Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 8 May)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 8 May)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Cardiff City have joined Wolves in the promised land!

Has Warnock pulled off a master stroke considering the tools at his disposal?

Why couldn't Colin do the same for us back in 2012/13.

To rub salt into the wound Sol Bamba was one of their best players, and has made it into many best Championship XI's.

We are talking about a player so low on confidence that Leeds did not want him even sitting anywhere near the bench!!

Why???

It looks likely that Stoke, West Brom and either Swansea or Huddersfield will be playing in the Championship next season.

Would you say these teams are stronger or weaker then Hull, Boro and Sunderland.

They say getting out of the Championship is the hardest thing in the World. Sunderland made it look easy!!!

Who's your tip for the Championship play offs?

Boro

Villa

Fulham

Derby

Who would you not like to go up?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 8 May)

Post by HarryofOz »

Colin's acquisitions at Leeds were mostly ordinary. Though again you could argue that he should have been given more time.

I think all those teams - if they keep hold of their players - will be competitive. Better than Sunderland and Hull probably. Maybe around the Boro level or a bit stronger. Except maybe Stoke.

I think it will be between Villa and Fulham. It wouldn't bother me whichever of the four go up. I'm indifferent to each of them.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

HarryofOz wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:50 am Colin's acquisitions at Leeds were mostly ordinary. Though again you could argue that he should have been given more time.

I think all those teams - if they keep hold of their players - will be competitive. Better than Sunderland and Hull probably. Maybe around the Boro level or a bit stronger. Except maybe Stoke.

I think it will be between Villa and Fulham. It wouldn't bother me whichever of the four go up. I'm indifferent to each of them.
Evening Harry, I like most thought Harry was past it. There's life in the old dog yet. It will be interesting to see what kind of chance he's given in the Prem?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:53 am Evening Harry, I like most thought Harry was past it. There's life in the old dog yet. It will be interesting to see what kind of chance he's given in the Prem?
Hi EB, I am past it mate :)

I reckon he'll struggle in the top flight. and won't last the season. But then he'll get another job trying to get a team promoted out of the Championship.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Good morning Matt

Warnock wasn't backed by Bates in his time at Leeds which didn't help his cause. Any decent player was sold, losing Jonny Howson was criminal especially as he didn't want to leave Leeds, Jonny's brother still follows Leeds home & away, travels with the Fullerton branch I believe !

Stoke, West Brom and either Swansea or Huddersfield could all struggle next season

Fulham deserve to go up but I have an awful feeling they came too late with their magnificent run & may have peaked too early if that makes sense, they could freeze again in the play-offs.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Boro' go up under the guidance of Pulis
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Morning Leon, you could be right about those teams struggling next season. Who expected Sunderland to go down?

Somebody else made an interesting point saying they hope Boro go up, otherwise they can see Boro dominating the Championship next season whilst the other teams are beatable...

Do Villa NEED to go up? They have spent heavily!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Simon Grayson has quit Bradford. Who would take him?
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:18 pm Simon Grayson has quit Bradford. Who would take him?
Not me - his stock must be pretty low at the moment. Can see him being at another L1 outfit........Barnsley????

p.s. I fancy Boro for the P/Os.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:29 pm Not me - his stock must be pretty low at the moment. Can see him being at another L1 outfit........Barnsley????

p.s. I fancy Boro for the P/Os.
Evening Norfolk, I always liked Grayson. Gutted Bates did not invest at the time. He could have made himself a legend.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:18 pm Simon Grayson has quit Bradford. Who would take him?
Not for me.

Teams cant defend, none of them.

Tactically limited coach put on a pedestal because he got us promoted.

He is basically our version of Heckingbottom.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Cjay wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:24 pm Not for me.

Teams cant defend, none of them.

Tactically limited coach put on a pedestal because he got us promoted.

He is basically our version of Heckingbottom.
Evening Cjay, surely better then what we have had lately though?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:42 pm Evening Cjay, surely better then what we have had lately though?
Evening El.

Like for like imo.

2 average lower league managers living off brief past glories.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Regarding Sol Bamba, Tom Lees et al, I often wonder if our plentiful supply of boo-boys had anything to do with their poor showing with us, or could they have been better than we thought and were actually driven away by fan negativity. I hear much negativity of our players from time to time, and consider the way to encourage people to play better is actually to praise and encourage, not by booing them. I don't like the booing of any performer regardless of the activity - it shows ignorance and stupidity on the part of those booing. These are human beings and are not going to be driven to perform better by hearing that negativity - just my view.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Not for me Matt.....always felt like we needed two or three goals to win under Grayson

He has become a journeyman, his next port of call could be Barnsley. League One if his level
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:09 pm Evening Norfolk, I always liked Grayson. Gutted Bates did not invest at the time. He could have made himself a legend.
Yep - could probably have pushed on with a bit of cash......sound familiar :duno:
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 4:47 am Yep - could probably have pushed on with a bit of cash......sound familiar :duno:
Indeed, though to be fair nobody (well perhaps GFH) were as bad as Bates.