Facebook in trouble again

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Facebook in trouble again

Post by 1964white »

Consumer campaigner Martin Lewis is to launch UK High Court proceedings in a bid to sue Facebook for defamation

Time Facebook took responsibility & got their house in order

Hope he takes this organisation to the cleaners

Elland back
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: Facebook in trouble again

Post by Elland back »

Social media needs to be better policed, especially facebook. Its dangerous...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Elland back wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:49 pm Social media needs to be better policed, especially facebook. Its dangerous...
Whilst Facebook is unpoliced it's an haven for the criminal/scammers fraternity.

Also so many people advertising their businesses for free with no accountants & paying no taxes
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Apparently changing their name to Faceplant
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote:

Social media needs to be better policed, especially facebook. Its dangerous...
Whilst Facebook is unpoliced it's an haven for the criminal/scammers fraternity.

Also so many people advertising their businesses for free with no accountants & paying no taxes
I agree about the scammers/criminal element but why should people have to pay accountants for a bit of free advertising and, as for having to pay taxes, that's for HMRC to sort out.
Many small businesses are crippled by such fringe costs (I'm not talking taxes - they should be paid) - same over here. If small-time entrepreneurs can get a bit of free anything it's often a great help. We owned a flea market over here 18/19 years ago and it's often non-profits which have their hands out for your hard-earned money when you're barely making it, and we were paying legitimate taxes all the time. People tend to think of self-employed people as raking it in and, believe me, most aren't.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:30 pm I agree about the scammers/criminal element but why should people have to pay accountants for a bit of free advertising and, as for having to pay taxes, that's for HMRC to sort out.
Many small businesses are crippled by such fringe costs (I'm not talking taxes - they should be paid) - same over here. If small-time entrepreneurs can get a bit of free anything it's often a great help. We owned a flea market over here 18/19 years ago and it's often non-profits which have their hands out for your hard-earned money when you're barely making it, and we were paying legitimate taxes all the time.
People tend to think of self-employed people as raking it in and, believe me, most aren't
I know as I'm self-employed Norm.

I also know a couple of business operating who claim they are not advertising their services or running it as a business although it is quite evident they are a busy set-up

Facebook is full of sharks....it needs cleaning up. For those reasons I don't use FB even though I have an account
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:30 pm

I know as I'm self-employed Norm.

I also know a couple of business operating who claim they are not advertising their services or running it as a business although it is quite evident they are a busy set-up

Facebook is full of sharks....it needs cleaning up. For those reasons I don't use FB even though I have an account
Fair enough Leon. Thanks for the update.