Update: The Future of the Forum

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Update: The Future of the Forum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

After a fairly lengthy discussion on the moderators forum and several PMs to me from concerned posters we outline the following as the way forward for the forum. Weasel has tendered his resignation as a moderator which I have accepted. After the recent issues I have also asked Leon if he wished to continue as a moderator, he has said that he wishes continue in this role.

We are all here for the shared love of a football team. Not a very good one at the moment but nevertheless we are all here because of Leeds United. Aside from that we are all from different backgrounds, ages and have very different opinions. Treat everyone with respect. Put any squabbles and vendettas from the past or from other forums aside. Respond to others as you would wish them to respond to you. You may not agree with their opinion but you can respect their right to have it. The written word is open to interpretation, you should stop and think how what they say will be received by those reading it. Use emojis if your comment is tongue in cheek.

Strong opinions are welcome, as long as they are presented in a non-aggressive way. The very definition of a forum is that it is a medium through which opinions, views and ideas are shared and their merits discussed, even argued over. There will be zero tolerance of personal abuse and those who post purely as part of an agenda or vendetta. Warnings are to be issues for first offences, bans of 2 weeks for a second offence with bans increasing for further offenses. The moderating team is to be held to account in the same way as members are.

As a result of several informal warnings, several PMs from concerned members and use of foul and abusive language the other night Clive has been banned for 1 month and this will be regarded as a final warning. Those of you who blame Clive for all the recent issues can prove how this forum can be whilst he is gone.

What can you do to help?

If there are posters you simply don’t get on with consider using the Friends or Foes list, if you add a user to your foes list, any posts they make will be hidden by default.

If you are offended by a post please use the report button. It’s very easy to complain about moderation but if you do not report offending posts we may not know about them.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: Update: The Future of the Forum

Post by lufc1304 »

Good post, Adam; if everyone reads and understands what's expected of them, then there's no reason why we all can't get on. Or at least agree to disagree in a grown-up way
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
hector

Post by hector »

Ditto...... :tup:

And those misbehaving.. :shock: .. we are watching you..... :shhh:

:) :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Top post Adam

Some difficult decisions needed implementing in order for our forum to resemble normality again

Can i take this opportunity to thank everybody who pm'd/texted me showing their full support, much appreciated as it was a great lift for my spirits

Now lets enjoy MOT again :)
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Absolutely. Very well put.

That being said, I reserve the right to refer to ManU and their fans as scum, no matter who it may offend. :-)
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

hector wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:33 pm Ditto...... :tup:

And those misbehaving.. :shock: .. we are watching you..... :shhh:

:) :)
But who is watching the moderators...
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:49 pm Top post Adam

Some difficult decisions needed implementing in order for our forum to resemble normality again

Can i take this opportunity to thank everybody who pm'd/texted me showing their full support, much appreciated as it was a great lift for my spirits

Now lets enjoy MOT again :)
:roll:

Use emojis, wasn't it, Adam?
hector

Post by hector »

Gino, if you don't want to enjoy it here... don't come... simples.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

Re-read Adam's original post, Gino, mods will be held to account the same as all other members. This is not Animal Farm, all posters will be treated equally. I can't speak for other mods, but that's how I'm coming at it. And I expect they will do the same.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

hector wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:44 pm Gino, if you don't want to enjoy it here... don't come... simples.
Eeny meeny miny mo
Will I choose friend or foe...
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Top post Adam and I agree completely.

@gino as Nick says, we are all held accountable for our posts. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gino 1959 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:59 pm Eeny meeny miny mo
What did you land on
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

lufc1304 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:47 pm Re-read Adam's original post, Gino, mods will be held to account the same as all other members. This is not Animal Farm, all posters will be treated equally. I can't speak for other mods, but that's how I'm coming at it. And I expect they will do the same.
Fair enough.

At least one mod did the decent thing and stood aside for the good of the forum.

"Side before self" (from the only King Bllly that I recognise ;-))
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gino I really wish you would shake hands & let bygones be bygones
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

Gino 1959 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:03 pm Fair enough.

At least one mod did the decent thing and stood aside for the good of the forum.

"Side before self" (from the only King Bllly that I recognise ;-))
There's nothing wrong with this forum that cannot be resolved by all posters taking responsibility for their actions. We don't all have to agree, it would be crushingly dull if we did, but we can agree to disagree. Challenge those whose opinion you don't agree with, but do so in a constructive way.

And the digs at 64 need to stop. I know you have a problem with him going back to something with Riot, but this forum is not the place to air them. We don't all have to be best mates, but I'm not the only one picking up on what's been going on. Mute him if he bothers you that much, and get back to posting about Leeds, tv, music, whatever takes your fancy. If you can't do that, then you're going to fall foul of the rules of the forum (no vendettas or agendas). For clarity, this isn't a warning; it's me, as someone who has always got on with you, saying enough is enough, mate, move on.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

lufc1304 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:18 pm There's nothing wrong with this forum that cannot be resolved by all posters taking responsibility for their actions. We don't all have to agree, it would be crushingly dull if we did, but we can agree to disagree. Challenge those whose opinion you don't agree with, but do so in a constructive way.

And the digs at 64 need to stop. I know you have a problem with him going back to something with Riot, but this forum is not the place to air them. We don't all have to be best mates, but I'm not the only one picking up on what's been going on. Mute him if he bothers you that much, and get back to posting about Leeds, tv, music, whatever takes your fancy. If you can't do that, then you're going to fall foul of the rules of the forum (no vendettas or agendas). For clarity, this isn't a warning; it's me, as someone who has always got on with you, saying enough is enough, mate, move on.
Well said Nick. Take heed Gino please :bear:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Gino 1959 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:34 pm But who is watching the moderators...

The moderating team is to be held to account in the same way as members are. If you are offended by a post please use the report button.

If you can't take the post with the spirit of moving on with which it was offered then why still post here?
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Shields53 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:27 pm The moderating team is to be held to account in the same way as members are. If you are offended by a post please use the report button.

If you can't take the post with the spirit of moving on with which it was offered then why still post here?
Point 1 - fair enough - asked and answered.

Point 2 - your original post or the one by Hector?

The former - no issues.

The latter was - to me - a veiled threat to those perceived to be 'misbehaving'. I simply asked was the same applicable to misbehaving mods.

People are equally free to click the foe button against my name!
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

becchio bear wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:22 pm Well said Nick. Take heed Gino please :bear:
Really?
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Gino 1959 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:41 pmReally?
Yep really. :bear: