Summer Transfers and Squad Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Summer Transfers and Squad Discussion

Post by Cjay »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44071151

Here we go Radz.

Championed him for a while.

Surely if Samu Saiz is worth £3m on the back of one 12 goal 9 assist season in Spains second division (his only standout season ever)
Kemar Roofe worth a similar fee of about £3mil on the back of one (and only real so far standout season) 25 goal 12 assist season in League 2.

Surely Marcus Maddison is worth a similar fee on the back of 46 goals and 64 assists over 4 seasons in the league 1 below this one, a standard higher then Roofe and Saiz and a level of consistency neither have reached before or since?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

For a team whose attacking players have often been accused of making poor decisions with the final ball, MM seems perfect.
Signed

King Cjay

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Phil hay saying we’re due a cash injection, with Radz selling a minority stake in the club!!
Great news, things just got interesting!! Smart man, playing the cards he’s dealt and not stretching us financially, I think he thought it was easier than it is and has gone out and acted on it for the good of the club.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 2:08 pm For a team whose attacking players have often been accused of making poor decisions with the final ball, MM seems perfect.
Because a highlight video shows whether he's good at making decisions or not...

There must be something wrong with him if he hasn't been snapped up by a bigger club already
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

What about Mo? He certainly has an eye for goal.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 3:53 pm Because a highlight video shows whether he's good at making decisions or not...

There must be something wrong with him if he hasn't been snapped up by a bigger club already
64 assists suggests he is good at picking the right pass no?

Only 24, younger then Jamie Vardy when he went to Leicester, younger then Drogba when he went to Marseille, younger then Ian Wright going to Arsenal etc.

Think there were murmurs of an attitude problem in the past.

Peterborough fans calling him there best player is a decent indicator.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wigan rumoured to be bidding £750k for O'Kane. I'd bite their hand off

Cjay would drive Eunan there :car:
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:52 pm Wigan rumoured to be bidding £750k for O'Kane. I'd bite their hand off

Cjay would drive Eunan there :car:
That would be a great deal if it go’s ahead! Wonder what we paid for him? Wouldn’t of thought more than a million?
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Radz also saying that all profits from the Myanmar trip will go into the transfer kitty (though no indication of how much that will be).

Lots of promising links on here, though most will be punts who will potentially take a season to bed in.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Genghers wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 10:32 am Radz also saying that all profits from the Myanmar trip will go into the transfer kitty (though no indication of how much that will be).

Lots of promising links on here, though most will be punts who will potentially take a season to bed in.
lol...will believe it when it happens, that is: real money being invested. With all the `dead wood` I just can`t see the necessary wages being payed.
At best I can see us building something for the next season or the one after.
Last edited by fred on Sat May 12, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

dezzy wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 7:52 am That would be a great deal if it go’s ahead! Wonder what we paid for him? Wouldn’t of thought more than a million?
O`Kane must go whatever...we have too many midfielders.
nmj1989
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by nmj1989 »

Cjay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:06 pm 64 assists suggests he is good at picking the right pass no?

Only 24, younger then Jamie Vardy when he went to Leicester, younger then Drogba when he went to Marseille, younger then Ian Wright going to Arsenal etc.

Think there were murmurs of an attitude problem in the past.

Peterborough fans calling him there best player is a decent indicator.
Posh fan in peace here!

Wanted to give you a bit of a low down on Marcus as I think he will end up at Leeds over the next couple of months.

It's such a tough one really. He is without doubt the best player we have had here over the past 5 years and we have had some good players.

However, the baggage that he comes with has seemingly put off potential suitors every transfer window.

So here's the pro's:

Every single time MM gets the ball, you feel something special is about to happen.

He is so fluid when he gets on the ball, he's reasonably quick, agile and when he's running at defenders is very hard to stop.

He makes space for himself so easily. Even if the opposition man mark him, he tends to be too good for them and is always available.

He's a great penalty taker. I think he's only missed one since he has been here.

But most of all, he is an assist king. 60 odd assists over 4 seasons, including 22 this year. With the ball at his feet, he will pick out just about anybody who is within 50 yards of him with ease. He spots passes that no other player would even think about.

And now the con's:

The guy is a complete prick. A sulking, cheating spoilt brat. I'll break it down a little more.

If he doesn't get his own way and another player chooses to pass to someone else, he throws his arms around and his head drops straight away. He moans constantly and has a look on his face like someone has murdered his favourite pet.

He's a cheat. No two ways about it. He dives constantly, faigns injury and tries to get opposition players sent off. I'm all for our players going down if they've been fouled, but the majority of our fans are embarrassed when Marcus does it as it is so dramatic. You will hear his squeals from the top tier!

He's not a team player. Whenever we score, he doesnt get involved in the celebrations. Instead he either celebrates by himself, or simply ignores it and slowly walks back to his own half.

He should score more goals. For a player of his quality, he really should score more. He's our main penalty taker and for a guy who played 40 odd games this season, I think he only scored 3 goals that weren't penalties. He also takes every free kick but hasn't scored a direct free kick for almost 3 years.

50 percent of our fans love him, 50 percent think his negatives outweigh his positives and in fact we would be a better, more coherant team without him.

Oh, and he's wears 2 different boots. No idea why.

I firmly believe that if he didn't have so many negatives, he would be in the premier league by now.

Do I think he's worth the risk? Yeah, I do. You could spend 2 or 3 million quid on far, far worse players.

To sum him up:

Supremely talented, but of a tosser.

Hope that helps and good luck next season!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

nmj1989 wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:54 pm
And now the con's:

The guy is a complete prick. A sulking, cheating spoilt brat. I'll break it down a little more.

If he doesn't get his own way and another player chooses to pass to someone else, he throws his arms around and his head drops straight away. He moans constantly and has a look on his face like someone has murdered his favourite pet.

He's a cheat. No two ways about it. He dives constantly, feigns injury and tries to get opposition players sent off. I'm all for our players going down if they've been fouled, but the majority of our fans are embarrassed when Marcus does it as it is so dramatic. You will hear his squeals from the top tier!

He's not a team player. Whenever we score, he doesnt get involved in the celebrations. Instead he either celebrates by himself, or simply ignores it and slowly walks back to his own half.
We've already got two of those in our squad :lol:
hector

Post by hector »

And got ridof McCommic......
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Reading reports today that Heckingbottom wants to bring the Barnsley defender Andy Yiadom in on a free transfer but Orta is against the move. If this is true then it’s exactly why Orta must go, you can’t backyour coach for another season yet ignore a transfer target who will cost you nothing but his wage.
hector

Post by hector »

But why the hell do we want a defender from a relegated side?? free or not.....

This is one of the good things Orta has done, it's not about backing him,it is about Hecky whinging in public again. If there is to be solidarity in the management, we should not have known about this... So who bleated to the press?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:45 am But why the hell do we want a defender from a relegated side?? free or not.....

This is one of the good things Orta has done, it's not about backing him,it is about Hecky whinging in public again. If there is to be solidarity in the management, we should not have known about this... So who bleated to the press?
Unsure how good, average or bad Yiadom is ?

Three things I do know is :

He was captain of a relegated team

If he is that good why is he free ?

We have two decent right-backs in Ayling & Coyle, you can throw Berardi in the mix too !
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

huddersfield bid 3 mill for him last summer so he must be at least half decent
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

And so it starts. Feckingarse looking to his old, relegated side for players. Is that the breadth of his player knowledge? We can do better than this and we can do better than him. I despair :(
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson