The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 31 May)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 31 May)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Its destiny day for Yosuke Ideguchi. The Japanese midfielder will learn later today whether he wmakes the cut.

There are 35 in the squad. Only 23 can go.

Lee Sharpe has been speaking to Lee Sobot from the YEP about Leeds hopes for promotion!

“It’s a really tough league to get out of and to give yourself the best opportunity you have got to throw some cash at it to get some good people in there,” he told the Yorkshire Evening Post.

“It’s a no-brainer to me to throw 30, 40 or maybe even 50 million pounds at it for the money that would come in return for the Premier League. It’s an absolute no-brainer.”

Jansson has been speaking o the press about Leeds' season

"Yes, I hope so," Jansson told Swedish paper Expressen about the need for change at Leeds.

"As we have seen this year, things have to happen. It was really bad both on and off the pitch. Leeds wants to go up to the Premier League, that's how the club goes out and talks, and then there are changes.

"We came in the lower half of the second part of the season and it's not good at all." Asked if the difficult end to the campaign with the Whites had altered his confidence heading into the World Cup with Sweden Jansson replied: "No, but it's been a messy season.

"Changes in the team were stricter [in the] second half of the season with more training, which is not a problem for me, but [it was] incredibly messy and a big disappointment."
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 31 May)

Post by 1964white »

Good morning Matt
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:58 am Lee Sharpe has been speaking to Lee Sobot from the YEP about Leeds hopes for promotion!
“It’s a really tough league to get out of and to give yourself the best opportunity you have got to throw some cash at it to get some good people in there,” he told the Yorkshire Evening Post.
“It’s a no-brainer to me to throw 30, 40 or maybe even 50 million pounds at it for the money that would come in return for the Premier League. It’s an absolute no-brainer.”
It is a tough league especially :

If you have owners with little ambition.
If a club sells their best players every pre-season.
If a club builds their team on the cheap signing players not good enough to handle the pressures of the championship.
If you have no spine in a team
If a team has no pace or quality in vital areas of the team
Has no game-changers on the bench.
And most importantly having the wrong coach/manager in charge of the club.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:58 am Jansson has been speaking o the press about Leeds' season

"Yes, I hope so," Jansson told Swedish paper Expressen about the need for change at Leeds.

"As we have seen this year, things have to happen. It was really bad both on and off the pitch. Leeds wants to go up to the Premier League, that's how the club goes out and talks, and then there are changes.

"We came in the lower half of the second part of the season and it's not good at all." Asked if the difficult end to the campaign with the Whites had altered his confidence heading into the World Cup with Sweden Jansson replied: "No, but it's been a messy season.

"Changes in the team were stricter [in the] second half of the season with more training, which is not a problem for me, but [it was] incredibly messy and a big disappointment."
Pontus has every right to be disappointed as he has a winning mentality, he is right in saying last season was 'messy' from day one, lets face we couldn't even make a decision on who should be captain. We may just be lucky to get one more season out of him but we'll have to shape ourselves & show some ambition because our best players won't hang around wasting their career at a club with no desire to progress.

Interesting to interpret the final sentence of his interview
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:42 am Pontus has every right to be disappointed as he has a winning mentality, he is right in saying last season was 'messy' from day one, lets face we couldn't even make a decision on who should be captain. We may just be lucky to get one more season out of him but we'll have to shape ourselves & show some ambition because our best players won't hang around wasting their career at a club with no desire to progress.

Interesting to interpret the final sentence of his interview
Morning Leon, very interesting final sentence.

Was there a fitness problem?

I know Saiz complained (around end February) about too much training.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:01 am Morning Leon, very interesting final sentence.

Was there a fitness problem?

I know Saiz complained (around end February) about too much training.
There were rumours coming out of ER that our squad of players lacked fitness
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Think it was fairly obvious we hit a wall very early, we were done by Christmas, even with all the chopping and changing. One of the reasons for me TC had to go. Heck had started to address that by the time the season came to an end ...As I say I think he's a much better coach than his predecessor
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Supposedly, this is going to be our new home top (leaked)
Deg5N_oW4AEcshO.jpg
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:08 am Think it was fairly obvious we hit a wall very early, we were done by Christmas, even with all the chopping and changing. One of the reasons for me TC had to go. Heck had started to address that by the time the season came to an end ...As I say I think he's a much better coach than his predecessor
Morning Faaip, are you saying the players had burnt themselves out by Christmas?

Over training or too much ball chasing after giving it away so much?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:15 am Supposedly, this is going to be our new home top (leaked)

Deg5N_oW4AEcshO.jpg
You are joking Matt
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:58 am Good Morning Everyone

Lee Sharpe has been speaking to Lee Sobot from the YEP about Leeds hopes for promotion!

The teams coming down from the premieship all have fat bank accounts and will retain a few premiership level players which means the teams in the championship need to invest in players to just keep up .

Jansson has been speaking o the press about Leeds' season

extra training is all well good but depends if its tactics or fitness , pointless been the fittess team in the league if all you do is run around in circles for 90mins and get nowhere
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:15 am Supposedly, this is going to be our new home top (leaked)

Deg5N_oW4AEcshO.jpg
This better not be true

Whatever next :chair:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Has to be all white at home. That would makes us Ipswich
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:37 am This better not be true

Whatever next :chair:
Deep breathes Leon.............
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

No way that will be the home shirt. Training top or away top at best. Don’t think the guy made the Japanese World Cup squad btw
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

beer belly bert wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:27 am
Morning Bert, I don't think the players were able to run around for 90 mins come Jan 1st.

It was like the power had be zapped from them.

They were always second onto a loose ball, low in confidence and poor in attitude.

I dread tho think what the dressing room aura was like?
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

danhirons wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:43 am No way that will be the home shirt. Training top or away top at best. Don’t think the guy made the Japanese World Cup squad btw
Morning Dan, no he didn't make the cut....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:39 am Has to be all white at home. That would makes us Ipswich
Indeed mate......I get the feeling Radz thinks we are more like Chelsea

I'm not keen when we play in different coloured kits on our away travels, to play in blue at Elland Road is just a ludicrous joke
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:47 am Indeed mate......I get the feeling Radz thinks we are more like Chelsea

I'm not keen when we play in different coloured kits on our away travels, to play in blue at Elland Road is just a ludicrous joke
You really need to stop this bashing of the owner, he’s had one season
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

dezzy wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:16 am You really need to stop this bashing of the owner, he’s had one season

Its a difficult one Dezzy, by his own admission Radrizzani has made many errors and yes we should support him.

BUT the fact Leon goes to most of the games, both home and away I think gives him more right than lets say me that only manage to get to a few games each season.

:)