Norwich vs Leeds (team selection and rating)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Re: Norwich vs Leeds (team selection and rating)

Post by hector »

Clive wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:41 pm And yet a lot of people want rid of most of that good back 4.
not me, I have put that we keep 3 of them.....

I am not a lot of people,I am me, I gave my opinion.... I don't actually care what a lot of people want. :P

:)
hector

Post by hector »

fred wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:02 pm Yawn...not going to argue with someone mentioning random `stats`(1 clean sheet under Heck) as he wishes,
but is too lazy or ignorant to check stats which may show some serious correlations.

If I have time I`ll check those stats myself...I`m sure one will find hints why the clean sheets happened.
Play nice please Fred.... We are a friendly forum.....
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Clive wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:11 pm I'm trying to have a sensible debate and you just get nasty.

Sensible? No it isn`t sensible if you don`t listen to what people answer.
If you want to know if and to which extent the reason for Wiedwalds clean sheets was Wiedwald
himself, then the best way to do this is to exclude those possibilities which come to mind first.
You yourself mentioned saves which weren`t perceived of being special...that is: saves which don`t
come to mind at all.
If the stats show that Wiedwald had to deal with the same amount of shots on goal etc., then one
maybe would have to consider other reasons for his clean sheets. But this would probably require
to watch those games again and look where Wiedwald possibly made such saves as you suggested
he might have done.

Sorry if you perceived my answer as being nasty. But it`s frustrating to argue with someone, who
isn`t prepared to do or listen to the sensible things which maybe would allow to find a reasoned
answer to your question.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

hector wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:18 pm Play nice please Fred.... We are a friendly forum.....
Read my answer to Clive. I tried to give a hint in what direction one
should go, if one wants to get a reasoned answer.
Is that being not friendly?

But no problem: I`ll look at the stats myself.
hector

Post by hector »

fred wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:23 pm Read my answer to Clive. I tried to give a hint in what direction one
should go, if one wants to get a reasoned answer.
Is that being not friendly?

But no problem: I`ll look at the stats myself.

I agree with your answer in that the number of shots to save has to be a major factor, but the "lazy or ignorant" bit is the part I am refering to..

Cheers
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

hector wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:27 pm I agree with your answer in that the number of shots to save has to be a major factor, but the "lazy or ignorant" bit is the part I am refering to..

Cheers
Ignorant in the sense of ignoring information isn`t an insult (as long as it isn`t an evaluation of a person as such). And being `lazy` was a plausible (and im comparison to other possibilities: a favourable) explanaition why one might be inclined to ignore a source of information.

But no problem, get your point.
Last edited by fred on Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

fred wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:22 pm Sensible? No it isn`t sensible if you don`t listen to what people answer.
If you want to know if and to which extent the reason for Wiedwalds clean sheets was Wiedwald
himself, then the best way to do this is to exclude those possibilities which come to mind first.
You yourself mentioned saves which weren`t perceived of being special...that is: saves which don`t
come to mind at all.
If the stats show that Wiedwald had to deal with the same amount of shots on goal etc., then one
maybe would have to consider other reasons for his clean sheets. But this would probably require
to watch those games again and look where Wiedwald possibly made such saves as you suggested
he might have done.

Sorry if you perceived my answer as being nasty. But it`s frustrating to argue with someone, who
isn`t prepared to do or listen to the sensible things which maybe would allow to find a reasoned
answer to your question.
Why do you take it as me not listening?

I'm just going back and forth with you, trying to cover all bases.

I'm not trying to make out Wiedwald is perfect and Peacock-Farrell is rubbish, I'm trying to find the truth which probably lies somewhere in the middle.

You seem to want me to just dismiss Wiedwald as useless and talk Peacock-Farrell up, and you take it personally that I'm not doing that.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Indifferent to the result.

Grot and Hernandez as wingbacks?

That's a new one.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Clive wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:35 pm Why do you take it as me not listening?

I'm just going back and forth with you, trying to cover all bases.

I'm not trying to make out Wiedwald is perfect and Peacock-Farrell is rubbish, I'm trying to find the truth which probably lies somewhere in the middle.

You seem to want me to just dismiss Wiedwald as useless and talk Peacock-Farrell up, and you take it personally that I'm not doing that.
Sorry, mate, I can`t argue with you anymore, or I will be banned.
If you want to find the truth: good luck! (Read my answer again, it just might help.)
Next time I`ll be clever enough not to answer in the first place.

Cheers.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:37 pm Indifferent to the result.

That's a new one.

It's like when you plat Football Manager and think WTF.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:37 pm Indifferent to the result.

That's a new one.
It's not his fault though! Or something.
hector

Post by hector »

Hernandez hasn't got the legs to play wingback, nor the defensive skills..... hmmmmm

And why bring Lassie on?? by all accounts he won't be here next season, so why not put out a youngster to give him a bit of time?? or are the results important to Heckinarse??
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Phil Hay
Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
Heckingbottom felt the pressure from Norwich was coming down Leeds' left in the second half. Felt it was a lesson for Tom Pearce today. #lufc

Yep all Tom Pearce's fault :roll:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:50 pm Phil Hay
Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
Heckingbottom felt the pressure from Norwich was coming down Leeds' left in the second half. Felt it was a lesson for Tom Pearce today. #lufc

Like Warnock blaming Tom Lees for everything.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Shields53 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:51 pm Like Warnock blaming Tom Lees for everything.
But Hecky is great with the kids!!! Is he heck.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Shields53 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:40 pm It's like when you plat Football Manager and think WTF.
:lol:

Saw Hecky talking to Pablo obviously telling him.

Love to know what Pablo was thinking.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:50 pm Phil Hay
Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP

Very strange to single out the youngest player in the team.

Thats Pearce dropped next week, can sit with Paudie O'Connor on the bench.

Interesting if you think about what Hecky has basically said.

"I thought the Norwich attacks were coming down our left in the 2nd half, so to fix this i took off an international left wing back (Alioski) replaced him with a teenage winger/Striker, i then took off our best defensive midfielder and waited a while before taking off the left back, switching to 3-5-2 and playing a 33 year old Playmaker as a left wing back in order to fix the issue down the left".
Signed

King Cjay

Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

Shields53 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:51 pm Like Warnock blaming Tom Lees for everything.
Warnock blamed a 22 year old Tom Lees for getting sent-off. Whereas Grayson played him out of position at right-back, Warnock played him in his favoured position and talked him up, and he became our first choice centre-back and got in the England Under 21 squad.

Our demented fans, and the pathetic local media, picked up on it because they were looking for any excuse to have a pop at Warnock at that time, and they tried to make out an established player was a vulnerable kid who could have his career destroyed by nasty Neil.

His career was destroyed so badly he went onto be part of a Sheffield Wednesday team that were regular promotion contenders and now earns probably 5 times what he was on at Leeds.

The performance of Tom Pearce probably went unnoticed by most of the fans, they were probably more concerned with more established players not playing well. Now Heckingbottom has highlighted to them a poor performance of a young player who has only played a handful of games.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Clive wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:47 pm Our fans, and the pathetic local media, picked up on it because they were looking for any excuse to have a pop at Warnock at that time, and they tried to make out an established player was a vulnerable kid who could have his career destroyed by nasty Neil.
I'll take out the word demented as I don't agree with calling my fellow Leeds fans demented. But that's my point, I think any manager should be backing the young players. Fine to take them out of the firing line if they are having a bad game but don't have a dig at them in out post match interview.

Heckingbottom has bigger questions to answer.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

A reporter says "no players available to speak to the media".

Some fans evidently at the match saying "only Alioski thanked the fans".

Noel Whelan suggesting the players arent even trying anymore, not tracking back, no effort, no motivation.
Signed

King Cjay