Tom Pearce

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Tom Pearce

Post by Cjay »

Very late.

But Hecky hanging him out to dry made me check, he doesnt have his own thread that i can see so.

Young Tom is today's player.

One of a talented group to breakthrough this season.

How do we think he has done so far?

IN case Tom reads this, ignore Heckingbottom, talks out of his Heckingarse, you arent to blame for today.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Tom Pearce

Post by Cjay »

Think he has done well.

Pacey, positive, done fine defensively, no real calamities for him this season.

Certainly better then ANita, Dallas, Berardi, whoever else we have shoehorned in at left back this season.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

He looked poor on the second goal today and I'm yet to be convinced by him.

He did well in the main against Villa, but he also could have done better at times.

He's not made the same impact Aidy White, Sam Byram and Charlie Taylor did.

It was still a disgrace for Heckingbottom to single him out today. He also said something about O'Connor being poor in training to justify dropping him today. It's pathetic really.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

I think he needs to bulk up a little before I would say he's completely ready. I can see him next year as first back up at LB, or going out to L1 on loan for a full season.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pearce was probably our best player, our fans were astonished when he was subbed. we were worst when Tom left the field
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

For a young lad suddenly thrown into the spotlight he’s done really well, made a few mistakes but no more than anyone else in the team, looks good going forward and will get better the more he plays. Agree he could do with abit more bulk but that will come from hitting the gym or like the rest of us with age :lol: :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:43 am I think he needs to bulk up a little before I would say he's completely ready.
I remember when David Batty first broke through to the first team he was as thin as a stick of Blackpool rock. When he bulked out he became a stronger, more confident player....hopefully young Pearce will get bigger and better as time goes on
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He's a few years away from peak and he's having to learn real quick. We could have a player there and hope he gets his chances going forward.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"