Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 21 May)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

It seems Carpi president Stefano Bonacini is desperate to offload Jerry Mbakogu to Leeds

Speaking to an Italian radio station, Bonacini said: "Mbakogu should go to Leeds.

"He deserves a chance on an important stage – the second tier in England is not the Italian Serie B.

"He is ready to have an adventure in England."

According to the Scottish Sun, Leeds are in the hunt for Hibernian 23 yo midfielder John McGinn.

Celtic and Rangers are also after his signature, which will almost definately push the price up.

Hib want in the region of 5m, Leeds believe the fee should be half that.

Villa, Leeds United and Rangers are all in the hunt for 21-year-old Harry Wilson.

The winger was on loan at Hull last season.

What does everyone think of Elland Road being turned into a boxing ring last weekend?

Should we expect more of the same in the future?

Is it good for the club / City?

hypothetically, which of the following tqo players would you pick (if you could) to play for Leeds?

Strachan or Speed?
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Morning !!

Of course he wants to offload him - that’s a lot of cash for a distinctly average player. He’s ptobably close to driving him here himself.

I’m not sure how much is true with a lot of the linked signings however it can only be a good thing that we’re linked with a lot of domestic players.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 21 May)

Post by HarryofOz »

G'day, no comment on those transfer targets - I know nothing about them.

Strachan
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Jerry and his president can do one. Either the club is desperate for money or they want rid cos he's not very good. My money's on a combination of both!

CH, striker and keeper should be our main priorities, we're overburdened with midfielders

I watched the fight on Saturday night, ER looked good and it will have made the club a tidy packet. Why not, I say

Strachan
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Brader wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:37 am Morning !!

Of course he wants to offload him - that’s a lot of cash for a distinctly average player. He’s ptobably close to driving him here himself.

I’m not sure how much is true with a lot of the linked signings however it can only be a good thing that we’re linked with a lot of domestic players.
Morning Brader, the only Serie B player that ever came good was Antenucci, and he's still banging them in, in a very average SPAL side in Serie A. He scored 11 times, and 7 assists. We could have done with him last season.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

HarryofOz wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:49 am G'day, no comment on those transfer targets - I know nothing about them.

Strachan
Evening Harry, close call between Strachan and Speed I'd say.

The Hibs guy sounds good, but we know what the Scottish league is like!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

lufc1304 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:18 am Jerry and his president can do one. Either the club is desperate for money or they want rid cos he's not very good. My money's on a combination of both!

CH, striker and keeper should be our main priorities, we're overburdened with midfielders

I watched the fight on Saturday night, ER looked good and it will have made the club a tidy packet. Why not, I say

Strachan
Morning 1304, the agreement with Carpi is nothing more than a gentleman's agreement!

Ahh, but a midfielder that can keep the ball?

Yes, if Rad's making money off ER, that's more money he could invest!
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:56 am Morning 1304, the agreement with Carpi is nothing more than a gentleman's agreement!

Ahh, but a midfielder that can keep the ball?

Yes, if Rad's making money off ER, that's more money he could invest!
Morning Ell,

Really hope we don't buy him, we need better than a Serie B striker

Forshaw and Vieira can both do that. Maybe the young Wilson lad but, with all due respect to Scottish football, we need better than that too.

Isn't he on record as saying third party income will be ploughed back into the club?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

lufc1304 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:07 am Morning Ell,

Really hope we don't buy him, we need better than a Serie B striker

Forshaw and Vieira can both do that. Maybe the young Wilson lad but, with all due respect to Scottish football, we need better than that too.

Isn't he on record as saying third party income will be ploughed back into the club?
When you look at our midfield, they seriously under performed last season
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:07 am Good Morning Everyone

It seems Carpi president Stefano Bonacini is desperate to offload Jerry Mbakogu to Leeds
Speaking to an Italian radio station, Bonacini said: "Mbakogu should go to Leeds.
"He deserves a chance on an important stage – the second tier in England is not the Italian Serie B.
"He is ready to have an adventure in England."

According to the Scottish Sun, Leeds are in the hunt for Hibernian 23 yo midfielder John McGinn.
Celtic and Rangers are also after his signature, which will almost definately push the price up.
Hib want in the region of 5m, Leeds believe the fee should be half that.
Villa, Leeds United and Rangers are all in the hunt for 21-year-old Harry Wilson.
The winger was on loan at Hull last season
Difficult to assess as I haven't seen enough of these supposed targets. Hull fans rate Wilson, also three of them told me last week that their striker Hernandez is up & down and you're welcome to him
Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:07 am What does everyone think of Elland Road being turned into a boxing ring last weekend?
Should we expect more of the same in the future?
Is it good for the club / City?
Don't get me started on that subject again :chair:
Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:07 am hypothetically, which of the following tqo players would you pick (if you could) to play for Leeds?
Strachan or Speed?
Strachan without a shadow of a doubt, just behind our midfield greats of the 70's

Good morning Matt
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:08 am When you look at our midfield, they seriously under performed last season
But was that lack of talent, or was it circumstance or the constant fiddling with formation and personal...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:18 am But was that lack of talent, or was it circumstance or the constant fiddling with formation and personal...
No pace, no energy, few goals, struggled to win 50/50 balls, unable to retain the ball for long periods & didn't move the ball quick enough

Pretty poor imo !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chatting to two fans in their Leeds tops ( one in his 80's) whilst grocery shopping with Mrs 64 yesterday morning.

They go to all the games & like me sounded despondent saying "more of the same to come" :(
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:23 am No pace, no energy, few goals, struggled to win 50/50 balls, unable to retain the ball for long periods & didn't move the ball quick enough

Pretty poor imo !
energy is a coaching and fitness thing. They were probably not coached well until Heck arrived. Think I can count on the fingers of no hands how many times Klich/Forshaw/Vierra started the same game.

Saiz is short area quick, Roofe and Alioski have pace. Vierra isn't slow.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:15 am Difficult to assess as I haven't seen enough of these supposedly target. Hull fans rate Wilson, also three of them told me last week that their striker Hernandez is up & down

Don't get me started on that subject again :chair:

Strachan without a shadow of a doubt, just behind our midfield greats of the 70's

Good morning Matt
Good Afternoon Leon :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:18 am But was that lack of talent, or was it circumstance or the constant fiddling with formation and personal...
Afternoon Faaip,

If you'd had asked me how a midfield made up of Saiz, Hernandez, Phillips, Viera, Forshaw and Alioski. I would have said top 5 (beginning of last season).

Afterwards, I would have said bottom 6.

Is that too harsh?

On paper, our midfield is much better than they performed, surely?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:41 am energy is a coaching and fitness thing. They were probably not coached well until Heck arrived. Think I can count on the fingers of no hands how many times Klich/Forshaw/Vierra started the same game.

Saiz is short area quick, Roofe and Alioski have pace. Vierra isn't slow.
They are nowhere near as quick or break in unison as the top teams are, when they did move upfield they chose the wrong options far too often, Saiz & Alioski were the chief culprits before falling to the ground waving their arms in the air. Vieira & Phillips should be winning more 50/50 balls as Forshaw does when he plays

These links are not far off the mark

2017/18 Championship midfielders

Only one Leeds midfielder, three ex-Leeds players though

https://www.futwiz.com/en/fifa18/league ... lders/14/0

2017/18 Championship players

Not one Leeds player, once again three ex-Leeds players in there !

https://www.futhead.com/18/leagues/efl-championship/
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:24 am Afternoon Faaip,

If you'd had asked me how a midfield made up of Saiz, Hernandez, Phillips, Viera, Forshaw and Alioski. I would have said top 5 (beginning of last season).

Afterwards, I would have said bottom 6.

Is that too harsh?

On paper, our midfield is much better than they performed, surely?
Not at all Matt, they are all much of a muchness whom struggle to break down decent championship defences & create enough chances to win games. Not one of them can get round the back of the opposition & hurt defences, if they do on the rare occasions their delivery into the box is very suspect to our non-existent strikers
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

^^^ forshaw and klich weren't at the club at the same time so they couldn't play together. klich is useless anyway.

I'd personally get rid of Saiz too if a decent big came in for him. He's 27 now, not going to improve, and has shown this season how inconsistent he is - one flash of brilliance for every two times he gives the ball away.

Let hernandez play in the role behind a new striker. Forshaw, Vierra, Phillips and another new centre mid fighting it out for the two centre mid places. Would like two new wingers - get rid of Dallas and Sacko. Have Alioski, and the two new wingers, with Roofe as cover for wingers and striker.

Get a new centre back in. Have cooper and then oshaughnessy as cover, ayling right back, get a new left back (get rid of de bock), pearce as cover for left back, berardi cover at right back. BPF as reserve GK, get a new keeper in.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:53 am ^^^ forshaw and klich weren't at the club at the same time so they couldn't play together. klich is useless anyway.

I'd personally get rid of Saiz too if a decent big came in for him. He's 27 now, not going to improve, and has shown this season how inconsistent he is - one flash of brilliance for every two times he gives the ball away.

Let hernandez play in the role behind a new striker. Forshaw, Vierra, Phillips and another new centre mid fighting it out for the two centre mid places. Would like two new wingers - get rid of Dallas and Sacko. Have Alioski, and the two new wingers, with Roofe as cover for wingers and striker.

Get a new centre back in. Have cooper and then oshaughnessy as cover, ayling right back, get a new left back (get rid of de bock), pearce as cover for left back, berardi cover at right back. BPF as reserve GK, get a new keeper in.
Much repair work required as oppose to this last year when minimal replacements were needed until..............................