Barnsley manager gone

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Barnsley manager gone

Post by 1964white »

Jose Morais leaves the Tykes after their relegation to League One

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44023821
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: Barnsley manager gone

Post by Ratscoot »

1964white wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:42 am Jose Morais leaves the Tykes after their relegation to League One

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44023821
Yes yes oh no sorry you didn’t mean By a Heck :shock:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:16 am Yes yes oh no sorry you didn’t mean By a Heck :shock:
Appears the Barnsley board adopted a similar style of top level management as Leeds, it backfired on them more severely than us & they have suffered the consequences as will be the case next season for LUFC if Radz doesn't allow our coach/manager to control what goes on at pitch level or back him financially of course !

Radz & his sidekick have shown this season they haven't got a clue what is required to achieve promotion from the championship to the premiership

The summer months will be telling............
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

I heard Radz said they can have Heckingbottom back for 500 grand.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Lets hope Radz has the sense to admit hus mistake.

"Not his squad", "didnt have long, needed more time"etc etc.

You bring a manager in they have objectives to meet.
Jose Morais was brought in the save Barnsley from relegation- He failed and was sacked for not doing his job.
Hecky was brought in to get us back into the top 6 (no matter what has been said since that has to be the reason) , he failed spectacularly, he has to be sacked otherwise its rewarding failure.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Don't agree that not sacking hecky is "rewarding failure". It's about giving him sufficient time and resources to achieve the goals that he has been set
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

danhirons wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:30 pm Don't agree that not sacking hecky is "rewarding failure". It's about giving him sufficient time and resources to achieve the goals that he has been set
You are joking, aren't you, Dan? Feckingarse had relegation form at two clubs in the one season and you want thim to be backed, not sacked? You and I are on very different pages where that clown is concerned.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:30 pm Don't agree that not sacking hecky is "rewarding failure". It's about giving him sufficient time and resources to achieve the goals that he has been set
How much time?

How much money?

There has to be a limit to everything.

Do we take a risk on Heckingbottom, let him bring his own players in like Barnsley did to replace Lee Johnsons players?

Barnsley did that, admittedly not tons of cash but some and as Heckingbottom brought in his players and Lee Johnsons slowly were sold Barnsley got progressively worse.

To give Hecky time is taking a huge risk on a manager with no track record in building a side above relegation level.

Sadly Heckingbottom has never built a side of any quality, Barnsley squad that got promoted wasnt his, the Barnsley squad that were top half in 2017 wasnt his.

The Barnsley squad now, thats his.
Signed

King Cjay

danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

lufc1304 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:47 pm You are joking, aren't you, Dan? Feckingarse had relegation form at two clubs in the one season and you want thim to be backed, not sacked? You and I are on very different pages where that clown is concerned.
Well he left with Barnsley outside of the relegation zone (a decent job in itself imo given their budget) and at Leeds took over a tumbling team that isn't his. Fair enough calling him a clown but at the end of the day he got barnsley promoted and kept them up on a very small budget in his first few managerial seasons...
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:04 pm How much time?

How much money?

There has to be a limit to everything.

Do we take a risk on Heckingbottom, let him bring his own players in like Barnsley did to replace Lee Johnsons players?

Barnsley did that, admittedly not tons of cash but some and as Heckingbottom brought in his players and Lee Johnsons slowly were sold Barnsley got progressively worse.

To give Hecky time is taking a huge risk on a manager with no track record in building a side above relegation level.

Sadly Heckingbottom has never built a side of any quality, Barnsley squad that got promoted wasnt his, the Barnsley squad that were top half in 2017 wasnt his.

The Barnsley squad now, thats his.
More time than about 15 games or whatever it is and more money than the zero he has had to spend!

He took over a league one team and converted them into a championship side and so I'm not sure how you can say he built a progressively worse side...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:04 pm
Barnsley did that, admittedly not tons of cash but some and as Heckingbottom brought in his players and Lee Johnsons slowly were sold Barnsley got progressively worse
I believe you have twisted your sentences around Cjay

Just like the Leeds board, the Barnsley owners sold all their best players for millions then told Hecky to find replacements on a pittance, in fact I think his signings were mainly freebies so is it any wonder they got worse. Their 2016/17 tykes team was very good, they battered us at Oakwell, their 2017/18 team would struggle to beat a rice pudding, ironically even though that was one of the worst Barnsley teams I've seen they were never in the bottom three under Hecky

I keep insisting unless we appoint someone better such as Silva or Bilic it's pointless sacking him.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Agree. Sacking him would bring further turmoil and uncertainty. Only if a really proven better option appeared on the horizon
sacking him would have any degree of legitimation. Anything else would be the same f**king madness as we`ve seen in the last x years.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:58 pm More time than about 15 games or whatever it is and more money than the zero he has had to spend!

He took over a league one team and converted them into a championship side and so I'm not sure how you can say he built a progressively worse side...
Also won the Football League Trophy (JPT) & the following season battered Monk's side at Oakwell
1964white

Post by 1964white »

fred wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:15 pm Agree. Sacking him would bring further turmoil and uncertainty. Only if a really proven better option appeared on the horizon
sacking him would have any degree of legitimation. Anything else would be the same f**king madness as we`ve seen in the last x years.
Indeed
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

By the way my post wasn't meant to be a praise post about hecky doing a great job here so far because he hasn't performed well here yet. More that I personally feel he should be given the summer and at least one transfer window of his own before being judged properly and worthy of being sacked. As others have said, if a top quality, perfect for the role, manager was available now then maybe it would be worth sacking hecky prematurely - but I don't think any such manager is available.

I think we will stick with hecky tbh, that's my gut feeling. My gut feeling is that how we perform next season will massively depend on who we recruit this summer. Perhaps a downside would be that players like barkley may be wary signing for us with hecky as manager...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:58 pm More time than about 15 games or whatever it is and more money than the zero he has had to spend!

And they are back in league 1 now.

The side he took up wasnt his, it was Lee Johnson..
Signed

King Cjay

fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:54 pm And they are back in league 1 now.

The side he took up wasnt his, it was Lee Johnson..
Change the record....yawn.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:04 pm I believe you have twisted your sentences around Cjay

Just like the Leeds board, the Barnsley owners sold all their best players for millions then told Hecky to find replacements on a pittance, in fact I think his signings were mainly freebies so is it any wonder they got worse. Their 2016/17 tykes team was very good, they battered us at Oakwell, their 2017/18 team would struggle to beat a rice pudding, ironically even though that was one of the worst Barnsley teams I've seen they were never in the bottom three under Hecky

I keep insisting unless we appoint someone better such as Silva or Bilic it's pointless sacking him.
I agree the 16/17 side was good till January and they did sell his key players i admit that.

But the "he had a pittance to spend" line just isn't true, he had the 18th most expensive side in the league.

He spent more money this season then Preston, Burton, Brentford, Sheffield United, QPR, Bolton, Ipswich, Cardiff in the summer up till January.

I know i have a reputation as a negative nelly where it comes to Hecky but with good reason.

A lot of the reasons and excuses dont hold true.

He won the playoffs and JPT, - Yes, but when he took over Barnsley they wernt a team in crisis like has been said. They had won 7 drawn 2 lost 1 of there last 10, winning 6 in a row before Heckingbottom took over.

They already were in the JPT final.

All there best players were already there, Alfie Mawson, Marc Roberts, Sam Winnall, Adam Davies, James Bree, Josh Scowen, Connor Hourihane, Marley Watkins, Josh Brownhill, Adam Hammill, Ashley Fletcher.

Every key member of that squad was there, already in good form, already in a cup final.

The key players for last season were already there, the side that had been winning pre Hecky just kept going.

They Barnsley sold some stars, and freefell ever since, Hecky could not turn it around.

He didnt have much money but as pointed out above he wasnt as skint as is made out.

So he didn't turn them around, he only had to win 1 game to win a trophy, he had a decent Championship side there when he took over and it proved it the following season.

As Lee Johnson's players were sold Hecky signed his and Barnsley have fallen ever since.

Plenty of managers do better with less cash then Hecky did.

I do agree however l, if Radz isnt going to go bug on the coach may as well keep Soggybottom.

But if thats the case Radz has no ambition at all.
Last edited by Cjay on Mon May 07, 2018 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

fred wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:57 pm Change the record....yawn.
Dont respond then . . . Nobody is forcing you :lol:

Anyway no need to argue anymore.

Imo Barnsley made the right choice and hope we make the same.
Signed

King Cjay

fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:15 pm Dont respond then . . . Nobody is forcing you :lol:

Anyway no need to argue anymore.

Imo Barnsley made the right choice and hope we make the same.
Don`t repeat yourself, nothing is forcing you...

Barnsleys coach had a clause in his contract, that in case of relegation he would/could go. Barnsley wasn`t in the position to choose anything...
Totally different circumstances than with Leeds/Heck.

How much would you be prepared to bet on Heck getting sacked? Not much I guess, and not groundless. Get used to reality...
Last edited by fred on Mon May 07, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.