Abel Hernandez

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Abel Hernandez

Post by Cjay »

Another if thread.

Gotta keep things ticking over in the quiet months :lol:

Will look a right prune if Bielsa doesnt arrive and now Hernandez, BUT.

Sources say a signing that seemed very unlikely originally is pretty close now.

Radz leading the charge here, he met with Hernandez face to face, so this is Radz pushing this, love to know what he said.

Apparently Super Agent Mino Raiola may have played a part, apparently he is close to Abel Hernandez's representatives and may have played a part in convincing them and him (all speculation of course)

Would we be happy?
Do we need another striker to? Given Abel's very dodgy injury record.

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Re: Abel Hernandez

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Big step up from what we had last season but agree with R88, we need another striker as it's all our eggs in one basket otherwise.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Not going to get excited until I see him holding up the shirt. From when I've seen his goals for Hull, he runs off through balls, so Pablo and Saiz will be licking their lips. Not sure what Roberts is like, Grot should be loaned out, Ekuban sold. I think we'll need an aerial threat too, when we face the hoofball teams.
Hernandez, Roofe, Roberts, New. Then Dalby, Kun and Edmondson in the u23.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

He has a twitter that he has good news soon, wearing white too!! Lol, looks like we’ll know either way soon.
What a statement of intent we’re making if it does happen! Radz is showing his hand after being pi$$ed at wolves last year, here’s hoping...
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Big move if it happens, he's much better than what we have. But he IS injury prone, that's a worry for me.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

If negotiations with Abel are very close then does anyone else think Bielsa must be very close to?

Bielsa doesnt seem like the sort of guy who would accept a club spending a huge amount (wages wise) on a striker he hasnt approved, if he is being asked for his opinion on transfers then things must be well advanced.
Signed

King Cjay

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:58 pm If negotiations with Abel are very close then does anyone else think Bielsa must be very close to?

Bielsa doesnt seem like the sort of guy who would accept a club spending a huge amount (wages wise) on a striker he hasnt approved, if he is being asked for his opinion on transfers then things must be well advanced.
I think whoever we appoint, Bielsa or otherwise, Radz has had a re-think about the sort of player that we need to get us out of this league and has understood that what he thought was enough before wasn't both in terms of quality, experience of playing here and in no small part costs.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

I think we have zero chance of Hernandez the board know it but are clinging on to a hope so that the fans remain positive.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Richard wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:54 pm I think we have zero chance of Hernandez the board know it but are clinging on to a hope so that the fans remain positive.
Beginning to worry myself..

Imagine the scenes.

Radz- "Thank you all for coming, we are proud to introduce you to our first new signing of the summer and our new manager simultaneously, please welcome, Steve Bruce and Jerry Mbakogu
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:48 pm Beginning to worry myself..

Imagine the scenes.

Radz- "Thank you all for coming, we are proud to introduce you to our first new signing of the summer and our new manager simultaneously, please welcome, Steve Bruce and Jerry Mbakogu
Please don't Cjay :chair:
Cliff
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Cliff »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:48 pm Beginning to worry myself..

Imagine the scenes.

& as it turns out neither the A Team of Bielsa & Hernández were introduced, nor the b team mentioned above.

I suspect, on both A team counts, the longer it goes without being confirmed the less likely it's going to happen. Tonight would've been perfect to parade a new messiah, even worth agreeing to one or two expensive contract clause addons just to take advantage of the added publicity of the occasion, but alas, we're still waiting - maybe it's a contractual thing with ITV that w couldn't hijack the event - but it would've made for great TV for Bielsa to have been confirmed so can't see ITV objecting.

Keeping my fingers crossed, but the cynic in me says it's not gonna happen.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Cliff wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:57 pm & as it turns out neither the A Team of Bielsa & Hernández were introduced, nor the b team mentioned above.

I suspect, on both A team counts, the longer it goes without being confirmed the less likely it's going to happen. Tonight would've been perfect to parade a new messiah, even worth agreeing to one or two expensive contract clause addons just to take advantage of the added publicity of the occasion, but alas, we're still waiting - maybe it's a contractual thing with ITV that w couldn't hijack the event - but it would've made for great TV for Bielsa to have been confirmed so can't see ITV objecting.

It wasn't the Leeds team playing tonight. Technically, Elland Road was in the hands of the FA. Still not given up hope - the players are not back in until 25th June.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:02 pm Please don't Cjay :chair:
:flog: (Optimism every summer)
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Cliff wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:57 pm & as it turns out neither the A Team of Bielsa & Hernández were introduced, nor the b team mentioned above.

Inclined to agree, longer it drags on the less likely it is on both counts.

Cant parade a new messiah who is in Mexico and has to be in Mexico apparently until the 10th. Just hope the club have good backup options.

Bruce and Mbakogu was tongue in cheek . . . .but given our track record its a real possibility :(

If he listens to the twitterverse it wont be Bruce and Jerry . . . . . .I'll be McCarthy and McCormack :oops: :verysad:
Signed

King Cjay

Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Slightly more optimistic about this now we have Bielsa although I have a feeling he will be calling in favours and hitting the loan market hard.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I never think of loan players as Leeds players and fortunately there's a limit..One of the reasons I never took to Lassoga was he was loan . Don't mind loan with the option to buy quite so much.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

This one looking less likely by the day apparently.

Not the one Bielsa wants.
Wage demands are very high (Villa of all clubs pulled out of a £20mil deal because of that).
Signed

King Cjay