. Bullies
everyone he comes in contact with. Class player.

Ante Rebic Player profile
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

gessa wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:44 pm From the bbc site, i knew they said this after the match but rechecked.

Thanks Ges
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
gessa

Post by gessa »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:48 am I would not mind Ante Rebic up front for Leeds. PLays for Frankfurt, contract ends 30.6.18
I certainly can put himself about... built like Lasogga but does not run in treacle. Bullies
everyone he comes in contact with. Class player.

Ante Rebic Player profile
I think a few clubs could be after him now Rab, would definitely suit the English game, proper old fashioned player, would probably get sent off 5 times a season in the premier league though.

Refs have let a few tough tackles go this tournament, the Euros were a joke, blowing up every time there was any contact, spoiling the flow of the games.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

F**k u Neymar....brilliant VAR decision....petulant brat !!!
1964white

Re: 2018 WORLD CUP - Germany, Belgium & maybe PONTUS in action on Saturday

Post by 1964white »

Missed the Brazil game

An improved performance from Nigeria from the what I saw in the 2nd half

Swiss showing why they are ranked in the top ten teams of the world after their draw v Brazil & then a victory over Serbia today, Nice finish from Shaqiri
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Belgium should be winning our group here with a performance a lot better than ours against Tunisia...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

5-1 ...should have been 10 - 1
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Bloody Germans - another clear penalty denied by a stubborn ref - VAR is a joke!