The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 31 May)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 31 May)

Post by dezzy »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:45 am Its a difficult one Dezzy, by his own admission Radrizzani has made many errors and yes we should support him.

BUT the fact Leon goes to most of the games, both home and away I think gives him more right than lets say me that only manage to get to a few games each season.

:)
Sure, he is a fantastic supporter, doesn’t mean he has to answer every question by bashing the chairman for not having the clubs best interests at heart. Compared to other owners, it just make sense to me
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:45 am Its a difficult one Dezzy, by his own admission Radrizzani has made many errors and yes we should support him.

BUT the fact Leon goes to most of the games, both home and away I think gives him more right than lets say me that only manage to get to a few games each season.

My first post on this topic related to all championship clubs, it certainly applies to LUFC as we have had owners whom have mismanaged our club for the last twenty years

Radz has openly admitted his errors, now is the time for him to stand up & be counted & show the Leeds fans he is here to make us great again & not just to line his own pockets

I have my own opinion & that won't change unless I witness ambition to take us forward. For many seasons I've forked out good money to watch 2nd or even 3rd rate football only to suffer disappointment in a cramped ER stadium. Lets hope & pray that changes this season for all our sake !
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:20 am My first post on this topic related to all championship clubs, it certainly applies to LUFC as we have had owners whom have mismanaged our club for the last twenty years

Radz has openly admitted his errors, now is the time for him to stand up & be counted & show the Leeds fans he is here to make us great again & not just to line his pockets

I have my own opinion & that won't change unless I witnessed ambition to take us forward. For many seasons I've forked out good money to watch 2nd or even 3rd rate football only to suffer disappointment in a cramped ER stadium. Lets hope & pray that changes this season for all our sake !
He is standing up and being counted though, he is bringing in investment, he’s searching for a manager, I can understand you having a go at him in August should it not come through, but it’s the start of his second summer. Let him implement his plan for this summer then judge, you are being far too rash.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

dezzy wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:16 am You really need to stop this bashing of the owner, he’s had one season
I'm ok with that one.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

I'm not sure it is, yes Radz has made blatant errors (not many club owners who haven't) but are we really saying that Lee Sharpe is right and we should take a £50m.......let me say that again £50m, punt on getting promoted. Let's say we do - no guarantees and we don't get promoted, Radz gets jacked off at his squandered fortune and sells to the first person to cough up a few quid for a club that's losing millions and not been near the PL for years, we may attract that sugar daddy owner but more likely we get another band of shysters like GFH and the club goes back a decade trying to recover from the one massive punt on getting to the PL through an owner with no cash and trying to take us for a few quid along the way.

Have we forgotten what got us in this mess in the first place - financial mismanagement and gambles that failed, whether it be promotion or CL football the downsides were and are potentially catastrophic. We are just about starting to see the semblance of a club that is on an even keel after 15 years, we are signing players for multi-millions for the first time in that period, we don't pay a 3rd party landlord and the commercial side of the business is running well. Yes the signings made turned out to be a false dawn but at least we are able to go again from the mistakes and they do not appear to be hampering our restructuring for next season watching the rumours, yes we need to wait and see what comes in the form of actual transfers both ways but whatever they may be we need to do it in a way that is financially sustainable and does not put the longer term viability of the club at risk all over again for a short term punt.

In the absence of a "money no object" sugar daddy I would take Radz over any of our previous half dozen owners.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

dezzy wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:25 am He is standing up and being counted though, he is bringing in investment, he’s searching for a manager, I can understand you having a go at him in August should it not come through, but it’s the start of his second summer. Let him implement his plan for this summer then judge, you are being far too rash.
As long as that plan doesn't include a blue home strip.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:25 am He is standing up and being counted though, he is bringing in investment, he’s searching for a manager, I can understand you having a go at him in August should it not come through, but it’s the start of his second summer. Let him implement his plan for this summer then judge, you are being far too rash.
I'm a cynical old f*rt Dezzy because I see plenty of greed in every walk of life which makes me apprehensive tending to mistrust motives especially of affluent people

I personally don't think I'm being rash after last seasons shambles which was avoidable after such a promising previous season !

I'll gladly judge & applaud if I see ambition come August :-D
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It was less avoidable the second Monk walked and we appointed a high risk, no rep nobody from the the league of Cyprus.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:20 am My first post on this topic related to all championship clubs, it certainly applies to LUFC as we have had owners whom have mismanaged our club for the last twenty years

Radz has openly admitted his errors, now is the time for him to stand up & be counted & show the Leeds fans he is here to make us great again & not just to line his own pockets

I have my own opinion & that won't change unless I witness ambition to take us forward. For many seasons I've forked out good money to watch 2nd or even 3rd rate football only to suffer disappointment in a cramped ER stadium. Lets hope & pray that changes this season for all our sake !
Leon, was does a season ticket set you back?

How does it compare with other Championship clubs (if you know)?
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:36 am I'm not sure it is, yes Radz has made blatant errors (not many club owners who haven't) but are we really saying that Lee Sharpe is right and we should take a £50m.......let me say that again £50m, punt on getting promoted. Let's say we do - no guarantees and we don't get promoted, Radz gets jacked off at his squandered fortune and sells to the first person to cough up a few quid for a club that's losing millions and not been near the PL for years, we may attract that sugar daddy owner but more likely we get another band of shysters like GFH and the club goes back a decade trying to recover from the one massive punt on getting to the PL through an owner with no cash and trying to take us for a few quid along the way.

Have we forgotten what got us in this mess in the first place - financial mismanagement and gambles that failed, whether it be promotion or CL football the downsides were and are potentially catastrophic. We are just about starting to see the semblance of a club that is on an even keel after 15 years, we are signing players for multi-millions for the first time in that period, we don't pay a 3rd party landlord and the commercial side of the business is running well. Yes the signings made turned out to be a false dawn but at least we are able to go again from the mistakes and they do not appear to be hampering our restructuring for next season watching the rumours, yes we need to wait and see what comes in the form of actual transfers both ways but whatever they may be we need to do it in a way that is financially sustainable and does not put the longer term viability of the club at risk all over again for a short term punt.

In the absence of a "money no object" sugar daddy I would take Radz over any of our previous half dozen owners.
Afternoon Norfolk, some very good points there, and yes Radrizzani is the best we have have for 20 years.

However, he got it wrong with TC, and he obviously got it wrong with Heckingbottom, even though there were hundreds of thousands of Leeds fans on social media telling him he was making a big mistake.

He comes across (to me) as half committed, a bit like the players in the second half of the season....
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Sending Ideguchi to the arse end of Spain was stupid and we ruined it for him. Should have sent them O'Kane and given the lad a a chance.

Throwing money at it guarantees nothing, especially if the players signed dont suit the coaches style of play. We need to make sure they do, otherwise we get nowhere. Hecky or whoever and Orta need to be on the same page or 50mil wont matter.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Dont know what to make of Pontus's comments.

Clearly annoyed.

Who with?
The club, himself, teammates, Heckingbottom.

Last bit is interesting, wonder what he means.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:40 am I'm a cynical old f*rt Dezzy because I see plenty of greed in every walk of life which makes me apprehensive tending to mistrust motives especially of affluent people

I personally don't think I'm being rash after last seasons shambles which was avoidable after such a promising previous season !

I'll gladly judge & applaud if I see ambition come August :-D
Our world is run by greed and hidden agendas. I don’t see how it was inavoidable, he hired Orta to run the football side of it, where 23 other teams are competing towards the same goal, our plan didn’t work out, we called for a championship manager, LB experienced midfielder and a striker in January, we got all four!
Paid for by Radz, choosen by Orta. All of what your fed up with is Orta, not Radz, Radz is the chairman he does not have much impact on the team, he had to rebuild the club.
We are a much more solid club, one in which we are getting investment, all we have gotten up to now is gangesters.
I can undertand criticism and people opinions, that’s what a forum is, but your dismissing Radz and his integrity by calling him out as somebody taking us for a ride at every chance.
I’m not having a go at you btw it’s just I think he needs a decent amount of time to be judged, where you want change now, fair enough, each to their own.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:45 am It was less avoidable the second Monk walked and we appointed a high risk, no rep nobody from the the league of Cyprus.
Monk walked because he wasn't allowed to manage LUFC as he had done in his first season at Leeds. Had he been given decent backing with two or three quality players we'd have made the play-offs last season......where did we finish ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:01 pm Our world is run by greed and hidden agendas. I don’t see how it was inavoidable, he hired Orta to run the football side of it, where 23 other teams are competing towards the same goal, our plan didn’t work out, we called for a championship manager, LB experienced midfielder and a striker in January, we got all four!
Paid for by Radz, choosen by Orta. All of what your fed up with is Orta, not Radz, Radz is the chairman he does not have much impact on the team, he had to rebuild the club.
We are a much more solid club, one in which we are getting investment, all we have gotten up to now is gangesters.
I can undertand criticism and people opinions, that’s what a forum is, but your dismissing Radz and his integrity by calling him out as somebody taking us for a ride at every chance.
I’m not having a go at you btw it’s just I think he needs a decent amount of time to be judged, where you want change now, fair enough, each to their own.
Fair enough Dezzy :tup: we all have different opinions which isn't a bad thing as it creates debate
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:00 pm Last bit is interesting, wonder what he means.
Don't know Cjay :duno:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:45 am Leon, was does a season ticket set you back?

How does it compare with other Championship clubs (if you know)?
I'm a concession so it does save me a fair bit, also on my away tickets & travel too so being an old sod does have it's advantages :) I think I paid about £330 for my S/T

All championship clubs differ with their prices, some of them are quite a variance :shock:
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:56 am Afternoon Norfolk, some very good points there, and yes Radrizzani is the best we have have for 20 years.

However, he got it wrong with TC, and he obviously got it wrong with Heckingbottom, even though there were hundreds of thousands of Leeds fans on social media telling him he was making a big mistake.

He comes across (to me) as half committed, a bit like the players in the second half of the season....
I guess my point on the owner was - be careful what you wish for! His mistakes were ones from which we could recover and there are plenty out there who have got it wrong on the coach / manager appointments over the years and there are sure to be more in the future.

I think Radz is committed in a conservative way ;-) It certainly feels like he has a pot of money allocated to get the club in the PL that he would certainly like to stick within. Although I do think that the recent investment shows that he has re-evlauated what is required and looked to spread the risk a little recognising the fact it may cost more than he first thought. If that plan means no all out financial gamble but leaving a club that is in a solid state for someone with more financial clout that's got to be better than another fire sale of a club in financial melt down again. Like it or not we are still picking up the pieces of the PL financial disaster inflicted on us, for whatever reason other clubs without the history of ours have managed to attract sugar daddy owners and substantial investment and that would have been the only guaranteed shortcut to the long road back we have endured.

p.s. When you said he got it wrong with TC I didn't know whether you meant hiring or sacking ;-) ..... or both (in hindsight :roflmao: )
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:19 pm I'm a concession so it does save me a fair bit, also on my away tickets & travel too so being an old sod does have it's advantages :) I think I paid about £330 for my S/T

All championship clubs differ with their prices, some of them are quite a variance :shock:
About 3 or 4 years ago, we were the most expensive when it came to season tickets (even if it included a pie).

Whats the most expensive you've paid for an away ticket?
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:11 pm Fair enough Dezzy :tup: we all have different opinions which isn't a bad thing as it creates debate
Exactly and I’m sure we all want Radz to come good in the summer of 2018