Cjay wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:04 pm
I worry from Heckingbottoms comments that promotion isnt on the agenda next season anyway, he was quoted as saying that he "sees no reason why we cant compete in the top half next season), thats not a man aiming for the stars.
Which 3 players if it was upto you would you sign realistically?
Now that`s a hard one if you refer to specific players.
At best I can give my opinion on which positions we need strengthening.
1. At least one striker able to score against 20 goals. Two would be better.
2. A strong CB with some experience. (Bartley type)
3. A left back. (Berardi seems past it, Peirce looks promising.)
4. A physical strong midfielder who can dictate a game with potential going
forward. (We badly lack creativ midfielders. Saiz hasn`t proved to be the
solution yet. Hernandez more on the wings it seems.)
5. We also miss a good winger. Alioski is an option. But Sacko, Dallas, Cibicki
Groth (lol), Hernandez or Saiz (in that role) aren`t good enough probably. That Spanish chap we had
could have proven to be a bargain. (Transfer fee was too high though for
taking the risk.)
6. And finally an experienced keeper. (But better than Lonergan etc.)
I just can`t see us getting anything near the quantity of quality required...and if Heck says the aim is the top half
of the table, well...Janssen will like to hear such, and will prevent some players from even concidering a move to Leeds.