Forum backing for Marco Bielsa as new manager

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Biesla

Poll ended at Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:49 am

Come to Leeds Marco
54%
I have my doubts
42%
I don't think this is the right direction for us
4%

Total votes: 26

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Forum backing for Marco Bielsa as new manager

Post by The Subhuman »

Just to get some kind of indication of forum thinking.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Forum backing for Marco Bielsa as new manager

Post by beer belly bert »

every time a position becomes available the same old tired names are trotted out as contenders , Rednapp , Allerdyce , McCarthy , Ranieri , McLaren , and a load more , they have all had there day , this bloke is a total unknown and maybe just what we need , and if he fails we know it wont be long before another yes man arrives ,

I say lets give him a go :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Agree with Bert entirely

My main concerns are he is a bit of maverick & he has never won anything, on the flip side Bielsa is highly regarded so give him a go & lets hope he is the man for the job.

Like all new managers I'll give him my full support & not discard him after just a couple of games
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

I mean .... he has won things before. A few League titles and An Olympic gold(if we can class that) Not to mention europa finals with a pretty bang average Bilbao side.

I think the name alone means that a higher level calibre of player will take note (Abel Hernandez?) Not to mention his high regard of managers like pep / poch - fingers crossed it could mean a few loan options who they wouldn’t have concidered previously.

He seems to have a very firm identity tactically though and I’m not sure if the language barrier (Zero English) would be an issue....
I’d like to see Carlos Corberan given a shot at assistant if bielsa would allow it / doesn’t have a set assistant.

Would be good step up for him and a good way to mound him for the future - and could act as an interpreter
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Have been thinking the same thing re Carlos, Brader, that could provide a bit of continuity, better comms than through an interpreter and Corberan is already playing a relatively similar style with the U23s
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Rather appoint Bielsa than a Pardew, Pulis, Pearson, Moyes, McCarthy type anyday, who have had enough chances already. I don't think the language barrier will be a problem as we have Orta, Bravo, Ruiz, Saiz, Hernandez, Corberan etc at the club already. I thought Hecky had more of a language barrier to most of the squad to be honest. I'm sure the likes of Saiz, PJ, Vieira, Pearce would like to play under him, so will be keen to stay and we would attract better players from bigger clubs.
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

lufc1304 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:44 pm Have been thinking the same thing re Carlos, Brader, that could provide a bit of continuity, better comms than through an interpreter and Corberan is already playing a relatively similar style with the U23s
Ditto - Have been mulling over the same, it would most certainly fit with my interpretation of what Radz is trying to achieve within the bigger picture.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Have my doubts, if he's as great as they say why haven't clubs been banging on his door since November.
If he is the one, then lets hope he's given time to build something here, hopefully Corberan can get involved in more first team matters and be guided by him to take over when he does retire and keep some continuity going for once.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Have my doubts.

I dont doubt the style can work in this league, its not all that different from Nuno at Wolves.

I just doubt we can provide the obvious quality it requires.

He needs very intelligent, highly disciplined, technically brilliant players.

If he gets those then im optimistic.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Come to Leeds Marco
Marcelo's brother?
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

gessa wrote:

Have my doubts, if he's as great as they say why haven't clubs been banging on his door since November.
If he is the one, then lets hope he's given time to build something here, hopefully Corberan can get involved in more first team matters and be guided by him to take over when he does retire and keep some continuity going for once.
I have some doubts but I think Radz seems to have really thought this through and I get the impression he's planned for this more intelligently than last year. I voted for him to come here.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Norm wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:32 pmMarcelo's brother?
See can't even get his name right...I keep wanting to put an R between the B and E too

Another good reason not to sign him..to prevent 64 starting a get his name right thread

;-)
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:03 pm Have my doubts, if he's as great as they say why haven't clubs been banging on his door since November.
He has turned down Swansea and West Ham in recent seasons, River Plate and Newell in Argentina and the Argentinian national team. He rejected Seville, Sampdoria and Inter and allegedly held tentative talks with Liverpool pre Klopp and spoke to Everton to.

I get the impression that he has rejected tons of jobs for whatever reason over the years, probably down to him wanting full control.

Agree on Corberan.

Some are speculating on Almeyda coming in as his assistant.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:58 pm Have my doubts.

I dont doubt the style can work in this league, its not all that different from Nuno at Wolves.

I just doubt we can provide the obvious quality it requires.

He needs very intelligent, highly disciplined, technically brilliant players.

If he gets those then im optimistic.
If we could get those players I'd be optimistic with me as manager.

I have my doubts, too, but I don't doubt Bielsa so much as I doubt the ability/commitment of those at the top, at least based on wjhat we saw last summer/January.

I like to think this 49ers deal, with its infusion of cash, means we have a better plan of action for the next couple of months. If it means we're going to do a better job of attracting the sort of players you talk about, Cjay, then I think Bielsa could be a great choice.

So I'm voting "come to Leeds."
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Lots of doubts, as would be the case with any appointment ! Although his tactical credentials seem very good he would be coming into the Championship and many on here in the past have insisted we need someone with knowledge of this peculiar division, but my major doubt is the squad he inherits, it will have to look alot better come mid August for any new manager to succeed. But all that said, in the absence of any better prospect lets give him a go !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:31 am Lots of doubts, as would be the case with any appointment ! Although his tactical credentials seem very good he would be coming into the Championship and many on here in the past have insisted we need someone with knowledge of this peculiar division, but my major doubt is the squad he inherits, it will have to look alot better come mid August for any new manager to succeed But all that said, in the absence of any better prospect lets give him a go !
We can see the problems 60's :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:44 pm See can't even get his name right...I keep wanting to put an R between the B and E too
Another good reason not to sign him..to prevent 64 starting a get his name right thread
;-)
As if :)

I had noticed but I assumed you had shortened his name as we do in life.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Have my doubts, two main ones, he sounds like a volatile character coming to an already unstable managerial position - if he walks after a fortnight then it's just fuel to the flames for everyone who wants to pour scorn on the club. Secondly - his biggest successes seem to have been at international level and he isn't going to be working with that standard of player, can he get less talented players to play the way he wants?

On balance would I give him a go over someone like a Pardew - absolutely.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

I’d rather hire whatever vegetables darko has grown on his gardening leave than hire Alan f*cking Pardew. Guys an absolute clown
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

If Biesla does join I would imagine the current set up we had last season will be a thing of the past. It will offer encouragement that there is a decent budget for him as I cannot seeing him wanting to keep many of the current squad, It will also raise questions in relation to VO. He is my preferred choice by a distance, just hope it happens!