Radz Questions.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Radz Questions.

Post by Cjay »

With the season over the time has come for Radz to explain himself imo.

A number of subjects need answers.

1) What benefit is there to Leeds United FC from this tour of Myanmar?
2) Its financed by a very controversial figure, a quick Google brings up many unsavoury things about Zaw Zaw, how does Radz condone doing business with such a person?
3) Will Radz publicly condemn the atrocities that have and are happening in this country?
4) Moving on to this/last season, his thoughts on it? What went wrong etc?
5) Does Victor Orta maintain his full support? If so why?
6) Radz maintained till late in the season that we had a top 6 squad, he then condemned the players, by association does this not mean Victor Orta failed in his pre season objectives?
7) What was the logic behind sacking TC and appointing Heckingbottom?
8) What were the objectives Paul was given upon his appointment?
9) Given Angus Kinnear said 3 days before Heckingbottom arrived that "we have a top 6 squad" surely Paul was brought in to rejuvenate our push for the playoffs?
10) If Hecky wasnt tasked with getting us top 6 why was TC sacked in the first place?
11)Does Paul Heckingbottom still have Radz full support? If so why given he is responsible for 40% of our loses despite managing just 34% of our games?
12) If Heckingbottom remains will he change his playing style to fit the ideology of the Barcelona replication?
13) By Radz's own admission the aim was "top 6", on that basis this season has fallen below expectations, who is responsible?
14) What lessons have been learned ?
15) Will Radz be financing a significant investment in the 1st team this season?
16) Will the recruitment strategy be changed as in more British based?
17) Is Radz willing to lower season ticket prices given they were marketed last season on the promise of a playoff push that never happened?
18) What is the aim for next season?
19) In year 2 of his 5 year plan, are we on schedule?

Cant think of anymore.

What would others ask?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Radz Questions.

Post by 1964white »

Who is our next owner :roflmao:
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

Are our new minority investors based in Myanmar? If so, was this the real reason for this tour?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

When do we start thinking big ?
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Nothing is going to happen until we come back from this silly tour. I think then it will become apparent very quickly what direction AR is taking us in. I've no desire to turn this into a PH thread, but my own view is that if we persist with him, that will be a distinct lack of ambition or thinking big. A 'name' manager (not off the merry-go-round) and a couple of marquee signings, relatively speaking (I don't mean Messi and Salah!!), would go a long way to reassuring the fan base that lessons have been learnt. We shall see!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
hector

Post by hector »

I don't think anything will happen with this owner.... I think he is going to be like Cellino, suddenly realise that he has bitten off more than he can chew, and sell the club, possibly to the guy who has just dipped his toe in the water and bought 10%....

So I think we are 2 managers away and 1 owner away from the start of the rise.......

Remember you read it here first........
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Hopefully with the business done over the summer Radz gets cut some slack, find it strange the perception some have towards him in praticular.
I personally would be neutral towards an owner unless he did something really good, or really bad, for me Radz has had a lot to do with lots of positives the one failure was the teams form post Christmas.
He’s only had sole control of the club for a year, what do people expect?
Wood and Taylor were never going to stay once the premiership came calling, to those who find him a menace to Leeds, could you tell me the break down in payments in the transfer fees and costs we had to pay, football is a massive business, which every aspect of the club has a cost too it, I really can’t see why he’s disliked so much, by a minority.
The current trip is indefensible, but clearly a PR move to make money for the club and expand our brand through the back door in Asia, which is wrong.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:05 am I don't think anything will happen with this owner.... I think he is going to be like Cellino, suddenly realise that he has bitten off more than he can chew, and sell the club, possibly to the guy who has just dipped his toe in the water and bought 10%....

So I think we are 2 managers away and 1 owner away from the start of the rise.......

Remember you read it here first........
Could be another depressing 5 years Hector, maybe more :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:07 am Hopefully with the business done over the summer Radz gets cut some slack, find it strange the perception some have towards him in praticular.
I personally would be neutral towards an owner unless he did something really good, or really bad, for me Radz has had a lot to do with lots of positives the one failure was the teams form post Christmas.
He’s only had sole control of the club for a year, what do people expect?
Wood and Taylor were never going to stay once the premiership came calling, to those who find him a menace to Leeds, could you tell me the break down in payments in the transfer fees and costs we had to pay, football is a massive business, which every aspect of the club has a cost too it, I really can’t see why he’s disliked so much, by a minority.
The current trip is indefensible, but clearly a PR move to make money for the club and expand our brand through the back door in Asia, which is wrong.
Implementing the DOF system which immediately waved Monk out of his job

Employing Orta who failed at Middlesbro'

Selling our best players including Doukara who was much more effective than Grot, Ekuban & the lazy German lump could ever be.

The scatter gun approach failed miserably

Captain fiasco

Nowhere near enough activity done in the January window

Signed three players in the Jan window who were crocked....did they have medicals ?

Loaning new signings out to clubs, who does he think we are ?.......Barcelona/Chelsea?

Replacing our best players with inferior types

Employing inexperienced managers/coaches with no great track record

Handing out lucrative 4/5 year contracts to average players

Spending monies in other areas of the club rather than the first-team squad where it matters on the pitch

The badge

Silly tinpot club mentality waving pieces of paper/flags about such as the likes of Preston/League 1/2 clubs. My god if we become a happy clapper club I'd consider giving up....We're Leeds & we are proud of it

Waste of resources sending our lazy bunch training in Spain for a week which made no difference, in fact they came back worse. Should have sent them to Scarborough for a week

Myanmar farce

Our general performances/results, crap in the main

Our final league position

We just missed out on the play-offs last season only three players short imo!....now we are a million miles away once again

Hell I could go on.......
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

1964white wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:53 am
Hell I could go on.......
And I was almost about to breave a sigh of relief...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

fred wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:23 am And I was almost about to breave a sigh of relief...
Some folk don't see the mess Fred

I've not seen us win away in 12 games since our fortunate win at relegated Burton on Boxing day 2017,
that tells you bad we are & the problems created by Mr Moneybags :(
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Radz is, as Dezzy suggests, still learning the ropes so I too think its harsh to judge him negatively over a single year. He's made mistakes, undoubtedly, but running a football club is unlike any other business he may have been involved in. I don't think he's a stupid man, so I'm hoping he's going to learn from the mistakes he's made and look to address them. To put it into some kind of perspective, Man City did not become the dominant force they currently are as soon as they were bought over by oil-rich owners, it took time. There is no quick fix in football or, if there is, it isn't sustainable. Our notoriously impatient fans need to temper their expectations and try and see the bigger picture. Through Cellino's good work, the ship is now sailing in much steadier financial waters to the point where we are hopefully ready to start speculating. But I don't think anyone believes we should or could be going down the Wolves route, that would be suicidal.

This summer will hopefully gives us some clues as to the direction we're going to go under Radz. If it's more of the same, then questions have to be asked as to whether he is the man to take us forward. But I'm going to be positive and say that he will placate and surprise the nay-sayers
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:05 pm Radz is, as Dezzy suggests, still learning the ropes so I too think its harsh to judge him negatively over a single year. He's made mistakes, undoubtedly, but running a football club is unlike any other business he may have been involved in. I don't think he's a stupid man, so I'm hoping he's going to learn from the mistakes he's made and look to address them. To put it into some kind of perspective, Man City did not become the dominant force they currently are as soon as they were bought over by oil-rich owners, it took time. There is no quick fix in football or, if there is, it isn't sustainable. Our notoriously impatient fans need to temper their expectations and try and see the bigger picture. Through Cellino's good work, the ship is now sailing in much steadier financial waters to the point where we are hopefully ready to start speculating. But I don't think anyone believes we should or could be going down the Wolves route, that would be suicidal.

This summer will hopefully gives us some clues as to the direction we're going to go under Radz. If it's more of the same, then questions have to be asked as to whether he is the man to take us forward. But I'm going to be positive and say that he will placate and surprise the nay-sayers
Thank god I didn't make so many mistakes in my managerial career, I'd have been out of the door as quick as I walked in. Good management teams don't make so many errors in a such a short space of time.

Even as fans you & I could have advised him what was required at the end of last season for us to achieve the necessary progression, of course he wouldn't have listened to us two novices but to make a pigs ear of last seasons magnitude with his business accruement is nothing short of a major disappointment.

As you say lets hope Radz has learned from the errors of his ways
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:05 pm Radz is, as Dezzy suggests, still learning the ropes so I too think its harsh to judge him negatively over a single year. He's made mistakes, undoubtedly, but running a football club is unlike any other business he may have been involved in. I don't think he's a stupid man, so I'm hoping he's going to learn from the mistakes he's made and look to address them. To put it into some kind of perspective, Man City did not become the dominant force they currently are as soon as they were bought over by oil-rich owners, it took time. There is no quick fix in football or, if there is, it isn't sustainable. Our notoriously impatient fans need to temper their expectations and try and see the bigger picture. Through Cellino's good work, the ship is now sailing in much steadier financial waters to the point where we are hopefully ready to start speculating. But I don't think anyone believes we should or could be going down the Wolves route, that would be suicidal.

Well said. Like you I’m not one to cast early judgements, mistakes happen, Win or learn, as a famous Irish coach likes to say.
As for 64s response, can’t deny he has made mistakes, but I genuinely believe we are better equipped going into this summer than we were last year.
Wood was not going to turn down the Premiership, Taylor had his mind made up long before he left, Monk leaving is a mystery, and terrible for the club in hindsight.
We are not Wolves, but where did they finish last season?
I can totally see people’s frustrations, don’t we all want a strong team, how many were praising the work of the board early into their reign?
Orta is a stick people like to beat Radz with, he’s an employee along with Kinnear to run the football side of the club, Radz is keeping faith in them, giving them another go, he’s a very successful business man, he’s not here for his love of Leeds, what owner is? He’s here to make money, what’s the best way to do that? Take us up, that’s his goal, but the way the club was run before he took over, it would have crumbled in the premier leauge, a good club, to be a success has to have solid foundations, did Leeds have that 18 months ago? No way, did we finish higher than we did this year yes, but where were we as a club?
I’m far from a blind Radz supporter, if he sold up in the morning, moved onto his next project, I wouldn’t be bothered, let’s see what the next guy can do, but he’s not, he’s going to back his vision and all the talk was about the coming season.
I admire people’s passion for our club, but some people have made their minds up about our owner far too quickly, mistakes happen, it’s life, but who could do better?
Bates, GFH, Cellino, they are a tough act to follow.
What happens if we make four good signings in the summer, the fairy dust, our fairies need to make them a team, we get a better manager in? What will people think then?
What if he sells Saiz, Pontus, Pablo, to balance the books and we go down next season?
It’s all speculation, so my suggestion is hold tough on such hardline opinions on something which is only a year in.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm not sure we can say Orta failed at Middlesborough
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

faaip wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 2:29 pm I'm not sure we can say Orta failed at Middlesborough
Agree, he’s a strange one, clearly highly regarded, but hasn’t delivered much yet, here or at Boro, next season will tell