Heck In/Heck Out

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Heck In/Heck Out

Post by Cjay »

So with the season practically finished and the club likely to make a decision on Hecky within the next week or so, the time has come to choose.

Heck In
Heck Off

Now we discuss the why he should stay, and why he shouldnt, then each make a choice individually.

Why he should stay.
1) We cant keep firing managers, nobody gets anywhere without some continuity.
2) He will have had a chance to assess the squad, what needs to happen, who needs to stay and go.
3) He probably has transfer targets in mind, they may already be in the process off happening.
4) Perhaps with his players as is often said things will improve.

Thats why he maybe should stay, i admit i really struggled to come up with those 4.

Why he should be sacked
1) Results, pure and simple, our form under him has been relegation form
2) Failure to implement any sort of tactical identity and playing style
3) The fans on the whole dont really want him, when that happens its very difficult to stay in the job.
4)He never fitted the clubs tactical plan through the ages, its one thing i feel very strongly about.
5) He is likely to want to raid Barnsley for players he knows, thats underwhelming and wrong imo.
6)He looks out of his depth, in interviews, on the touchline, he looks like a man who is lost.
7) We need a lift, a reason to get behind the club again, a higher profile manager would be that reason.
8)While we have no discernible tactical identity, his substitutions and selections are quite often bizarre.
9)He wasnt 1st choice, rumours strongly imply Marco Silva was, suggests Hecky was a plaster, cant leave plasters on to long.
10 There are better managers out there now, better records, more suited to our tactical ideology, more high profile.

So there are my reasons for Hecky to stay and go, tried to be as unbiased as i could.

And now the decision on whether he should stay or go.

HECK OUT
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: Heck In/Heck Out

Post by lufc1304 »

The only thing I can add is that he seems unable to admit any culpability for results under him. I think we know in which column that belongs.

Heck Out
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Are you the new Clive, Cjay :lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:12 pm Are you the new Clive, Cjay :lol:
Just thought it was something worth asking.

Should he stay or go?

I gave reasons he should stay!!!!! :)
Signed

King Cjay

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Think most people would be happy to see him go, if a strong candidate took over, if we go lower leauge, random European manager, it would just be the same story.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

It seems Leeds are drifting nowhere
While ORTA pulls the strings.
P H joke appointment.
Wood's goals was .massive; never nowt where near him
being replaced..
Poundland bargain basement ambitions
Proven striker at this level is a must..
Sack ORTA & PH..
Get a manager who is proven ie Karanka .allardyce .spring to mind.( who would do a job)
It's not the prettiest but Cardiff ain't complaining
Dwight Gayle Alexander Mitrovic guarantee goals at this level.spring to mind.
None of the above will happen and niether will promotions
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

:tup:
dezzy wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:58 pm Think most people would be happy to see him go, if a strong candidate took over, if we go lower leauge, random European manager, it would just be the same story.
Spot on dezzy
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:06 pm The only thing I can add is that he seems unable to admit any culpability for results under him. I think we know in which column that belongs.

Heck Out
Must admit that winds me up as well, always runs down the squad and never seems to try and shield them from criticism.
johnny wadd
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @jnicholson53

Post by johnny wadd »

get rid of him and show a bit more ambition,
appoint someone who as coached at a higher level
no more losers please !
Last edited by johnny wadd on Fri May 04, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 3:06 pm always runs down the squad and never seems to try and shield them from criticism.
As I do because they are average, lightweight, no battling qualities, lack quality & we have no spine.

All these poor attributes became apparent last at Millwall last September

Heck out.....only if we show ambition by appointing someone like Silva or Bilic

If we replace him with another coach with not a lot to shout about on his CV or a journeyman well what is the point ?

Oh heck what a decision to make, no doubt Radz will get it wrong whatever direction he chooses, he aint got much right so far !

I know the real culprit in all this :P
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

So disappointed. I thought that in his last press conference he would announce that he had been sacked.
I really wanted the season to end on a high note, but if he is staying he has ruined that as well.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

rab_rant wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 3:44 pm So disappointed. I thought that in his last press conference he would announce that he had been sacked.
I really wanted the season to end on a high note, but if he is staying he has ruined that as well.
If he had ought about him, he’d apologise to all the fans then resign but guessing his Bank Manager is advising against that move :(
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 3:28 pm As I do because they are average, lightweight, no battling qualities, lack quality & we have no spine.

All these poor attributes became apparent last at Millwall last September

Heck out.....only if we show ambition by appointing someone like Silva or Bilic

If we replace him with another coach with not a lot to shout about on his CV or a journeyman well what is the point ?

Oh heck what a decision to make, no doubt Radz will get it wrong whatever direction he chooses, he aint got much right so far !

I know the real culprit in all this :P
Lets hope not.

Michael Laudrup and Marco Silva were allegedly approached , David Wagner was also wanted before TC.

Silva was approached before Hecky.

Goes to show at the very least Radz does have a clue, why he cant get these coaches i dont know but at the very least it gives hope that he isnt clueless.

Orta was behind Hecky apparently, presumably as a last resort (long since suspected).

Hopefully this summer Radz does get his 1st choice because if the past is anything to go by they could be very good.
Signed

King Cjay

LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

Agree with 64 . It has to be a name manager not another journeyman or johnny foreigner we have to google. If no name then keep the Heck.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

I fear next season with Heckingbottom in charge......time to go !!
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
1964white

Post by 1964white »

LUFC 1966 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:18 am Agree with 64 . It has to be a name manager not another journeyman or johnny foreigner we have to google. If no name then keep the Heck.
Makes sense '66. What is the point in changing managers for someone who is no better or god forbid even worse ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ronan wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:17 am I fear next season with Heckingbottom in charge......time to go !!
I fear for next season with or without :(
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Out