Leeds v QPR - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v QPR - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 4:21 pm You can't throw all the kids in at that same time

He has done what no other manager/coach has in many years by giving Peacock-Farrell, Pearce, O'Connor & Edmondson a chance to show their colours. Maybe he doesn't think the likes of Dalby, Rey or Clarke are quite ready yet !
How many young kids did TC throw into the first team when we endured two ruts under his management ?
Only because of injuries, O'Connor was dropped as soon as Pennington and Cooper came back, BPF would never have played if Lonergan wasn't injured. Edmondson came on for 20 minutes in a nothing game. Ekuban has had enough chances to prove he isn't good enough and Dalby still can't get a chance.

Clarke chose to stay for game time. If we're not going to play him, then he will leave.

TC played Shaughnessy regularly and gave Stokes a debut, but didn't get overpraised for it. We were still in contention for the top 6 then as well.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Positives

The return of Ayling, full on energy, running & his physical presence for 90 minutes. We've miss him
Pearce maturing with every game
Forshaw's steady influence in the engine-room
Another goal for Phillips who looked happier in a more forward role
Better from Roofe with a nice finish today
Edmondson who is built like a brick-house for a 16yo, nice touches & unlucky not to score
Clean sheet for Peacock-Farrell, well deserved although he had little to do
Defence had virtually nothing to worry about from a laboured hoops attack
30,000 fans turn up to watch a game played as if it was a pre-season friendly
Meeting up with many friends & wishing them all the best for the summer
First time meet & a half-time chat with Oscar
Thank god it's all over for three months

Negatives

The hoops were poor as they were when we beat them at Loftus Road
Ekuban is clearly not ready for a first-team place yet
Pablo's absence, assuming he was home with his wife & new born child
Poor atmosphere but only to be expected
If we start with this team next season I'll fear the worst, it won't be as comfortable as it was today against the better teams

7 Peacock-Farrell
9 Ayling MOTM
7 Jansson
7 Cooper
8 Pearce
7 Vieira
7 Forshaw
7 Phillips
7 Roofe
6 Alioski
4 Ekuban
Subs
6 Pennington
7 Edmondson
n/a O'Kane
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

6 Peacock-Farrell
7 Ayling
7 Jansson
7 Cooper
6 Pearce
6 Vieira
7 Forshaw
6 Phillips
7 Roofe
5 Alioski
4 Ekuban

Alioski has good moments but also very bad moments...hard to judge.
Viera plays good passes, seems very calm, tackles good, but I still miss
a bit more mobility.
Ayling showed what he`s worth.

Centre midfield looked more compact...QPR were poor though.
Last edited by fred on Sun May 06, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:10 pm Only because of injuries, O'Connor was dropped as soon as Pennington and Cooper came back, BPF would never have played if Lonergan wasn't injured. Edmondson came on for 20 minutes in a nothing game. Ekuban has had enough chances to prove he isn't good enough and Dalby still can't get a chance.

Clarke chose to stay for game time. If we're not going to play him, then he will leave.

TC played Shaughnessy regularly and gave Stokes a debut, but didn't get overpraised for it. We were still in contention for the top 6 then as well.
Shaughnessy was part of the first team squad so that was no surprise

Stokes played in a League Cup tie v Newport County last August, obviously he wasn't good enough as he never appeared again & Leeds United dispensed with his services in February

How do you know BPF wouldn't have got his chance ?

I was also hoping to see Clarke or Dalby but by heck he must have his reasons why they didn't play. Pretty certain they will get their opportunity if good enough when Heck or whoever is in charge if both are ready to start.

It's all a gradual thing when deploying young players into the first team
1964white

Post by 1964white »

fred wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:44 pm Alioski has good moments but also very bad moments...hard to judge
I lost count how many times he gave the ball away & also chose the wrong options
1964white

Post by 1964white »

fred wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:44 pm Viera plays good passes, seems very calm, tackles good, but I still miss
Still gives the ball away cheaply, dwells & is unaware of the opposition around him when he's on the ball
1964white

Post by 1964white »

fred wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:44 pm Centre midfield looked more compact
Forshaw influential
fred wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:44 pm QPR were poor though.
Along with Barnsley & Burton the hoops are one of the worst teams I've seen.

Ironically I believe the above teams are only three we've done the double over :shock:
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

1964white wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:18 pm Still gives the ball away cheaply, dwells & is unaware of the opposition around him when he's on the ball
But he also can spot a free man he can pass the ball to very fast...if not always the best choices maybe.
What I miss is him going forward after he has received the ball, if he has the space. He usually keeps the
ball a very short time.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

1964white wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:15 pm I lost count how many times he gave the ball away & also chose the wrong options
First half he was awful, always going inside the defender and as you say losing the ball much too often.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

fred wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:44 pm Ayling showed what he`s worth.
Where did all that energy come from on a very hot day after being sidelined for four months. Ayling was still on crutches six weeks ago .

Astonishing when you consider his circumstances. Luke covered every blade of grass today, the only player to raise a song from the kop. Huge applause for Ayling on the players lap of honour :supbo: :clape:
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

We haven't lost a game since April
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 12:06 pm 11 goals in 27 starts for Roofe mostly in midfield..So pacing 20 goals a season plus if he started up front every game
Perhaps.

But 4 against QPR
2 against Burton

Add the hattrick vs Newport then 9 of his 14 goals have been against very poor opposition.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

fred wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:03 pm
Hope Radz is listening
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:20 pm Perhaps.

But 4 against QPR
2 against Burton

Add the hattrick vs Newport then 9 of his 14 goals have been against very poor opposition.
Roofe is a bit of an enigma to me. The number of goals he has scored somehow doesn`t match to how I perceive him (as not being
good enough.) Certainly one to keep, but we need no doubt a Nr 1 striker to come in, otherwise I just can`t see us scoring enough goals.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

A very good performance yesterday in the end, we were flat in the first half and barely deserved our lead but in the second half for the first time this year we put on a show we moved the ball forwards and with purpose, we bossed the midfield for a change, defensively we looked solid for a change and we looked pretty creative. Our best performance since either Boro at home or Bristol City away (just shows how poor we have been). We just looked so balanced (whisper it without Saiz in the 10 role), one thing we most definitely need to bring into the side is pace though particularly up front and out wide we have absolutely no pace in the side atm (something me and Leon discussed at Half Time).
Ayling made all the difference what a massive boost it's going to be having him back next season as well as Klich and possibly Bartley.
Absolutely brilliant meeting Leon for the first time at half time as well. Interesting that when me and Leon discussed the head coach/manager situation that we both suggested Marco Silva and Slaven Bilic great minds and all that ;-) .

Peacock-Farrell 6- For once he had very little to do apart from one very poor goal kick in the first half which put us under pressure.
Ayling 9- Man Of The Match brilliant just absolutely brilliant, won everything on the ground looked solid throughout and his composure made a massive difference to the team.
Jansson 8- Thought Pontus was back to his best before coming off, solid and some lovely use of the ball.
Cooper 6- Mostly very solid although made one error which could have led to a goal vs a better side.
Pearce 7- Impressive once again, everything about him reminds me so much of Charlie Taylor (something else me and Leon spoke about).
Vieira 8- Protected the back 4 very well and his passing was spot on as well.
Forshaw 7- Started the game slowly but linked up well with Vieira and really started to control things later on in the game.
Alioski 6- Unlucky not to score otherwise a quiet game.
Phillips 8- Good touch and finish, he wasn't particularly creative but he often dropped back to form a midfield 3 with Vieira and Forshaw and used the ball well whenever he got it.
Roofe 8- Outstanding finish and caused QPR a lot of problems.
Ekuban 4- Poor and had no impact on the game.
Subs:
Pennington 7- Solid performance.
Edmondson 6- Did ok and unlucky not to score, far more convincing than Ekuban, Grot and Lasogga. Got a big future at this club imo
O'Kane 5- Came on for the last 3 minutes and lost the ball twice.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

1964white wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:22 pm Positives

The return of Ayling, full on energy, running & his physical presence for 90 minutes. We've miss him
Pearce maturing with every game
Forshaw's steady influence in the engine-room
Another goal for Phillips who looked happier in a more forward role
Better from Roofe with a nice finish today
Edmondson who is built like a brick-house for a 16yo, nice touches & unlucky not to score
Clean sheet for Peacock-Farrell, well deserved although he had little to do
Defence had virtually nothing to worry about from a laboured hoops attack
30,000 fans turn up to watch a game played as if it was a pre-season friendly
Meeting up with many friends & wishing them all the best for the summer
First time meet & a half-time chat with Oscar
Thank god it's all over for three months

Negatives

The hoops were poor as they were when we beat them at Loftus Road
Ekuban is clearly not ready for a first-team place yet
Pablo's absence, assuming he was home with his wife & new born child
Poor atmosphere but only to be expected
If we start with this team next season I'll fear the worst, it won't be as comfortable as it was today against the better teams

7 Peacock-Farrell
9 Ayling MOTM
7 Jansson
7 Cooper
8 Pearce
7 Vieira
7 Forshaw
7 Phillips
7 Roofe
6 Alioski
4 Ekuban
Subs
6 Pennington
7 Edmondson
n/a O'Kane
Great to meet you yesterday mate :tup: and hopefully we will be able to meet up regularly next season :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oscar wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:24 pm Great to meet you yesterday mate :tup: and hopefully we will be able to meet up regularly next season :)
Great to meet you too Oscar & yes I'll see you next season when you are in the kop :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oscar wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:23 pm Ayling 9- Man Of The Match brilliant just absolutely brilliant, won everything on the ground looked solid throughout and his composure made a massive difference to the team.
Thought I must have dream't Ayling's brilliant performance after reading comments on here mate, although Riot was enthusing over Ayling too along with Pat & her sister who stand just behind us

Surely five of us can't be wrong or are we ?

One of his best games in a Leeds shirt imo!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oscar wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:23 pm
Absolutely brilliant meeting Leon for the first time at half time as well. Interesting that when me and Leon discussed the head coach/manager situation that we both suggested Marco Silva and Slaven Bilic great minds and all that ;-)
Without any doubt mate, pointless changing our coach/manager unless it's one with the calibre of Silva & Bilic :tup: