San Francisco Forty Niners buy 10% of LUFC

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

San Francisco Forty Niners buy 10% of LUFC

Post by The Subhuman »

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: San Francisco Forty Niners buy 10% of LUFC

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Great in for those of you looking for a NFL ball club to support ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

faaip wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:20 am Great in for those of you looking for a NFL ball club to support ...
Yeah, good idea, enjoy madden on ps4, never quite got into watching it though, are they any good?
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

dezzy wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:48 am Yeah, good idea, enjoy madden on ps4, never quite got into watching it though, are they any good?
Not these days . I think they last in their division last time around . In common with LUFC their best days are long gone . I like Pittsburgh Steelers in gridiron , so in a way this link up isn't of much interest to me .
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Not sure they've done much since the days of Montana and Jerry Rice.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Niners are on the upswing, franchise QB in place, a forward thinking HC, some interesting talent both sides of the ball. Rams are better in division right now, another team who were rubbish for years until last season but playoffs should be their target. It's becoming one of the best run teams in the NFL
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Someone posted on another forum

"This 9mill is short change and even Rad won't have given up any meaningful control of lufc for it.
Always follow the long game this relationship is all about Asian tv rights and feck all to do with us.
If they wanted into lufc they would have taken 51% plus".

Not my words I hasten to add but he may not be far off the truth

We await & see !
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Might only be £9M, Leon, but if it buys us two top end championship players, then bring it on. Any investment has to be a positive, and one thing NFL franchises are good at is marketing etc. Whether we like it or not, football is now a business, and I see this 49er dude being on the board as a good thing.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

They've expressly said they don't want to take over the club. Of course they want something out of it. They're not going to give us 10 million for nothing.

If radz is happy to give up 10 per cent of the club for 10 mil transfer money it can only be seen as a good thing
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Know nothing about NFL.

Have read 49ers pay some dude 20plus million a year so 9mil is peanuts to them.

If it gets us cash them I'm all for it.

Full of multi billionaires that area so who knows what may happen in the future.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:20 am Great in for those of you looking for a NFL ball club to support ...
Love the 49'ers faaip, ever since I fell in love with San Francisco in the 80's. I don't understand the game at all ( I have tried ) but always look for the 49'ers result.....so I'm really pleased about this 10%. Hope it's really going to benefit Leeds United though.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Now for us to spend the 10 mill on another

Cibicki
Wiedwald
Klich
Sacko
De Bock
Grot and
Ekuban

😂
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 1:03 pm Might only be £9M, Leon, but if it buys us two top end championship players, then bring it on. Any investment has to be a positive, and one thing NFL franchises are good at is marketing etc. Whether we like it or not, football is now a business, and I see this 49er dude being on the board as a good thing
You would hope so Nick :tup: we've been disappointed so many times in the past so I refuse to a get carried away until I witnessed something positive on the pitch !
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

This can only be a good thing. First of all we got cash in the bank that Radz said will be spent on the first team. Longer term the 49ers are an excellent organization. They're not the Montana/Rice/Young team of the 80's and 90's but they did go to the super bowl a couple of years ago and they have probably the best and most innovative stadium in the NFL right now. They have a great following too which just all goes to show that commercially they've got their act together. It might be nice to see us playing preseason games in California instead of Burma.

Only problem is I'm a Buffalo Bills fan, a team that is a long way from having their act together. Never liked the 49ers either. Despite the new link to my first love, I'm not going to switch NFL teams. But I see nothing but positives for Leeds, positives that should put us ahead of 75% of the teams in the premiership. Everyone fired off on the Burma tour. But after La Liga and the 49ers, it really looks like Radz knows what he's doing.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The thing I'm wary about is that we'll end up like some soulless "soccer" club that appeals to Asia and the US, but we lose what makes us Leeds. The new badge is one example. I'm all for bringing in more funding, but not to lose our heritage for it. I always said if we became like Chelsea or Man City, I'd stop watching football.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip - you'll have to change your Raiders like avatar !!

(not sure where the Raiders are these LA, Oakland or is it Las Vegas ??)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Still Oakland for at least the 18 season, not sure where in 19 then 20 it's Vegas for sure...Always be Oakland to me and a fan since 1980
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:17 pm Still Oakland for at least the 18 season, not sure where in 19 then 20 it's Vegas for sure...Always be Oakland to me and a fan since 1980
The only American football game I've seen (when living just outside London) was the LA Raiders against the New Orleans Saints in the American Bowl game at (the old) Wembley. To be honest I can't even remember who won.........the highlight of the event was the Raiders cheerleaders ;-)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:29 pm This can only be a good thing. First of all we got cash in the bank that Radz said will be spent on the first team. Longer term the 49ers are an excellent organization. They're not the Montana/Rice/Young team of the 80's and 90's but they did go to the super bowl a couple of years ago and they have probably the best and most innovative stadium in the NFL right now. They have a great following too which just all goes to show that commercially they've got their act together. It might be nice to see us playing preseason games in California instead of Burma.

Only problem is I'm a Buffalo Bills fan, a team that is a long way from having their act together. Never liked the 49ers either. Despite the new link to my first love, I'm not going to switch NFL teams. But I see nothing but positives for Leeds, positives that should put us ahead of 75% of the teams in the premiership. Everyone fired off on the Burma tour. But after La Liga and the 49ers, it really looks like Radz knows what he's doing.
I like the Falcons new stadium and am itching to see the new Raider stadium. Bills are ok McDermott is a decent defensive HC but I think they blew the Allen call, really didn't like that pick for them. Benjamin is big unit to have though, Zay unfortunately injured again but I have high hopes.

Shady isn't getting any younger is he? He's going to fall off a cliff soon. Dez is out there, maybe worth a look see