Championship 18/19

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Championship 18/19 - QPR v West Brom tonight

Post by BGwhite »

All these fine lines, Leeds have to just keep winning, simple as.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Your kidding 2-3.

Anyway we just need to look after ourselves as all results has put the extra pressure on us.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:38 pm Am I pissed off now! 3-2 WBA

Nothing going right for us anymore
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Parachute payments to the rescue
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Can't afford any slip-ups I don't think. These teams are relentless and they score plenty of goals .

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Completes a dreadful set of results.

All our rivals winning.

More injuries, doubts over the fitness of our only striker and young winger.

2 of our rivals made important signings in January, Dowell and Madine and Montero, Holgate and Murphy.

Trying to remain optimistic but wouldn't be the first time poor January windows have biten us in the ass.

Norwich, Blades and WBA arent better teams but they are much much more clinical.

Sigh.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

If we can't beat Bolton by at least 2 or 3 at home we don't deserve an auto position as form wise we are behind the other 3 around us.
The transfer window will come down as our own undoing.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

We just have to win our games. Tall order I know, but that's how it is I'm afraid. Our rivals seem to be getting stronger and we keep getting one injury setback after another. The next few games will tell us a lot about ourselves I think.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm I admire you optimism CJay but I can't believe we will go through the rest of the season unbeaten.
None of the away games are a given except maybe Ipswich but even they have improved their home form.
We always lose at Brentford and Bristol City are flying right now.
But I do hope you're right and I'm wrong.
Tbh if we could be a bit more clinical and had a fully fit squad i think we could comfortably reach 90 points.

But i was being optimistic with my predictions, i dont think we have that sort of form in us anymore unfortunately.

Do worry the lack of depth and clinical nature will cost us, you cant win leagues if you have bottom half conversion.

Fear for us against Blades, Bristol City, WBA and Birmingham, we just arent clinical enough.
Signed

King Cjay

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

If Leeds are still in it after the SU game then they have every chance but my heart and head says play-offs. Faffing about in January will be the root cause.

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Thought me and haighy were the resident MOT pessimists?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:01 pm If Leeds are still in it after the SU game then they have every chance but my heart and head says play-offs.Faffing about in January will be the root cause.

Par for the course where Leeds are concerned

I did warn everyone not to get too excited about the January Window.

We still can achieve a automatic place but my god we don't half make things difficult for ourselves.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

whiteswan wrote:Thought me and haighy were the resident MOT pessimists?
That's me being optimistic so you still wear the crown.

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:30 pm Par for the course where Leeds are concerned

We still can achieve a automatic place but my god we don't half make things difficult for ourselves.
I never got carried away 64....I'm the ultimate pessimist.....along with Haighy.....we shall see.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

It's still in our hands.

Those games against WBA and Sheff Utd are big(ger) now though.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

I might be clutching at straws but I feel that the break we’ve had will have done us good, the players will have had time to rest and think all we need is one big push from now until the end of the season, every game is massive but every game is one step nearer the promised land.
There’s no way we’ll go unbeaten from now until the last match but as long as we’re winning games and not drawing we should be ok. What’s to stop us doing like we did earlier in the season and have 7 straight wins!
We’ve never been in such a good position at this time of year since we were relegated, please LUFC don’t F**k it up now. :victory:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:00 pm Tbh if we could be a bit more clinical and had a fully fit squad i think we could comfortably reach 90 points.

But i was being optimistic with my predictions, i dont think we have that sort of form in us anymore unfortunately.

Do worry the lack of depth and clinical nature will cost us, you cant win leagues if you have bottom half conversion.

Fear for us against Blades, Bristol City, WBA and Birmingham, we just arent clinical enough.
The nail on the head is us being more clinical. We haven't been out of form we simply haven't taken chances (as well as conceding from errors or bad luck). The performances have been just as good (Shots wise, possession etc) as when we were winning.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:30 pm Par for the course where Leeds are concerned

The biggest criteria in the window was an upgrade at keeper and Kiko looks to be that. After that it was doubtful we'd be able to get anyone who could slot straight into the team and be an upgrade. I saw Dan James as more of an impact sub and to be able to rotate with Harrison,Clarke and Pablo as MB does like being able to change wingers.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:46 am The nail on the head is us being more clinical. We haven't been out of form we simply haven't taken chances (as well as conceding from errors or bad luck). The performances have been just as good (Shots wise, possession etc) as when we were winning.
Thats it really.

But in the end that could very well be what costs us promotion.

There is nothing Bielsa can do about that, there is no reason to expect the same players to suddenly become clinical, thats down to individual quality that no amount of coaching is going to help, they either can do it or they cant.

So realistically its down to players who havent been available who are more likely to be able to do it, if they cant we are screwed.

Its that that frustrates me most about our January window.

Bielsa has criticized our finishing all season, logic dictates that was an area we needed improvement, January was a chance to get that extra bit of quality, we failed.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:22 pm Thats it really.

But in the end that could very well be what costs us promotion.

There is nothing Bielsa can do about that, there is no reason to expect the same players to suddenly become clinical, thats down to individual quality that no amount of coaching is going to help, they either can do it or they cant.

So realistically its down to players who havent been available who are more likely to be able to do it, if they cant we are screwed.

Its that that frustrates me most about our January window.

Bielsa has criticized our finishing all season, logic dictates that was an area we needed improvement, January was a chance to get that extra bit of quality, we failed.
The hope for me is that Brown and Bamford can increase our efficiency. Both have that bit of class to be able to convert more chances than those others in their position or create better chances for others. It is the small margins that make so much different, the weight of the pass for example which turns a half chance into a decent chance.

It is however a tricky one to judge because it is always hard to quantify things in terms of simply how many shots a striker needs to score, something Faiip continually points out. Equally would a striker who scored at a more proficient rate than Roofe in the same period of games have made the team better if he hadn't matched Roofe's workrate and not only the chances that Roofe's movement actually create for himself but the workrate off the ball that limits the opposition being able to play out from the back more and create more chances for themselves. An example would be Lasogga who seemed a lot more clinical yet had very limited movement. Was a striker who fitted Bielsa's mould available in the window or did he prefer to rely on Roofe and Bamford?