The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 22 May)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 22 May)

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm also going to say if he does go he never got a fair shot. If he does go I won't lose any sleep. Next man up whomever it is
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:48 pm Confidence was gone, injuries mounted up. Basically if it were a car the engine had blown, the brakes were shot and the CD player had a CD stuck inside (best analogy I could come up with for Lassoga) and he was pushing it over the finishing line.

Listen, not saying he's a good manager, not saying we shouldn't look for better but cannot agree that that season was down to him. He did as well as could be expected in the circumstances.
I agree :tup:
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Ok, so not all Feckingarse's fault, I don't think anyone's claiming that he it was, but he did nothing to steady the ship, which was surely the minimum expected of him when he took over. Folk say players weren't performing, let him down etc, but why was that? Didn't they rate him (understandable given his constant blaming of all bar himself)? Couldn't he inspire them to perform better? Are they just bad players? Dress it up how you like, but we got worse under him. And before anyone says it, maybe we would have under TC as well. Point is that, imo, we should be aiming for someone other than a coach/manager who had relegation form at two clubs in one season.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:21 pm Ok, so not all Feckingarse's fault, I don't think anyone's claiming that he it was, but he did nothing to steady the ship, which was surely the minimum expected of him when he took over. Folk say players weren't performing, let him down etc, but why was that? Didn't they rate him (understandable given his constant blaming of all bar himself)? Couldn't he inspire them to perform better? Are they just bad players? Dress it up how you like, but we got worse under him. And before anyone says it, maybe we would have under TC as well. Point is that, imo, we should be aiming for someone other than a coach/manager who had relegation form at two clubs in one season.
Unfortunately Nick the DOF system Radz implemented limits our chances of employing a decent coach. Many top managers will refuse to work under the current system deployed so in other words we are snookered unless we strike lucky !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

No to Carvalhal . Better then Hecky but that goes for almost anyone in the Championship right now.

Gunn be a decent signing but rather we signed someone permanently, Daniel Bentley imo.

Not Stockdale, expensive, overweight and hasnt that good a record in this league apart from one or two seasons.

Vieira needs rest.

Beckford all day long.

Need a big name manager, used to DOFs, with pull to attract good players and able to stand up to Orta.

Quique Sanchez Flores. Mates with Ivan Bravo, knows Pablo Hernandez, good reputation.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:30 pm Unfortunately Nick the DOF system Radz implemented limits our chances of employing a decent coach. Many top managers will refuse to work under the current system deployed so in other words we are snookered unless we strike lucky !
All the top coaches work under a DoF. Of the top 6 in the Premiership, only Arsenal (under Wenger) did not have a DoF, and that is likely to change if they bring in Emery from PSG. It is all the old fashioned merrrygoround managers who don't. We have to keep up with the times if we want to succeed.
Last edited by Gandalf on Tue May 22, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:21 pm Ok, so not all Feckingarse's fault, I don't think anyone's claiming that he it was, but he did nothing to steady the ship, which was surely the minimum expected of him when he took over. Folk say players weren't performing, let him down etc, but why was that? Didn't they rate him (understandable given his constant blaming of all bar himself)? Couldn't he inspire them to perform better? Are they just bad players? Dress it up how you like, but we got worse under him. And before anyone says it, maybe we would have under TC as well. Point is that, imo, we should be aiming for someone other than a coach/manager who had relegation form at two clubs in one season.
I think he did, football began to improve, fitness levels began to improve. I'm not saying players let him down, don't think they did. What we had was a combination of factors. Poor confidence, injuries, new manager trying to understand what he had, tactical alterations and last but not least a sense the season had gone and there was little to play for.

There were really off the ball performances I'll grant you (Norwich I'm told) but those can happen at anytime to any team...How would you analyse Wolves last game?

Again this doesn't mean I'm a Heck fan it just means he wasn't the problem last season. Sign Gary Rowatt tomorrow and you won't find me whining about how he should have been given longer. I won't be starting a Heckingbottom watch thread.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Gandalf wrote:

All the top managers work under a DoF. Of the top 6 in the Premiership, only Arsenal (under Wenger) did not have a DoF, and that is likely to change if they bring in Emery from PSG. It is all the old fashioned merrrygoround managers who don't. We have to keep up with the times if we want to succeed.
You've obviously researched it Gandi so I agree with that.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:07 pm All the top coaches work under a DoF. Of the top 6 in the Premiership, only Arsenal (under Wenger) did not have a DoF, and that is likely to change if they bring in Emery from PSG. It is all the old fashioned merrrygoround managers who don't. We have to keep up with the times if we want to succeed.
Is there evidence of the DOF system working in the championship or the lower leagues ?

I'm all for looking forward if DOF brings us success
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:01 pm Is there evidence of the DOF system working in the championship or the lower leagues ?

I'm all for looking forward if DOF brings us success
Well, Wolves, Villa, Fulham and Derby do, and they didn't do too badly this season. Cardiff did have one but he resigned after two months with Warnock the dinosaur.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!